Taste

My O/H said occasionally I can taste a bit acidic/tart and at those times he doesnt spend as much time giving me oral. So does anyone know what food is the best to eat that makes your juices more palatable?

Hiya

This can be a little difficult if not amusing/fun to answer!

First problem being is taste is subjective - so what you like, your OH might not. So I could suggest you eat pineapple but if your OH hated pineapple he wouldn't agree that's a good food to eat. (My OH hates the smell of asparagus but likes the taste so not sure how he'd feel about that!!)

That said apparently things like pineapple and wheat germ are supposed to be good for men and women.

Taking in alcohol and nicotine are supposed to taste 'worse' but I guess to a drinker or a smoker you'd taste fine!

I sometimes eat a lot of imperial mints and my OH comments I taste sweeter (not mintier lol) when I've scoffed down a bag!!

Overall I'd say not to worry too much - as long as you're clean, you're fine. Don't forget you may taste different at different times of the month too

Angel x

Thanks DRA- I do worry if it means my man wont go down on me as often as I would like him to.I do like a glass of wine occasionally so maybe its when I have that. I do keep my hygiene tip/top and look after myself but maybe I could try flavoured lube? It could work for both of us perhaps.

If it worries you perhaps 'monitor' when he mentions you taste acidic and think about what you've been eating and whether or not something crops up over and over.

It could be something as simple as cycle which makes you taste different?? A few glasses in moderation (of wine) wouldn't make that much difference I wouldn't have thought.... but a total piss up with a hot chilli kebab the night before might lol

Try not to worry too much though - don't forget men taste differently too. Sometimes just drinking lots of water can help - perhaps you're not drinking enough? This often helps men taste less salty so surely must help you taste less acidic?

Angel x

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

It could be something as simple as cycle which makes you taste different??

Angel x

this is an important one.

but improvements in diet and excersise will help all round so it might be good to keep a note of the taste and the point you are in the cycle as well as any foods youve had which might affect it.

from a male perspective i love it when my OH is sweaty and has that "ive been busy all day smell and taste" its a sweet, almst sugery musky smell/taste. id say the only time she tastes abit off is prier/after her time of the month. she would say that i taste different the day/day after ive worked out or when i drink too much cola and she hates it when i drink lemonade! sometimes i do it just to give her a suprise lol

I would give the flavoured lube a try. If it really bothers you then do keep a note of what you have been eating/drinking and where you are in your cycle and possibly what you were doing before sex (it is possible that it could be related to sweat or something), however don't let it ruin your sex life. You said it is occasional, so there is nothing wrong with you, so don't fret too much over it or when he does give you oral you'll be too worried about how you taste to enjoy it. If the flavoured lube doesn't work that well get him to spend a little more time use his hands or a toy on you if you taste a little funny that day.

I don't think eating pineapple would necessarily make you taste exactly like one, just sweeter. I know my OH has definitely commented that he can tell when my diet includes more sugar ;) haha

Be careful when using flavoured lubes as to how/where you use them so as not to contract a yeast infection! :)

Cant say ive ever really had a bad taste when giving oral but my OH dos'nt drink tea or coffee so may be thats why as Ive heard that can change the taste for men and women !!!!

Tea and coffee? I am drinking tea a lot daily and although my taste can vary a bit during the circle depending on my hormones, if it was tea and coffee it would be a permanent alteration, as I drink the same amout daily. If it is something occassional, I think it is either something in the diet which is not in it daily, or hormonal changes

lilmadam92 wrote:

Be careful when using flavoured lubes as to how/where you use them so as not to contract a yeast infection! :)

Sugar is usually the culprit in flavoured lubes that causes yeast infections.

However lovehoney stock tonnes of flavoured lubes that are gentler and contain no sugar or glycerin.

ID is sugar free http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=8215

as well as sliquid http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22109

and there's a lot more too.

Hmm it would be worth keeping a diary if we had sex regulary but once a month and thats doesnt always include oral, means I will have no idea what might be causing it. Thanks for all your help

Dee_licious333 wrote:

Hmm it would be worth keeping a diary if we had sex regulary but once a month and thats doesnt always include oral, means I will have no idea what might be causing it. Thanks for all your help

Maybe too bold to suggest this, but you can do the tasting yourself and note any change you notice. Cannot believe I suggested this

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

You can also get wipes for your 'feminine' areas that are Ph balanced. I use them and it makes such a difference when you aren't feeling quite so fresh.

Or you can get Simple baby wipes for a quid in Home Bargains and they do the job just as well .

I use them for everything from taking off my make up to freshening up to wiping down my make up table! Useful and cheap.

As for taste - as mentioned lots of things can effect it. Food and alcohol will be two biggies. If it's your fluids that are the problem you can always use a baby wipe to freshen up on occasions when the taste is particularly strong, then he can stick to licking your clitoral area which has much less fluid and not lick lower on that occasion. You still get oral but he has less of the strong taste!

Adx

Thanks for tips. I will consider eating more fruit and cutting out, hmmm thats going to far....reducing coffee intake and see how that goes! I dont think the wipes will change how I taste though but may consider it at certains time of the month. Thanks guys

Laveila wrote:

Dee_licious333 wrote:

Maybe too bold to suggest this, but you can do the tasting yourself and note any change you notice. Cannot believe I suggested this

I was totally going to suggest the same!

SS xx

SweetSubmission wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Dee_licious333 wrote:

I was totally going to suggest the same!

SS xx

Heh, well, its not like I never tasted myself, I did many times, so it could be an option, I guess.

Hi Hella

That makes sense, but chinese spare ribs not my thing im afraid!! We tend to eat healthily anyway but I drink too much coffee and wine so.. as advised im going to take try cutting those things out! Thanks

The OH says I taste of whatever shower gel I have used. His favourite is cherry.

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

My best man mate swears that women taste like whatever they've been eating the day before, so my recommendation is to spend your life eating his favourite food. ;)

One girl i went out with must have been eating a hell of a lot of fish then:)