Tea

I must admit, when people say white tea, I actually thin of white tea (it's like green tea). Which actually I prefer to green tea as it's smoother and sweeter and can be brew longer.

For all the yorkshire tea fans? Do you like the standard better, the hard water, or the gold? Plus also would you prefer the lose leaf or bagged?

I know the lose leaf can be brewed longer.

I often get the hard water one here or the gold. Annoyingly the water is too hard here and even when using a bitra filter it can affect the taste of the tea (Am I the only one? hard verse soft water? and limescale in the kettle is a deffo no-no).

Oh my goodness, tea! :D I love tea sooo much~ <3

When I drink regular tea (not entirely sure what kind it is because my mum buys the teabags), I only have it with milk - though I do like my tea fairly milky, but that's to reduce the temperature of it more than anything else.

But I love so many other teas, and I adore trying new ones too. For example, I was introduced to Lapsang Souchong relatively recently and I love it so much! I also really like jasmine tea, green teas, oolong, rose black tea, ceylon, darjeeling, assam...

And then there's peppermint tea, cinnamon tea, etc. etc. :3

The only ones I don't particularly like are the fruit teas you get - I can drink them but I always find them a disappointment. They smell so nice and fruity when they're brewing, but they never taste anything like they smell. And that always makes me sad. :(

1 Like

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Candied Citrus wrote:

And then there's peppermint tea, cinnamon tea, etc. etc. :3

Ooooh! I am addicted to cinnamon! One of my favourite smells in the whole world! Never seen a cinnamon tea though, and never thought about it. Might have to try and find some!

I love cinnamon, too - it's a wonderful scent and flavour. And I think I found it in Holland & Barrett (I'd imagine it'd be easily found in a shop similar to H&B anyway). The one I have has a very light taste: it's cinnamon-y but not overpoweringly so. It's not really a tea that you can overbrew, or at least that's what I've found with the tea I bought.

It's really nice, though. And if you like cinnamon, I'd definitely recommend it. :)

1 Like

No quote button but I echo nearly exactly what you said AA

"I love a cuppa tea!
I can't stand coffee, though I can tolerate the smell of nice coffee as it is brewing!
I usually stick to Tetley's as I prefer it to other labels I've tried. I like English Breakfast (it's essentially what Tetley's is, but I like something actually labelled English Breakfast from time to time.)
Milk and two sugars and about medium-strong strength."

I NEED tea to start me off in the day. Not tried many as just in a habit of buying Tetley but basic strong breakfast tea with milk and 2 sugars/sweetener is what I go for. Im really funny about how its made though.
Water must go in first with the teabag, give it a good squeeze then out, adding sugar/sweetener next before the milk. Its just never the same any other way and don't dare put the sugar and milk in before the water!! That drives me crazy lol ;)

1 Like

Half a cup of boiling water, two dips of a Yorkshire tea bag and topped up with cold water. No milk or sugar.
That's heaven for me
Keemun tea isn't bad or freshly brewed green tea and I do make peppermint tea for a bad headache

Much prefer three shot flat white coffee though, mmmmm think I will go and make one now

AA I sometimes use the lemon method to de-limescale a kettle.
Yeah white tea is very different to green. Happy to send you a sample of some next week if I have some spare, although I only have loose in right now.

I must admit, I'm proud that my kettle has lasted 9 years. It was purchased for me by a lover and cost around £90 o_o but it is a de'longhi. I think my mum normally gets through one under £20 kettle a year - crazy.

Oh lovely ^_^ I have a well brewed yorkshire tea this morning \^_^/

Ron Burgundy wrote:

I like barrys tea, its associated with cork where im from. I drink it black no sugar. Think I'll have some right now.

That's it Ron.... start the old Barrys vs Lyons debate......

Lovehoney - Nicole wrote:

I know I deserve to have my Irish passport revoked for this, but I don't drink tea. I just hate milk and think black tea is the worst thing in the world.

However, I do love fruit, herbal and green teas. My favourite at the moment is Chocolate Mint - it's so perfect for this time of year!

I shall be onto the passport office when they open this morning after their morning cup of Barrys and start working.... it'll probably be about 11

Has any company tried to make an english breakfast tea lube? I know white and green tea is in some, but just wondering if normal tea had been made into a flavoured version. Although if I'm honest I doubt it'd work, I'm just curious.

I like my tea warm, strong, white and large in the largest mug possible. No sugar but I like to dunk a ginger nut.
Tea with my best friend is the best though. :-)

Just normal tea milky for me with no sugar :P

Jasmin or Earl Grey, with a quarter t spoon of honey!

myghost, do Twinnings not still do one? I find they always put enchinacea in with blackcurrant, and I just can't get on board with that at all.

i haven't seen any where sell just plain Blackcurrant for years i'm not too fussed though as i prefer coffee if i'm having anything hot to drink

Freshly boiled water, ideally made in a pot, not too strong and not too much milk, served in a china cup or mug Definitely no sugar. Not too fussy about the brand.

Also like green tea with lemon. Lemon and ginger is good, especially when I have a cold, and peppermint tea for digestion.

Not fond of the red herbal ones; they look and smell better than they taste in my view.

1 Like

French Fancy wrote:

Jasmin or Earl Grey, with a quarter t spoon of honey!

Oh man, I forgot Earl grey - that's another favourite of mine!

Actually, I think every tea that I like vies for a place among my favourites. My favourite teas are numerous. ^^;

1 Like

Ron Burgundy wrote:

I like barrys tea, its associated with cork where im from. I drink it black no sugar. Think I'll have some right now.

I grew up in a Barry's lose tea house!

I was very shocked the first time I found my mother using tea bags!

As for me, I love tea but it has to be clipper fair trade. A good splosh of milk and one small sugar. Delicious.

Don_Don wrote:

I know I deserve to have my Irish passport revoked for this, but I don't drink tea. I just hate milk and think black tea is the worst thing in the world.

However, I do love fruit, herbal and green teas. My favourite at the moment is Chocolate Mint - it's so perfect for this time of year!

I shall be onto the passport office when they open this morning after their morning cup of Barrys and start working.... it'll probably be about 11

My smilies aren't working but it's a thumbs up from me.

i like peppermint when I have an upset stomach

standard english breakfast other times

or a nice earl grey (with milk) if I fancy something more delicate

In the summer I usually have Iced tea that I make at home (to avoid loads of sugar)

Yep, Tetley for me too, just milk no sugar. I tried to get into drinking green tea a while ago but didn't really enjoy it and soon reverted back to what I call normal tea !

Don_Don wrote:

Ron Burgundy wrote:

That's it Ron.... start the old Barrys vs Lyons debate......

Ha ha, that wasnt intentional. Any way everyone knows barrys is the best. Im more of a coffee drinker but sometimes tea just hits the spot.