Stinging sensation

Having accustomed myself to using a couple of different butt plugs, I thought I might try a small dildo. You never know till you try. I ordered the Lifelike Lover, the smallest one I think. Anyway, although I was a wee bit scared it actually went ok, just taking it slowly. Heeding all the advice I have read I withdrew it to apply some more lube, Maximus Anal lube from LH. But I experienced a most uncomfortable stinging burning sensation as I tried to re insert it. Once in it all died down a bit but I called it a day. Does the stinging go away eventually? I have not attempted it since, I thought I’d give it time to settle down. I quite enjoyed the short experience and would like to move on. It has been about 4 days since that first go, would it be ok to have another try, I don’t want to aggravate it. I feel no discomfort at all so I assume things are well. How long between sessions do you recommend to become more accustomed. The dido itself while well lubed was a bit “sticky” I thought. I put a condom over it which did improve things. Sorry to cram so many things into one post!

If you feel no discomfort now (and haven't had any pain during bowel movements), then I think you can rule out a tear. It could be a reaction to the lube (although Maximus is one of the best on the market) or the toy. DId you buy the basic one? If yes, this could be your issue as PVC can cause some people problems. The fact that it was better with a condom would point to it being the toy.

Alternatively, it could just be the fact that you are not yet used to a toy of that size. Sometimes, if you try a larger toy, it will go in ok the first time but if you remove and reinsert in the same play session, it can be too much for your bum.

If you aren't in any discomfort now (and there has been no blood), you probably are safe to try again.

Have you used that brand of lube before? Have your plugs been made up the same material as the dildo? If not it could be a reaction to either of them.

kelly_michelle There was no discomfort at all next day or anything to suggest a small tear. It was the basic one, pvc as you say. I’ll see how it goes, it might be worth investing in a one of a different material.

RosyCheek. My plugs are glass ones and never gave me any problems. Think I have used them with the same lube. I will try again and maybe cover the dildo with a condom again. Can you have a reaction to condoms I wonder?

Thank you both for your help.

You can have a reaction to condoms. But from your first post I’m not sure it is the condoms. However, if you are worried try a different brand or a latex free one.

Based on your response, it sounds more likely that it’s the material rather than the lube or the condoms. Condoms can cause reactions (either to the latex or to the lube used on them) so perhaps try non-latex or unlubricated if you’re concerned?

I personally would try the silicone version of the Lifelike Lover instead, the 5.5 inch one and see if that changes anything. Silicone is hypoallergenic like glass so it should not give you any problems. :)

NatandTom wrote:

Based on your response, it sounds more likely that it’s the material rather than the lube or the condoms. Condoms can cause reactions (either to the latex or to the lube used on them) so perhaps try non-latex or unlubricated if you’re concerned?

I personally would try the silicone version of the Lifelike Lover instead, the 5.5 inch one and see if that changes anything. Silicone is hypoallergenic like glass so it should not give you any problems. :)

+1

Silicone toys are so awesomely comfortable!

Ensure a 'water-based' anal lubricant is used with them, such as Lovehoney's own anal lube.

'Water-based' prevents damage to the silicone material of your toy. x

As others have said it could be a reaction to the material in the toy itself, you may be worth investing in a glass dildo for anal play? Sometimes you can get a slight sting because of the stretching, with a plug you get over the large diameter of the bulb and then you get to the stem which is usually thin, but a dildo is one constant width so it can be a very different experience. Try with a condom (if you haven’t had any issues with latex etc in the past) and see if this makes it easier, just make sure you roll the condom all the way down the toy to ensure it doesn’t roll up. One other tip is Male sure you have a good grip on the dildo as you don’t want it adventuring up north or slipping out of your fingers.

I have the same problem with Maximus - feels about as comfortable as a hive of bees up there! Liquid Silk, on the other hand, is fine (and is from the same company)

I would say this sounds more like a reaction to the condom or the lube. Id try a different kind to be sure.

Thanks all for the help. I think I have used the lube with the glass plugs and didn’t experience the same sting. Then again as LIL_KNOWN69 says, there is the extra stretch to consider. I think it’s just a matter of trying a couple more ttimes and see what works. I have some LH ordinary basic lube that I could switch to from the Maximus. Usually with my glass plugs I use pure unrefined coconut oil, or almond oil.

For some reason durex lubes bother me so I could understand why that may be the issue. I'd suggest maybe trying taking things slower as you can get a similar stinging sensation by rushing and such but hopefully it's just the lube. - Boy's Own extra thick is pretty good if you're looking for a pretty thick water-baxed one.