Tea

I have Twininnigs English Breakfast in the morning and then I pick a tea I prefer. I love Keemun and specially Pu Erh, which I drink in the afternoon. Usually without anything, or just bit of whole milk. I make a small kettle of it, like they have in the tea houses and pour it into one of the smaller cups. It makes it more ritual for me to drink it this way, plus it keeps it warmer.

I also love rooibos. I drink that a lot too. Usually without flavour. But the best one I ever had was the one my colleague got me from South Africa. Fingers crossed she brings me some this year too!

1 Like

Never drink tea, the smell makes me want to vomit!

Laveila wrote:

I have Twininnigs English Breakfast in the morning and then I pick a tea I prefer. I love Keemun and specially Pu Erh, which I drink in the afternoon. Usually without anything, or just bit of whole milk. I make a small kettle of it, like they have in the tea houses and pour it into one of the smaller cups. It makes it more ritual for me to drink it this way, plus it keeps it warmer.

I also love rooibos. I drink that a lot too. Usually without flavour. But the best one I ever had was the one my colleague got me from South Africa. Fingers crossed she brings me some this year too!

I do that, too! :D I (or, well, technically it's my sister's, but she left it here) have a small teapot set and I often will make up a pot of a loose leaf tea and pour it into one of the small cups that came with it. I agree with the sentiment that it is more of a ritual that way. :) It's also perfect for when I'm studying.

I also forgot rooibos, which I also love. I've not had it in so long, though. D: I think the last time I drank any was when I went to South Africa, four or five years ago now. Hmmmm, I think it's time to buy a box...

Also, I've never heard of Keemun before. May I ask what it tastes like? :3

1 Like

Another new favourite of mine...Twinings spiced apple and camomile tea. It's so relaxing and christmassy!

My favourite tea drink is a Manchester Fog (sometimes known as a Vancouver Fog, or a vegan London Fog). I used to drink it in my favourite cafe when I lived in Dorset.

But I haven’t had one in ages. Now I just stick to English Breakfast (not fussed on the brand) with lightly sweetened soy milk.

PG tea bags strong with fresh semi-skimmed milk and I don’t mind if it’s brewed in a teapot or mug…and I don’t mind milk first or second

1 Like

Has to be Yorkshire tea for me with a literal splash of milk. It has to resemble fake tan, I really dislike milky tea :joy:

I drink green tea and mint tea a lot too.

I have recently eliminated caffeine for the past few months so at the moment I am only drinking homemade ginger tea sometimes with a little honey.

4 Likes

For normal tea it’s got to be black with sugar, unless it’s an auld wifey making it, in that case it’s however they like to make it, always tends to be the best!
Flavoured teas it has to be mint, spearmint if possible! Teapigs is my personal favourite! How anyone can have milk in flavoured tea baffles my brain!

100% Yorkshire tea. As my Dad would say bricky brew. Strong (show it the milk) one sweetener please!

2 Likes

@PrettyKitty24 Yorkshire tea do a bedtime tea that is decaf x

These days I have green tea with my breakfast (just as it comes - nowt added), and for the rest of the day it’s builder’s with almond milk, no sugar. :tea:

2 Likes

Strong and sweet!

More of a coffee man but if I was to have tea it’d be Yorkshire tea with a little bit of milk, stronger the better

4 Likes

Either Tetley or PG Tips. Tea bag and 1 sugar in mug first then boiling water, good brew then a little milk.

Or

Made in a teapot, tea, boiling water, brewing time (preferred method but only for snobbery, I can’t actually tell the difference as long as properly brewed in mug - think the choice of tea negates the snobbery though :joy:), poured into mug, add 1 sugar, add small amount of milk last.

2 Likes

What I hate is when you go to a coffee shop and order a tea, they then give you a cup of hot water and a tea bag on the side!? Pour the water over the bag folks. Shouldn’t have to do the pathetic bag dunk thing just to resemble something that relates to tea!

3 Likes

Yes… and then charge you a fortune for it to pay for the very expensive coffee machines :rofl:

1 Like

I get my leaf tea from Forleaves online. I drink Assam, Keemun, Ceylon and Golden Yunnan but I also love the Malty Biscuit Yorkshire Tea. It tastes as if you’ve dunked Malted Milk biscuits in there but without the gunge at the end.

1 Like

Okay… a little poll if you all don’t mind, please have a look here and let’s find out Lovehoney’s preferred strength of tea…

…hopefully not too much controversy! :joy:

2 Likes

I’m somewhere between 2 and 3 I think :joy: 6 is just a straight up cup of milk!

4 Likes

Lattea

2 Likes