Stocking Seams: tips for getting them straight?

Forgot to mention that an open bottom or traditional pull on girdle may work well. The suspender straps are shorter so less chance of them moving about.

1 Like

A line of Pritt down the back of the legs. Works every time.

Only kidding. As suggested above, a six strap suspender belt Works far better that a four. We’ve never bought an eight.

Thanks everyone, well all the ladies (and Mr C) at least :grin:… I decided to invest in a six strap belt and as you can see, following all your tips, I think I pretty much nailed it! but I’m glad I took the photo from the back as the points from @MiddleAgedDirtbag and @subbysam now make perfect sense - I couldn’t get my head around attaching the back strap in line with the seam but with taking the photo, I now see what you mean. I also took @Bexy’s advice about metal clasps and not over tightening. Next time out, I’m confident of perfection :slight_smile:
:+1:

4 Likes

Wow brill @Melody1 you’ve nailed it…strut your stuff knowing you’re gonna knock 'em for six…
:heart:

1 Like

This thread is a bit dated, but appeared in my list so I thought I would reply xxx

As a long standing devotee, admirer, and wearer of Fully Fashioned Stockings, I am fastidious at making sure my seams are straight when I wear them.

@MiddleAgedDirtbag has already suggested, the main answer lies in wearing 6 suspenders not 4, and that will keep them straight, providing they are attached while the seams are straight. As others have suggested, good quality wide straps, and shorter rather than longer straps also helps. It is a pity LH don’t make any lingerie items with 6 straps.

I say I am fastidious in keeping my seams straight… but when I’m wearing them for ‘an evening in’ :wink:then they do go wonky …. but I’m far to distracted to care then :kissing_heart:

Enjoy @Melody1

R xx

2 Likes

Hey @Rachel_sometimes

Lovehoney do have a leather six strap in their range but it usually sells out pretty quick

And there tells a story … c’mon LH, 6 quality suspender straps on a wider number of products :wink:

R xx

1 Like

My wife has always worn seamed stockings and tights, which I find extremely sexy especially under a pencil skirt or bandage dress with stilettos, however it has always been my task as the last thing we do before leaving home that I check that they’re straight and the fully fashioned heel lines up with the heel on her shoes!!!

2 Likes

Oh my @adge58. You are an incredibly lucky chap to have a wife that truly appreciates feminine elegance . Seeing ladies in such gorgeous hosiery is but a an extreme rarity these days!

I will post some pics … when I’m allowed to.

R xx

1 Like

Being a solo act and not flexible at all , I do not have too hard a time with the lines but sure do trying to make sure the lace tops are not rolled under . I take photos for my wife , myself and you folks . I hate when I have them all even and lace up and by the time I get in position for a photo shoot they become messed up . I will take a number of pics and think everything went to plan and then look at pics and see lace turned in or more often one lower than the other . This photo was not too bad after several tries . https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/lingerie-photo-uploads/257652/1221?u=oldman
As you can see my assistant is of little help in this shot .
https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/lingerie-photo-uploads/257652/906?u=oldman

I know……
& it’s fully appreciated……
A.

1 Like