The amount of chancers wtf!

So I've been here a few months now and something has been niggling at me!
Sooo many times when people introduce themselves they presume this is some sort of hook up joint. I am extremely wary when replying because there's people out there who just want to complain about their loveless marriage, looking for hook-ups, my OHs not kinky enough, which turned out to be another looking for hook-ups.
People completely misunderstood the idea of the forums. I'm not going to slate these people for not reading the rules, as I myself made that mistake and was a serial thread starter when I first joined. Lol! My mistake though, I struggled to find my way around at first.
So I'm wondering others views on this? Is there anything we can do to inform people before the"hook-up" etc posts arise?

+1

I'm likely going to be slaughtered for my thread. Lol! But in all fairness I'm only speaking the truth. The forums are a great place, I absolutely love it here. It's just ashame that people seem to misunderstand the site.

Nope, the big old link to the rules should be information enough but some people just plough straight on through and bang out a thread before they know what's what.

I don't really find it a problem though. The rules will be pointed out to them, they'll either clear out or reign it in and become a regular member. No big deal, we all make mistakes :)

What bugs me is when people know they're breaking rules (or at least coming close) but they carry on. Bit disrespectful. But new people, meh. You got to learn somehow!

It's the constant stream of "duplicate" threads that get me annoyed. A quick search would avert this.

+1
X

TBH when people place themselves on the introduction section and I think their post is" hookup ish" I kindly advise them to read the forum rules about hook ups and the fact that they are not allowed.

The Forum rules are easy to find and you can click on Lovehoney Forum Rules just at the right of you in the deep blue box as you do a reply.

+1

I think they get spotted prity quickly by the moderators and there gone

Or

Jess pushes the button boooom and there Willy falls off

nodrog wrote:

Or

Smetimes they are a bit cryptic and not always obvious., which often puzzles me really as, how they expect a hook up if its not obvious that they want one in the first place? ( scratching head0 But you are right when they are spotted.

Haha boom willy falls off 😂😂😂😂😂

nodrog wrote:

Or

If only that button existed.

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

nodrog wrote:

Or

If only that button existed.

Hehe!! :L

X

I am not playing the sexist card here but they arn't always guys :)

There's a button that makes the pussy heal up jess knows which one to push

+1 on that

Just inform them that they are breaking the rules or simple report them.

I do agree but on the whole this is a good place and some good treads. Yeah there are people who initially misunderstand but they soon disappear.
Most forums are the same there are always people who want to troll and break the rules, unfortunately there are always people like this, but fortunately they are in the minority.

It's the ones repeatedly push the boundaries that bother me, constantly being over descriptive or using vulgar words or using dis respective nick names or turning threads into private flirting sessions, newbies and duplicate threads don't really bother me though

Just flicking back through here. I generally leave it, most the time someone has already pointed out the rules, but aye, it's definitely the best approach.
There are some good valid points mentioned above, I also agree about constantly pushing the boundaries the dis respectful nicknames is the worst, there's no need for it. I'm not sure people realise the damage that does to some folks.

I was really unsure of coming on here, as I don't generally like community sites, as they way exceed ought I've seen here. I tried fb that didn't suit me, tried twitter but nope, lots of bullying I couldn't bear it, nought worse than a keyboard warrior!

I'm still loving it here, I think it's because it's ran extremely well. The rules are pointed out. I bet the forums take some amount of graft to moderate. Then again from what I've seen these past few months the majority of people are lovely.