Someone please tell me it gets better

Hey all,

I was a customer here until recently, I'm not anymore as me and my GF split up.
I broke it off with her for some silly little reasons. It was my first serious relationship and my first true love. I'm 21. It lasted 2 and a bit years.

It's been 3 months since we separated and I've never felt so much regret in my life.
For the first 2 months I was okay, then all of a sudden it hit me, I was like I love this girl I have to have her back. By the time I got there it was too late. Se had started seeing someone else, and now a month on I still feel crappy.

I tried everything I could to get her back, nothing worked. She wanted to be friends but I just couldn't be as it was so fresh. We have started talking again for the first time in nearly a month. It's still as fresh as ever for me.

At present I've decided to try and deal with the hurt I'm feeling and to be her friend and just be there for her. It's only been 3 days and I can feel myself getting depressed. She is so happy without me, I don't want to tell her how bad I feel.

I am aware I bought this on myself. Believe I've been beating myself up about it for long enough. Does anyone have any experiences like this that may give me up fr a future. With or without her.

Good advice Avrielle. I feel for you too. I hope things get better for but there's no real cure. Keep your frinds close and keep talking to them. Sending hugs. x

You will definitely get over it!! Anything anyone can say to you will sound so cliche. It's all so true though!

I believe we all have many possible soul mates in life.

And, as ever, "Life goes on ." xx

Thanks for all of your replies.

AA, as for te break up, she was distraught. I really hurt her, she told me she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me, this foolishly made me think she would come back when I realised I'd made a mistake. But she is so beautiful and was never short of offers. So that's why I didn't feel bad for 2 months. I thought deep downi still had her. I know how selfish that is and I've grown up a lot because of this.

Since then she seems to have changed so much, she isn't the same person I was with. Her opinions on stuff have changed. She seems to care less about stuff.

I know I hurt her, and I've apologised so so much.

I think it's worse because this could have all been avoided and we could still be really happy together. Something that is eating me up, I don't know whether she is glad I broke up with her, I know on that night she would have done anything to keep me. But now I think she might be glad I left her.

The thing is before all this, I've never really ever been that emotional, I haven't cried on 8+ years. Even now I still refuse to ahead a tear, but I know that it would help me release some stress.

I'm a strong believer in crying helps.

Just leave it at that now, have a break. If it's meant to be it will be. You don't want to push her away or hurt her by keep apologising. xx

ultrabeat.....i had a similar thing when I was 21, spent two years thinking about how I screwed up so as not to repeat the same mistakes.

I agree with most of you guys.

However I have helped her recently find something she needed quite badly. All it seems to have done is place her near her new BF. I feel like such an idiot. Helping her get closer to someone else. I'd rather her I Najaf ever time regret being with them. I have the feeling if I stop contact I'll never have yet back, she will just disappear and never come back.