squeaky bed

So after the love life losing its sparkle, it's starting to come back but one big problem i have its my bed squeaks like crazy. It's a wooden frame so i am thinking about treating us to a new bed any ideas on which is less likely to squeak. Strange question I know but the squeaking is putting me off and my son is on the other side of the wall .....

Morning!

A squeaky bed is my ultimate pet hate so I feel your pain. I can't get in the mood as there's always the 'who can hear me fear!' When I moved into my new house, I settled on one with a solid base. You know the ones that you can't look under? That. As long as you get a good mattress, you can't hear a thing. I also don't have a headboard, just because they annoy me, but each to their own.

Hope you manage to find something :)

Morning do you mean a divan style of bed ? The floor boards are just as squeaky so there are going to get re screwed down this weekend 😁

Hi sugarplumfairy, I'm with you on this, a squeaky bed is one of the most distracting things (along with vibrators that sound like chainsaws). In the meantime you could try tightening up your bed joints, it can really make a difference. And I've stuffed a bit of thick foam behind my headboard too to minimise any movement.

Good luck with the bed buying.

Have you tried maybe treating the wood? Kind of like you can get bees wax to rub/polish into wooden dining tables, it might lubricate it so it's not rubbing, and would probably be a lot cheaper than a whole new bed. Might smell pretty nice too.

Not sure if it might cause some staining on the matress and sheets though where they come in contact.

I just bought a new bed about a year ago and went for a solid oak one
Bloody delight, that and a new summer/winter mattress from dreams has been amazing for my back and sleep

I got a super king size, so plenty of space

Talcum powder is your friend here, assuming you have a wooden slat type bed

Ah we have one of those. We have pulled it away from the wall and added some extra carpet under the 4 corners and it seems to have worked a treat.

Have you though about taking you lovemaking out of the bed? There are many places in the bedroom to get 'friendly' , 😀 For instance on the carpet, in a chair, up against the wall, bent over the edge of the bed, leaning out the window. None of these locations squeak, believe me I have tried them all 😂

As well as being squeak free they are more adventurous than plain old bed sex. !!!!!

We went away for our 10th wedding anniversary - first time we had a ‘dirty’ weekend to be fair. I’d ordered some goodies from here and when we got in the room and in the bed it was so squeaky 🙈. It was a real pain. In the end we didn’t let it stop us but it did put me off most of the time.

Make sure the bolts are tight, I screwed the bed foot end to the floor and the headboard to the wall top and bottom, even though our bed is 6 years old it doesn't move at all.

Don't buy a metal frame bed they come loose all the time?

I also made two brackets to hold stirrups up at the side![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)