Testers - Is it OK to talk about them?

I see this question get asked a lot and I don't think there has been a definitive answer, so perhaps maybe one of the wonderful LH staff could confirm just for our peace of mind.

When it comes to testers on the Sex Toy Tester list, as they are public testers and are available for purchase, I don't see there being anything wrong with talking about it, even if it's just to say what you've been sent. The same for the testers that you ask for in the forum (products NOT on sale, but we know what it is that is being tested).

Testers that are not on the list, must not be disclosed until such a time the product is available for sale. I admit on ocassion I may have said that i've been sent a secret tester, but haven't said what it is. This is probably not a good idea, and if that is against the testing rules, then accept my apologies now and it won't happen again.

So Cazz, Jess - where do we stand on talking about tester products?

Hey David,

We are just off for lunch, but will get back to you shortly after!

Cazz :)

as a new tester id love to know this one

keeping my mouth shut is hard lol!

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

Hey David,

We are just off for lunch, but will get back to you shortly after!

Cazz :)

Enjoy! Hope it's something nice :P

Can I come Cazz? Xx

Personally David I understand the excitement of getting a tester but I don't think it's great for those who didn't get one to hear how thrilled you are. I always try to be discreet when I'm chosen to test.

It's really difficult,especially if you are a newbie..

I get that subby but theres opportunities all the time so just coz you miss one you could get the next one

I just posted on the good morning thread about this question. I said this:

'I think it's ok to talk about testers that are available on the general tester list. It's only the 'secret testers' that are not yet available to buy, or are brand new, that you are not allowed to discuss. You would know though, as Cazz would tell you in your e-mail to keep it 'top secret'

Not sure if I was right or not though now - apologies if I got it wrong - lol xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

I just posted on the good morning thread about this question. I said this:

'I think it's ok to talk about testers that are available on the general tester list. It's only the 'secret testers' that are not yet available to buy, or are brand new, that you are not allowed to discuss. You would know though, as Cazz would tell you in your e-mail to keep it 'top secret'

Not sure if I was right or not though now - apologies if I got it wrong - lol xx

That's why I wanted to check because that's what I have always thought! :) xx

Oh i want to know about this too.

Hey y'all

The general rule of thumb when it comes to review products is as follows:

Products on the List - If the product is already 'live' and for sale on our website, then please feel free to shout about what you got anywhere online. There is no limitation to how much you can talk about it, or how much detail you want to give.

Products NOT on the List - If the product you've been sent isn't 'live' on Lovehoney yet, then please don't shout about what you've been sent.
We're more than happy for you to say you've been sent something, but please don't reveal details like the brand name or exact product description until we've decided whether we're going to stock the item or not. We like to keep upcoming products under wraps until they go live, to stop pesky competitors from messing up our launch dates by launching the same product just before us.

You'll notice that when we add non-live products for testing to the forum threads, we almost never mention brand names or code numbers. This is intentional (for all the same reasons as above). So when you receive a product from the forum, please don't come online and give away all the extra information you might now have from the packaging. For example, the 'Open Fronted Babydoll with Thong (Black)' which we sent you might well be made by 'Dreamgirl', but if we haven't announced that yet, please keep it to yourself :P

Top Secret Testing - In some cases we may send you a top secret prototype for a brand new Lovehoney own brand product. In these instances it's imperative that you say absolutely nothing at all.

These reviews are usually of products which we're thinking about manufacturing, but may not go into production for a year or more (or sometimes, ever!). We usually ask for reviews on these products so we can tweak the design and get it perfect before mass producing.
We always let you know if you're testing a top secret product, so pay close attention to your tester emails ;)

Does that answer your question?

perfectly jess ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) thankyou

Thanks,Jess.Very useful information.

Thank you very much Jess :)

I thought that was the case, but it's best to make sure!

Much appreciated! Xx

Thanks Jess. This helps a lot. :)

Yes Thx jess.
As a relative newbie on this site... And I have my first tester email.. Product already on the site for sale.
It made my birthday this morning to get a tester mail.
Looking g forward to test it out soon😉

Thanks alot Jess, I thought that was right but it's good to definitely know. :) x

Thanks for taking the time to clarify everything Jess, it makes a lot of sense. I'm pleased I hadn't got it wrong - lol :) xx

im with sum sub i tend to keep it under my hat,