Thanks Lovehoney moderators.

I think your very difficult job is overlooked far too often.

I have noticed that over weekends there tends to more and more forum posts that are advertising competitors, posting inappropriate content, inappropriate avatars and such like. The moderators work very hard and these posts are removed very quickly.

It is important to me that people get the recognition they deserve.

I know that sometimes our personal avatars are removed and we don't always know why. But we are always given an explanation, and if they are ok they are reinstated. It must be a very difficult job.

Thanks to all the moderators our forum remains a safe fun place to chat.

+1 to that ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

Agreed there, nice one guys and gals :)

Aww - well ain't that just bloomin' lovely?! 

Thanks Fun Louise. It's nice to know I work hasn't gone by unnoticed!

Thanks for a smashing start to this gloomy Monday morning! ^_^

Couldn't agree more thank you love honey mods x

Totally agree Louise - Comparing the LH forums to some other community forums I think everyone involved here does an amazing job. So many forms end up littered with advertising posts and various spam content but here they seem to do a very good job of keeping it at bay.
Well done all :-)

+1, a great post fun louise!

I have noticed more of these posts are appearing at the weekends. Only for Jess have to have to sort them out Monday morning. Excellent work by lovehoney team

Yeah nice one.

Big +1, always appreciate the good work! :)

Amen, Fun Louise.

Yay thumbs up and all that, but I must say the service at the weekend is definitely second perhaps even third rate.
I realise that the office staff aren't in at the weekend, but I reported one especially concerning image yesterday to live chat, who told me they knew about the image. Well why haven't you taken it down then? I don't understand why, out of hours, live chat don't have the power to do something immediately, even if not permanently.

Sum Sub wrote:

Yay thumbs up and all that, but I must say the service at the weekend is definitely second perhaps even third rate.
I realise that the office staff aren't in at the weekend, but I reported one especially concerning image yesterday to live chat, who told me they knew about the image. Well why haven't you taken it down then? I don't understand why, out of hours, live chat don't have the power to do something immediately, even if not permanently.

Fun Louise wrote:

I think your very difficult job is overlooked far too often.

I have noticed that over weekends there tends to more and more forum posts that are advertising competitors, posting inappropriate content, inappropriate avatars and such like. The moderators work very hard and these posts are removed very quickly.

It is important to me that people get the recognition they deserve.

I know that sometimes our personal avatars are removed and we don't always know why. But we are always given an explanation, and if they are ok they are reinstated. It must be a very difficult job.

Thanks to all the moderators our forum remains a safe fun place to chat.

+1 to both of these xxx

Well I was not around this weekend so I guess I am glad I didn't see it... but i do stick around here because it is a well moderated forum. Thanks Lovehoney.

+1

Sum Sub wrote:

Hi Sum Sub

The reason is that forum moderation is limited to forum moderators only - Customer Care do not have access to be able to remove unwanted images or posts from the forum.

Historically, all members of staff could get involved to help moderate, but with so many members of staff and forum users now, it's just too big to have everyone have access. 

Forum moderation is about more than simply removing unwanted content. Each time we take action, we need to send a warning email to the rule breaking forum member, and keep a record of it so we know when they've had three warnings and should be suspended. If every Tom, Dick and Harry had access it would be near impossible to keep track of and make it very difficult for us to keep our moderation fair. 

By limiting it to just me and Cazz (who work Mon-Fri) we know exactly what the forum is up to between just the two of us and nothing gets lost. 

I think if leaving an unwanted image or post on the site for an extra day to two means we can provide better, more consistent moderation for you guys and gals, it's a fair trade off. 

Makes sense Jess -- I do find myself on here at lot less over the weekends due to schedule of other activities so I tend to miss the "worst" of it anyway. I am sure there were people reporting it so you could take action this morning. Cheers to a drama free week!

Thanks for the reply Jess, lovehoney have obvs made the decision they feel best, and I suppose it's my own fault as i knew that thread was trouble before I even opened it, and I know as well as others that the forum is essentially unmoderated at weekends, luckily I have my regular post trauma support counselling tomorrow do hopefully I'll be able to file the image after that.👍

Definitely! A few years back, I was a moderator on one forum for people who felt they had troubles they couldn't solve on their own - in theory, other members were there to give them a bit of advice and support. I guess you can imagine what did some people (who were obviously either incredibly bored and stupid, or downright sick) come up with... incest, other disgusting sex things, drinking of blood and urine, plans to murder someone... just creepy. I actually wish I could forget some threads and posts. Knowing what this is like, I really admire Jess and Cazz - even though their job may sound like an easy one to many, it is actually pretty difficult.![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

+1 👍