Storing Vibrators

OK this is'nt another thread about 'what bags are available' what im worried about is storing them together in the same bag and melting each other!!!

I know certain plastics/rubber/silicones melt each other when stored together - does anyone know what will/wont store well together - i have a mixture of rubber, plastic and silicone toys - see my wishlist for what we have already - i really dont want to see the end of some of our toys just because i didnt store them right!!

is there a solution to this? can i wrap them individually in cling film or something?!! or will that melt them too?!!!

Use the search fuction and I'm sure there are a couple of threads on it.

Heres one and a useful link from it.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sex-tips-and-advice/48098-materials-reacting/

http://www.talksexwithsue.com/toycare.html

I've had melted ones... not nice!

An idea... cutlery tray maybe?

that might be a bit difficult to fit in my foot long bag!

masterandslave wrote:

that might be a bit difficult to fit in my foot long bag!

External Media

Two or three trays then!External Media

I know silicone toys will melt if you store them together without some kind of barrier between them. Plastic is fine, I keep them at the bottom of my box without the packaging. Rubber I'm not 100% sure about, but they're probably okay to be touching, although dont take my word for it!

As for storage, I bought some of those tubes the other day that people use for mailing posters and stuff like it, it works a treat! You'll probably have to cut them down to size, but it's perfect!

what about a little clear plastic zip make up bag or pencil case? would that plastic react with it?? :-s

think i might just end up with a few bags - one for each type of material used?!!

masterandslave wrote:

what about a little clear plastic zip make up bag or pencil case? would that plastic react with it?? :-s

think i might just end up with a few bags - one for each type of material used?!!

I dont know. It shouldnt react to the pencil case, but I wouldnt count on it, you usually dont know what they make them out of. You'll definitely need a separate bag for each of your silicone toys.

so silicone against silicone = bad melty?

masterandslave wrote:

Yeps!

Although I'm curious as to what makes a winner!

One will end up a blobby glob and the other is unscaved in defiance!

If you are looking for long-term storage or for storage when travelling, we'll advise you to use big zip-lock bags (look on eBay for the sizes you need), they're so cheap that you easy can replace them after each use. On a normal day-to-day basis we use a stashe-pillow as found here:

http://www.theliberator.co.uk/Liberator_Stashe_Pillow-pr-1334.html

It gives a little kick knowing your toys are displayed (and easily accessible) in the open without anyone else the wiser. These pillows are well padded "locking" your toys in place and makes it easier to keep them apart. The only thing that gives them away is the weight when filled with your favourite toys!

Try it!

WandA wrote:

masterandslave wrote:

Yeps!

I believe it's due to the chemical makeup of the silicone. 100% pure silicone wouldnt melt, but in order to make sex toys affordable, it's not 100% pure silicone, but rather silicone mixed in with a few other materials. Unpure silicone melts when in contact with other unpure silicone objects. If one melts more than the other, it's probably due to the silicone concentration.

Ecksvie wrote:

WandA wrote:

masterandslave wrote:

Yeps!

I believe it's due to the chemical makeup of the silicone. 100% pure silicone wouldnt melt, but in order to make sex toys affordable, it's not 100% pure silicone, but rather silicone mixed in with a few other materials. Unpure silicone melts when in contact with other unpure silicone objects. If one melts more than the other, it's probably due to the silicone concentration.

Well thank you Eck! Its like some wierd survival of the fittest contest...

WandA i'd never thought of it that way before!

Maybe if Love Honey do find some more bags to stock, when they come to launch them they could do a guide/test to storing toys safely?

I had no idea that silicone on silicone would cause trouble - I just thought to keep the different material types separate. Unless you've come across it before it isn't particularly obvious.

masterandslave wrote:

WandA i'd never thought of it that way before! External Media

Maybe if Love Honey do find some more bags to stock, when they come to launch them they could do a guide/test to storing toys safely?

I had no idea that silicone on silicone would cause trouble - I just thought to keep the different material types separate. Unless you've come across it before it isn't particularly obvious.

And the winner of the contest gets to have sex!

It is possibly true on so many levels!

Yep! You must keep the same things apart in some cases.

I keep all my vibes other than the hard plastic ones in their own little cases. There are some that might be alright but I'm not risking it!

My cone which is silicone was resting ever so slightly on the LH dolphin silicone vibe and on each vibe there's a teeny tiny hard patch where they were touching, grrr! So it obviously doesn't even like the tiniest bit of contact. I suppose the best bet would be fabric bags for each vibe (good coz you can just wash em easily as well). I'm going to start wrapping them in scraps of fabric or get some wee bags sewn up if I have the time.

Thank you Carly! You always have the answer!!

Just on the lookout then for some decent pockets to keep them all separated now! Just hope they don't have any fights amongst themselves between now and then!

This is a very informative discussion about silicone touching silicone:

http://www.edenfantasys.com/sex-forum/companies/tantus/silicone-feeling-silicone/

The question was directed at Metis Black, who is Tantus' founder and president. (Tantus is a company known for it's safe, sexy and silicone toys)

Wow I had no idea that there could be any problem with storing toys, I just chucked mine together in the bottom of my draw. That's plastic, jelly and rubber no silicone which I think should be alright but I guess i'd better move them apart a bit anyway.