Soreness after sex...

Ok a question for everyone. Me and the OH have pretty regular sex but she has started becoming sore. We dont have marathon sessions, started to use lube(durex aloe vera and also fifty shades) and warm each other up before sex; but she has started to get sore after/during sex.

Is there anything that you lovely people can advise to help prevent this?

Thanks in advance.

Make sure she is nit reacting poorly to the lube. Some women can be sedative to products. Also it could be hormonal related if she is nit self lubricating.

It could be a reaction to the lube maybe? I find some irritate me at the entrance to my vagina and it is quite uncomfortable.
Has it only started very recently? As it could also be a sign of a yeast infection
I often become sore if me and my partner do not use lube, sometimes if I use lube after it makes it sting too.
if you really can not figure out what is causing it personlly I would go the doctors
x

Does she have any other symptoms? Infections like bacterial vaginosis, thrush and sometimes even UTIs and such can cause soreness after sex among other things, if there's anything else could be worth a trip to the doctor.

I don't know about the FSOG lube, but Durex is a devil for drying out in the middle of sex. You may need to use a better quality/longer lasting lube. Anal lubricants are great for vaginal sex too as they are thicker and so add an extra layer of cushioning and are designed to be longer lasting, these ones also have no nasties in it that could cause her irritation (unlike Durex):

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28339

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13181

Some good suggestions already, definitely look into some other lubes as that could have something to do with it. Does she feel like she dries out at all during sex? Or tenses up?

I find if I haven't had sex for a while then the first time I do I'm quite sore after no matter how wet I was, but you say that you have sex frequently so that's probably not your issue.

I have found the FSOG lube to be terrible in comparison to others, so I wouldn't recommend that. The Lovehoney lubricants are very good :)

Thanks for the quick replies.
Used to happen before the lube but seemed to have stopped until a couple weeks back. Used the lubes with no effects so dont think its that.
She definitely self lubricates but dries out thats why we started using lubes.
No other symptons to warrant a yeast infection etc.
Just seems to be after and during sex no other times.
I will take a look at the anal lubes never really thought to look at them.

Thanks for the quick replies.
Used to happen before the lube but seemed to have stopped until a couple weeks back. Used the lubes with no effects so dont think its that.
She definitely self lubricates but dries out thats why we started using lubes.
No other symptons to warrant a yeast infection etc.
Just seems to be after and during sex no other times.
I will take a look at the anal lubes never really thought to look at them.

Sorry about the double post.

Is she using a new body wash by any chance? I was using soap and glory for a while and that caused a lot of problems before I finally realised it was the culprit! As it's so heavily scented

A product she may want to look at is replense, it is a vaginal moisturizer.

I would say though a quick check at the doctor is in order if this continues, she could have a bacterial infection (BV) and not have any other symptoms. It is quite common thing to get and can interfere with sex.

Pr4wnst4r i shall have to ask about that. if it persists that shall be the next step.

How old are you both? Menopause can cause dryness.

Has she started a new birth control pill recently? because dryness can be one of the side effects.

RubyDarling wrote:

Has she started a new birth control pill recently? because dryness can be one of the side effects.

Oh is 31 so hopefully not the menopause eh. Rubydarling she has the coil in been in for about 5months now.

My BF and I sometimes feel a little sore afterwards, and we use lube and have great fun. But sometimes we get a bit carried away. We used to think that if we had marathon sessions that was the reason, but sometimes even quickies we'd get the same result. We put it down to being a little rough when we got horny. It doesn't happen a lot but we try to be a bit gentler, using a water based lube and reappling it.

Good luck! If it continues, maybe seeing the GP can help?

Thiers a great sliquid lube that you can use as a moisturizer and a lube. I use it its great itshttp://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25240 this one was discontinued but they still stock the smaller one

Since putting this thread out hasn't happened which is a good thing i suppose.definitely going to look at different lubes though..

I occasionally get sore if hubby has been going at it a bit enthusiastically! I have also suffered with cystitis which has been caused by bruising internally. I would look at changing lube to something sensitive perhaps, bathe with femfresh (it's PH balanced so may help if she's sensitive) I use this when I am suffering a bit. Be a little more gentle until she feels 100% then start to reintroduce things if required. It may help with identifying if there's an allergic reaction. Hope she is ok