I've told him

I'll keep this brief as I've rambled on here enough lately.

I showed other half my thread and your replies last night. I thought if I left it I may never pluck up the courage and as I was in such a state anyway after yesterday I figured it couldn't get much worse. He is being brilliant about the whole thing - think he's glad that he finally knows - he knew something had happened but he didn't know what. He's going to start coming to therapy with me - he wants to find out exactly how this is affecting me and what he can do to help me cope .

Thank you to everyone who, over the last couple of days, has put up with my bleating and hysteria. Each and every one of you has been amazing and with your help, support and advice I, for the first time ever, feel as though I may be getting somewhere with all of this xxxxx

It really sounds like you are moving forward and putting this behind you. Well done! It is very hard to come to terms with things like this. It takes a strong person with good support.

Huge congratulations Terri, it may not be over yet but you've made huge progress in the last couple of days. You've honestly done so well! Glad your OH is being so supportive, wishing you all the luck with your therapy <3

I know how hard that must have been for you Terri. I'm so pleased that you are now going to get the love and support that you deserve. Keep strong Sweetheart, this is a huge step, but I know you will feel so much better for it, and remember we are always here for you ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif) xxxx

I wish I had the words to convey my respect and support for you and what you've done over the last few days, but my English is simply not rich enough. 'Bleating and Hysteria' it certainly was not.

I wish you all the best. God knows a strong, amazing woman like you deserves nothing less.

👍🏼 this is brilliant x

I'm so pleased to hear this Terri :) sounds like you're making excellent progress, and hopefully now with your OH by your side things might get a little easier. All the best my love xxx

The original thread was deleted before I could comment, but it's so heartbreaking to see so many people have been through this kind of abuse. I'm glad you've told your husband, of course he'll support you, and now that he knows, I hope you can move forward and get some closure from that terrible chapter of your life. I can't believe you've dealt with that on your own for so long. Just shows how strong you really are, even if you don't feel it all the time x

Terri, feel so happy that your man has been so supportive and will accompany you in future. Onwards and upwards plus you have your family around you just now. You brave lady. Love and huge hugs. XX

A true partner will always offer support.I never had any doubts with you partner.Hes a good man and I am sure he will help with your recovery.

Take care and good luck.

Hi Terri

I read your original thread but just couldn't find the right words to reply. You have taken the hardest step now and hopefully you can start to heal and move on slowly and surely. Massive hugs to you brave lady. xxx

Terri...you are a brave strong woman... And opening up to your husband is the biggest step towards healing in some way. Well done.
I had to be honest with my new man about some of the things my ex did and what had happened in my life after leaving him ...which resulted in my kids ending up when th my abusive ex...( looooog story!)
After telling him...I got even more support and love and talk about moving on together to be a true couple. Far from chasing him off..it made us closer and even more determined to make our lives become one.
Keep the channels open..but don't expect to solve it in one go...this is a start...and you will get through it together.😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Hi Terri, I never got to read your original thread and I'm sorry I missed it, but I got the gist from around the forums that you were sexually assaulted as young child, and posted about it here. (Sorry if that is wrong!)

I feel that you are such a strong woman to be coming to terms with this, and to be going through therapy. I admire you for your steadfast bravery and being adamant on not giving up. I also want to say that your OH sounds like such a supportive partner and I'd give you both hugs if I could. Well done on being so brave and don't worry, we find your posts not hysterical or "bleety" (sp?) and we're always here to try and help. We'll always listen and give support and encouragement. Good luck with your therapy and I can't stress enough how much I admire you and think of your courage to help me in dark times. Thank you x

Congrats, Terri! I'm glad that he is supporting you.
You're really moving forward. And to see you're doing it together makes my heart melt. I'm so glad! X

Huge hugs! So proud you could make that step. And so pleased your OH is supportive.

Hi Terri

Well done for having the guts to tell your OH. I know how hard that is to do, but you are very lucky to have found somebody that not only wants to accept you for your past, but also wants to help you get through it.

Giving you a massive hug, and good luck for your journey ahead xxx

Terri JJ wrote:

I'll keep this brief as I've rambled on here enough lately.

I showed other half my thread and your replies last night. I thought if I left it I may never pluck up the courage and as I was in such a state anyway after yesterday I figured it couldn't get much worse. He is being brilliant about the whole thing - think he's glad that he finally knows - he knew something had happened but he didn't know what. He's going to start coming to therapy with me - he wants to find out exactly how this is affecting me and what he can do to help me cope .

Thank you to everyone who, over the last couple of days, has put up with my bleating and hysteria. Each and every one of you has been amazing and with your help, support and advice I, for the first time ever, feel as though I may be getting somewhere with all of this xxxxx

I am delighted for you you have courage and derserve much happiness and love from now on hugs.

Can I say a thank you to the lh staff..who had to stick to their forum posting rules....but still are human enough to realise that this particular thread was not only an important " coming out" over something that was horrific and life scarring, and was an important part of Terri's coming to terms with it.
I am glad they were able to send her a copy of all the responses to allow Terri to use our moral support to move her to open up such a painful experience to her husband.
Without that..I doubt Terri would have had the courage to go through it again.
Thank you again

Very brave Hun, good luck. X

naughty mum wrote:

Can I say a thank you to the lh staff..who had to stick to their forum posting rules....but still are human enough to realise that this particular thread was not only an important " coming out" over something that was horrific and life scarring, and was an important part of Terri's coming to terms with it.
I am glad they were able to send her a copy of all the responses to allow Terri to use our moral support to move her to open up such a painful experience to her husband.
Without that..I doubt Terri would have had the courage to go through it again.
Thank you again

+1 to all of this :)

Jess needs to be praised through the roof. She corresponded with me via email for most of yesterday and was just so incredibly kind and and supportive - she sent the copy of that thread and posts even though I told her not to worry. If she hadn't done that . . . . . . well, I think I would have just buried the whole thing deeper and probably suffered even more. The fact that she'd made all this effort to help me makes me feel like I'll be forever in her debt - there's nothing I can ever do to repay her. She's truly lovely person :)

Lovehoney is not just an online sexual shopping site and the forum isn't just a forum. Lovehoney is a community that pulls together when times are tough. We support each other when needed - but we can also laugh, offer advice and have a damn good giggle at times too.

We should all be proud of ourselves for making this a great place to be xx