Storing your toys

We store our toys in a old file which has a very dodgy lock must upgrade to something better!

Butters,notallsweetandinnocent! wrote:

aha i was gunna purchase a lockable storage bag from LH for the 'clone-a-willy' we made, but they no longer stock it :-(

hey, i mentioned earlier that LH used to stock a lockable bag. Well i commited treason yesterday when me and the OH popped into Ann summers whilst christmas shopping. I WILL STATE THAT WE DID NOT BUY ANYTHING! but the same lockable bag is now in stock there. its £10.

LH you need to restock it!

might just buy a lockable flight box for xmas the toy stash is getting to big for the bottom draw now

Started storing some on the coffee table.... throw a large summer hat over them when people come over... though most people who know me expect to see sex toys around the place. Been thinking of making something that's super organised, but I'm fussy. I like making things :) so it'll be fun if I get round to it.

how about one of those hanging shoe organisers made of hessian or canvas i think

lickmadick wrote:

how about one of those hanging shoe organisers made of hessian or canvas i think

I thought about that, but I'm planning some much bigger. Just going to wait till spring, then I can get the power tools out and borrow someones garden, =) too cold right now.

yeah a bit nippy you hang a coat hanger on mine lol

I keep most of mine in a big, sturdy wooden chest at the bottom of the bed. It's so beautiful; 36"x18"x16", and technically lockable, although I never bother (only me and my partner go in our bedroom, and even if we didn't, I'm not exactly shy about the things, and I doubt most people would go snooping in what is essentially a linen chest). The boy bought it for me when we moved, as I could no longer keep my toys in our 'Cupboard of Depravity' as it came with the house we were in at the time. I think I'm going to need something as an addition to the chest if I get much more, though, as it's already pretty full.
I keep my much beloved RO-80 Bullet and 'Mr BunBun the Second' (a Toy Joy Funny Bunny) in my bedside cabinet drawer, along with my favourite lube (Sliquid H20) and a few orgasm enhancers and spare batteries. My new Vampire Bride and the Wartenberg pinwheel's in there at the moment, too.
Boyfriend keeps his personal vibe collection, and a couple of bondage things, in his bedside drawers, and a bag under our bed.
I think that's everything...

We keep ours in the two drawers under the bed as it makes for easy access when groping around in the dark

Great threat as i was thinking this the oother day. living situation isn't great at the mo, really want to invest in some BIG BIG dongs but how and where do you store it. current collection lives under the pillow, in knicker draw but a massive cock what would you do with it? in fact what is the perfect way t store them?

illumine wrote:

im now getting a large wooden chest to store all my toys in as they are overflowing! im going to put it in the living room, stick some cushions on it and it can be a guest seat :D

I found this post really amusing as I could imagine my friends or parents sitting on that seat full of sex toys while having a cup of tea, absolutely clueless!

I've started keeping my toys in zip sealed lunch bags,that way I can pile them on top of each other in a big carboard box but don't have to worry about materials reacting to each other,was a pretty cheap solution to my storage problem Don't know why I didnt do it sooner!

my partner recently bought a large drawer set because we have too many to just put in a box now. it is useful for seperating the bondage ewuipment, toys and smaller items

As a young man who lives with his parents, I currently keep my lingerie and toys in two black plastic-y bags (like the cheap but sturdy plastic backpacks given by promotion stalls at fairs) in the top of my wardrobe. Unfortunately, my mum found my red dress that was too big/fragile to cram in a while back which I had to keep hanging in the otherside of the wardrobe noone goes in - or at least what I thought!

I would like a walk-in dildo storage locker

^ Agrees with atlanta,I might need one of these pretty soon

Three new toys coming in the post

I use a bog-standard plastic tool box, but i keep a couple of my fave toys in a draw cos its closer to the bed lol!

RedCheeks wrote:

I've started keeping my toys in zip sealed lunch bags,that way I can pile them on top of each other in a big carboard box but don't have to worry about materials reacting to each other,was a pretty cheap solution to my storage problem Don't know why I didnt do it sooner!

Are lunch bags/freezer bags okay to store toys in - that is, if I use 'em am I not going to find a month later that everything's stuck/degraded?

Just ordered a couple of new toys from LH to replace the misc ones we had before (apart from the Fleshlight and Tenga that my missus doesn't know I've got ) and this thread has been very interesting. At the moment the toys (along with a DVD or two) are in an old laptop bag. It was going spare and it's easily put on the top shelf away from the kids, and unlike the various plastic boxes it's not see through.

You might wanna check into purchasing storage boxes. We need to. I store mine in plastic storage boxes and some decorative boxes that I make myself. I keep a snap-lid plastic storage box of my favs under the bed and the rest in the closet.

BBobX wrote:

RedCheeks wrote:

Are lunch bags/freezer bags okay to store toys in - that is, if I use 'em am I not going to find a month later that everything's stuck/degraded?

I only use cotton bags myself because it's easier than trying to remember what might react, so I don't have any experience with plastic bags. But there are tales of melted woe in some of the storage threads from people who kept a toy in some sort of plastic bag. You might be able to pull up some of them via search.