Thank You

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry this thread is so late. I've had a lot going on, but that's no excuse.

I recently posted a thread asking for advice as to how to tell the girl I adored about my scars. I got a lot of truly heart-wrenching advice, voicing a level of support, undestandign and kindness I never would have thought would have been precidented for me. Thank you so much for that.

It didn't work out for us. But I'm grateful for all the advice and support. Eh, it wasn't meant to be.

You're all incredible, and you made a terrifying situation seem a little less grim. Thank you.

*high five*
👋

So sorry to that things didn't work out for you this time :( You'll find the right person. I'm a firm believer that there is someone out there for all of us. Sending hugs xx

Sorry to hear things didn't work out hun.

So sorry to hear it did not work out, but much love and happiness for you <3

Thank you, but there's no need to be sorry about it. I'm not. She was... lets say, not too accepting of them. A lot of things were said. A lot of triggering, horrible, things that I don't think I can get past. I am ashamed at how badly I misjudged her character. I thought she cared about me. Hurt like hell, but overall, I'm happier to have found out now that she finds me weak and disgusting than far later when more had been invested.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that she reacted that way :( I remember reading and responding to your thread, I also have a lot of self harm scars so I could relate to it pretty well, and I would have been horrified to have my SO react like that! I can only imagine how horrible that was for you.

I reiterate what I said to you then. None of those scars you described would have bothered me at all, and I'm sure there are lots of women out there who feel the same. If you were my partner and I loved and cared for you, there would be no amount of scars or disfigurements that could change that. That's the difference between finding someone worthy of loving, and someone shallow and undeserving. You seem to have accepted that fact, and that's probably for the best.

As others have said, there will be better partners out there for you. As difficult as it is, try not to let this experience set you back because there is so much more to you as a person than your scars, and anyone with half a brain will see that. I am just sorry if this has made you feel even less confident in the future :(

Take care x

What an awful reaction. Weak and disgusting. Sorry, but the only disgusting person is her for that attitude! What a delicate flower she must be to be disgusted by a scar...

For what it's worth, I wouldn't have been put off by the scars you described either. I said it back then and I'll say it again, they're a sign of you strength in overcoming everything you have done. Not weakness, and certainly not anything repulsive.

I'm so sorry she turned out to be so different to how you thought she was. It's quite shocking to hear just how crappy she was about it so I'm sure it was absolutely awful for you to have to listen to it. But it's her who is the problem, not you. Please don't let one ignorant so and so drag you down, you can't help some people I suppose :/

Hope you're okay <3

Thank you all so much :) I won't pretend it didn't hurt like hell. In fact, it almost triggered a relapse. But in general, I'm happy ('happy') I found out sooner rather than later. My biggest fear now is her gossipping.

But it's done, and thank you all for being there. You have no idea how much it meant to me.

I'm so sorry to hear she reacted in such a way, completely her problem and not yours. Hope you can move on and find someone who will respect you and treat you well xx