Speedos or board shorts for Jamaica

The wife and i are of to jamaica in a few weeks, she is taking a few bikinis including a thong bikini and her first new white bikini. I prefer wearing speedo type swimwear or the james bond style tight shorts. What everyones opinion one way or another, thats if you care at all. we are both early 50s and have been working out for the last year in preperation. Just an ordinary middle age mr & mrs average.

2 Likes

I think it's a case of whatever you're most comfortable in. Take both and mix it up a bit. 👍🙂

2 Likes

Another vote for whatever you feel comfortable with. Mr John rocks a pair of budgie smugglers and dispite my making fun of them I actually really like them!!

2 Likes

I've a few pairs of budge smuggles myself for trips abroad

1 Like

Mrs.John wrote:

Another vote for whatever you feel comfortable with. Mr John rocks a pair of budgie smugglers and dispite my making fun of them I actually really like them!!

thanks for your imput mrs.john my wife prefers them to the longer dork shorts and says the tan lines are better, will be packing my new speedos and enjoy the sun your only here once if people dont like that dont have to look.

I'm glad it was helpful. I definitely think that if your Wife prefers them and you do too then it's job done. I can't imagine anyone else would have an issue with them (you both look great in your profile pic). I hope you enjoy 😋😎

I'm glad it was helpful. I definitely think that if your Wife prefers them and you do too then it's job done. I can't imagine anyone else would have an issue with them (you both look great in your profile pic). I hope you enjoy 😋😎

My hubby would wear board shorts!! ☺

Unless you have the physique of an Olympic swimmer then shorts is probably the way to go. A mate of mine used to wear speedos in his younger,Greek Adonis days (handsome bastard) but he opts for shorts now. As we get older there are some items of clothing that are better consigned to history. Speedos definitely fall into that category

Go for the budgie smugglers, or better still a thong, much more comfy and better tanlines than shorts.

1 Like

Northern Speedoboy wrote:

Go for the budgie smugglers, or better still a thong, much more comfy and better tanlines than shorts.

I will be packing a few thong swim suits just need the courage to wear them. i do have thong tan lines from the summer so at lest i wont be walking around with a white arse. We are both going to take a walk along the beach at Hedonism i bet the wife we would both walk it naked, it will be a first.

Whatever you’re comfortable in. I can guarantee you’ll see all sorts of people wearing all sorts of things and no one will blink an eye lid. I prefer speedo styles if I have to wear anything at all. Purely because they are more comfortable to have on once you’ve been in the water. If have a brand that boasts a ‘tan-through’ material as well to help negate tan lines.

I wish more men felt comfortable in speedos/budgie smugglers around the Hotel swimming pool
I would love to be brave enough to try a thong At a hotel pool

I would love if thongs on men at hotel pools and beaches became mainstream, or at least acceptable.

2 Likes

I have both and not a massive fan of board shorts, that said am a great lover of short shorts. The ones I got are a kind of running short with a liner to stop anything dropping out with the speedo support.
As for physique I am a 50 ish man rocking a dad bod!

I have just returned from Rhodes and I was shocked by how many men around the pool were in speedos over shorts and they looked good - I feel they are bigger now ( more like high waisted knickers) and no longer skimpy and silly

I’m looking for a pair for my man for next holiday

1 Like

Board shorts so that sand doesn’t get stuck. :sunglasses:

Whatever you’d like to wear! Carriabean ladies don’t give a monkies on what each other wear.
Just go for it

Was it speedo or thong?

Defo Speedo’s

1 Like