Tea and sympathy thread

I dont know if this is a good idea or not ?

When people are feeling ill, under the weather, a bit down etc we post it on the rant thread more often than not.....mainly because there isnt really anywhere else to post it. I thought a separate thread where people can post if they need support or sympathy might be a good idea. We dont really need or want to rant when we're feeling down so perhaps popping a post on this thread will be useful.

The rant thread can then be used for exactly that, ranting if we're angry about something ?

Just a thought xx

Well, I don't need sympathy right now but you've inspired me to go pop the kettle on xx

I reckon this is a good idea Terri x

I like this idea! Support and cups of tea all round x

Cakes !?

...I just made some chocolate cupcakes xD

great idea terri

Kazamarie wrote:

SquirtyPanda wrote:

Cakes !?

...I just made some chocolate cupcakes xD

Noooooo don't mention cakes pleaseeeeeee ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I'll be sick it's the smell at the moment xx

Aha awwhh noo๐Ÿ˜ข ... More for me then lol.

get well soon!

Well after cleaning out the garden shed and cutting my finger I am now wearing a rather fetching Hello Kitty plaster thanks to my daughter!

Tea and cakes please!

Kazamarie wrote:

lmh95 wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

I dont know if this is a good idea or not ?

When people are feeling ill, under the weather, a bit down etc we post it on the rant thread more often than not.....mainly because there isnt really anywhere else to post it. I thought a separate thread where people can post if they need support or sympathy might be a good idea. We dont really need or want to rant when we're feeling down so perhaps popping a post on this thread will be useful.

The rant thread can then be used for exactly that, ranting if we're angry about something ?

Just a thought xx

Great idea Terri JJ. This will be a great thread to use for anyone that's feeling sad, lonely, unwanted or down in the dumps for whatever reason. Tea, coffee, juice/water, biscuits, cake and huge hugs for all x
Did you have to mention cake lol. I can't even look at it at the moment lol without being sick lol ๐Ÿ˜ x

Sex Squid wrote:

Well after cleaning out the garden shed and cutting my finger I am now wearing a rather fetching Hello Kitty plaster thanks to my daughter!

Tea and cakes please!

Waitingimpatiently wrote:

Just the thread for me! Lol well I was just feeling a bit sorry for myself as bank holiday weekend is next weekend, which also happens to be my birthday, my 30th birthday, but I'm spending it all alone! My OH won't be here till a few days after, I know we can celebrate then but I just feel a bit sad at the thought of spending my birthday all alone (especially as it's my 30th)
I'd never spent a birthday alone until last year, I've moved far from all my friends/family,an it was miserable! All my friends have done big things to cell the big 3-0 and I don't wanna moan to OH, he feels bad about it hut the situation can't be helped.
I'm just being silly I know, it's only a birthday. I'm probably just hormonal lol

I guess Waitingimpatiently sums it up really. Perhaps you could treat yourself to a nice bottle of wine, a takeaway etc as you're going to be alone on your birthday...perhaps a nice bubble bath too with some pretty candles etc. I'm sure the wait will be worth it when your oh does finally get home.

A Hello Kitty plaster ? lol...that almost makes it worth cutting your finger !! lol

And I have the deepest sympathy for you if you cant eat cake....I'm currently sitting here with a piece of victoria sandwich....hope you soon feel well enough to indulge again.

Hugs to you all xx

Good thread idea. I def don't have the energy to rant!

No tea or cake for me tho please.

Hugely bloated and tired after an op on Friday, went out for a couple of hours with my sis but had to cry off and get my OH to come get me ๐Ÿ˜ข so currently wrapped in a blanket watching crap films and feeling sorry for myself.

Usedworkshoes wrote:

Good thread idea. I def don't have the energy to rant!

No tea or cake for me tho please.

Hugely bloated and tired after an op on Friday, went out for a couple of hours with my sis but had to cry off and get my OH to come get me ๐Ÿ˜ข so currently wrapped in a blanket watching crap films and feeling sorry for myself.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully if you can get some rest you'll be feeling much better soon, sending hugs xx

It a good idea to have a different thread where people cam be sympathetic and supportive ๐Ÿ˜Š
I did a silly thing,I tried getting in touch with my ex girlfriend to see if she wanted to meet up and talk.im sill in the dark about our break up.
She ignored me.
So I thought I would try again so put my heart and soul down in words.so far she has ignored that too.im completely lost without her.
It's been 6 weeks and I miss her every second of the day.
It's been the lovely people here on the forum that have offered support and advice (and the odd interesting thread)to distract me that have helped me ๐Ÿ˜˜

Thank you Lmh95 and Terri JJ ๐Ÿ˜Š v sweet of you ladies. I'll be fine in a few days just not looking forward to work tomorrow but I can't have any more time off ๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Loganlogan I'm so sorry to hear this. Break ups are tough and I know it doesn't always make sense ๐Ÿ˜ข hugs and hopefully you get some clarity soon x

loganlogan wrote:

It a good idea to have a different thread where people cam be sympathetic and supportive ๐Ÿ˜Š
I did a silly thing,I tried getting in touch with my ex girlfriend to see if she wanted to meet up and talk.im sill in the dark about our break up.
She ignored me.
So I thought I would try again so put my heart and soul down in words.so far she has ignored that too.im completely lost without her.
It's been 6 weeks and I miss her every second of the day.
It's been the lovely people here on the forum that have offered support and advice (and the odd interesting thread)to distract me that have helped me ๐Ÿ˜˜

Maybe she's not feeling clear about it at the moment. Perhaps give her a bit more time and space ? It's really hard though when you miss someone that much ......*hugs* xx

Thank to everyone,I've said it before but it amazes that people I don't know would offer advice and support.
I've not spoken to her face to face since before she broke it off.we are both a little shy and don't like confrontation.
we had gone out for a meal and she was quiet,I kept trying to get her to open up about what was bothering her but she just wouldn't tell me.
She told me by text 2days later that she needed space and she couldn't do it any more.ive tried to speak to her,I've tried texting and emails.i love her so much but I'm not sure if going to her home or work for a face to face is going to go well.it will probably just upset her.
I have asked to meet,I've asked to speak,I've asked for some sort of communication but she just won't.
I know a year isn't the longest relationship but I genuinely thought we would be together for the rest of our lives.

Great idea for a thread Terri! The rant thread isn't always the right place to post if you're feeling blue or down and I know people here sometimes feel sad and need the tea and hugs people here offer.

Loganlogan that's so sad ๐Ÿ˜ข I feel so bad for you. Maybe try giving it a few more weeks, by the sounds of it your ex is feeling very upset and confused atm. I don't know how else I can help but chin up ok?

Tea would be lovely. Thank you.

I don't especially like sympathy and I positively dislike tea, if someone would be willing to slap me upside the head and shout "get on with it man" in my ear that would be appreciated. ๐Ÿ‘

Sum Sub wrote:

I don't especially like sympathy and I positively dislike tea, if someone would be willing to slap me upside the head and shout "get on with it man" in my ear that would be appreciated. ๐Ÿ‘

Tea and Pizza then ! ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Sum Sub wrote:

I'm sorry, I charge for those kind of services, Sub. ;)

Ice-cream?