Still embarrassed to ask?

Despite having been married for 25 years and able to talk to my wife about everthing. I still find it embarrassing to ask for something's. She has told me should would try anything at least once. She also finds still ,talking about our sex life in the cold light of day a little embarrassing. I find this also a little erotic, I guess naughty.

Endearing or just simply ridiculous?

Not ridiculous GG. We would be the same. Although my feelings would veer towards shame as opposed to embarrassment. I've always attributed those feelings to my fucked up catholic upbringing (apologies for the swear word but it's warranted). We're slowly leaving that shit behind us.

If you're in love, nearly anything can be endearing.![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Gentle giant wrote:

Despite having been married for 25 years and able to talk to my wife about everthing. I still find it embarrassing to ask for something's. She has told me should would try anything at least once. She also finds still ,talking about our sex life in the cold light of day a little embarrassing. I find this also a little erotic, I guess naughty.

Endearing if harsh daylight makes you cringe go for a talk with candle's instead fhat way any blushes can be hidden

Ron Burgundy wrote:

Not ridiculous GG. We would be the same. Although my feelings would veer towards shame as opposed to embarrassment. I've always attributed those feelings to my fucked up catholic upbringing (apologies for the swear word but it's warranted). We're slowly leaving that shit behind us.

Doesn't religion have a lot to answer for (Please I am not putting down anyone's personal faith it's the organization ) don't do this , mastubation is wrong this sex before marriage is wrong if you want to wait do please make sure you some sexual experience a marraige to a guy who is rubbish at sex is hell well I lost my viginity to the guy I married worse mistake ever, sex never got better. Good luck to you both.

I'm 100% open and honest about sex, I always have been despite being brought up in an entire big family of Catholics and general prudes. I think it just has a lot to do with your personality

Gentle giant wrote:

Endearing I still get embarrassed or feel awkward talking about it at times. Thanks to the mobile phone I can quite readily/easily tell him or ask something over a message...doesn't always stop the blushing when do talk about it

I find that this is so directly related to confidence. Me and my boyfriend when a little intoxicated have said and done things I had no idea I even wanted to do. I am one that is too embarrassed to dirty talk during sex unless close to climax and really heightened however we have always been able to talk about it in a non-erotic kind of way (maybe just informative or descriptive) during the day. Maybe try this, don't put any pressure on it needing to turn her on by just talking about it, just treat it like any other chat and you may find conversation flows. When the pressure is on to turn someone on, you think a lot more about what you're saying.

Hope this helps.

I can talk about sex all day long with friends and colleagues at work (makes the day go quicker) but sometimes when it comes to my partner I really get embarrassed! Not sure why, I am getting better though :)

All helps thanks everyone. Most reassuring. We do talk all the time about our love life, it's just that having been told you can have what ever you want but to have to ask. Just a weird silly hang up I guess. All so my wife is very giving and I think a little to submissive. I would like her to switch just occasionally. Let go and just do what she wants. This we have talked about endlessly just isn't in her I think.

Thanks again.

My OH and I now often discuss sex while walking the dog or in the car. No embarrassment, just amazement that we are now in such a good place! This is all very new as when we were younger we went through a very bad (and long) period relationship-wise; looking back it was mostly down to a lack of proper communication. Conclusion: keep talking to and listening to your partner, about anything and everything.