The Lounge

Some other ones:

The Piss Glossary

To take a piss To urinate
To take the piss To mock. Can be friendly, can also be aggressive. Watch for tone, and level of friendship.
Also, to take advantage excessively
“Are you taking the piss?!” / “Is this a piss-take?!” See above. Also an exclamation of disbelief
To ‘rip the piss’ out of someone /something To take the piss mercilessly
Pissing it down Raining heavily
Pissing in the wind Wasting one’s time attempting the impossible
Piss-sticks General exclamation. Similar to ‘Crikey!’
Pissing Hell! Stronger exclamation. Similar to “Chuffing Nora!”
Pissing about Mucking around
Piss artist Drunkard. Or someone who pisses about
Pisshole Urethral opening. Eg. “That piss was so hot. It really burnt my pisshole!”
Pisser Lavatory/urinal (alt. ‘shitter’)
Pisspot Miserable person. Also a pot that you can piss in
“I ain’t got a pot to piss in” Impoverished.
Piss poor Very bad quality. Can also mean impoverished
Pissed Intoxicated
Piss up An occasion when a lot of alcohol is drunk
On the piss A bout of extended alcohol consumption
Pisshead Antisocial habitual drinker
Can of Piss Useless person. Or cheap lager
Pissed off Annoyed, irked
Piss off! “Go away” or “Shut up”
Pissy Ill-tempered, sour.
Bucket of piss Mood killer. Like a wet blanket, but with a sloshing bucket of piss (though in some circles this is considered a jolly good Wednesday :slightly_smiling_face:)
To piss on someone’s cornflakes (or chips) To ruin someone’s exuberance/excitement.
Pissflaps Labia
Piss bottle Bottle for pissing in when the toilet is just too far
Lanky streak of piss Derogatory. Very tall and thin person.
Pissant A contemptible person or thing
Piss pad Disposable absorbant incontinence towel
Piss wet-through Drenched, soaking
Piss stain Insult. Worthless twat
“Eyes like piss holes in the snow” Tired, sunken eyes. Look like shit. Esp. From getting pissed
Piss your pants /piss yourself Find something hilarious. Or be very scared. Or physically urinate in your underwear
“Don’t piss your pants/yourself” “Don’t freak out/be scared”
“All piss and vinegar” Riled up, aggressive (though I thought it meant ‘full of spite’. We’re all learning something here :slightly_smiling_face:)
“They’re full of piss and air” Flaky, unreliable
“Wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire” To have a strong dislike for someone
“That makes my piss fizz!!/That really boils my piss!!” “That makes me very angry!”
“Don’t piss on my face and tell me it’s raining” “Don’t pretend that your behaviour towards me is something less than it is”
To piss your money away Squander your money on frivolities
Piss all over Defeat with ease
Piece of piss Very easy
Pièce de résistance The stand-out feature/element. Not actually piss related.

I’m sure there’s more. Shout out and I’ll add them in. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I thought the topics were going to get deleted, so asked for the posts to be moved here. Turns out @anon8189768 went the ‘anonymise’ route instead, so they would have been safe anyhoo. :slightly_smiling_face:

(and I’ve added your suggestion to the list :+1:)

1 Like

I found one I’d never heard of until today!

AUSTRALIAN
alcoholic drink, especially beer.

“we’ll need 70 cans of piss for the trip”

2 Likes

Apparrantly, according to the internet, REM nearly called themselves Cans of Piss. :slightly_smiling_face:

Part of me wishes they’d gone with that title :joy:

1 Like

“Next up we have the 90s classic Everybody Hurts by Cans of Piss” :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I once heard an explanation of the (supposed) origin of the term “to take the piss”. I say “supposed” because life is full of such plausible, rather quaint sounding stories which, on fuller investigation, turn out to be modern inventions made up out of bits of historical fact, so I’d advise everyone to take this one with a pinch of salt(petre).

Britain needed saltpetre in order to make gunpowder. The most available source from which it could be derived was urine. When need was especially great (i.e. during war), city dwellers were encouraged not to empty their chamber pots out of the window as per usual but to have the urine collected by the poor, who were paid a pittance per gallon for their gleanings (they were literally “piss poor”). The urine from London’s population was put into old sherry barrels and sailed up the UK coast to the North East, where the gunpowder factories were.

So far, this much is true. Now for the potentially fanciful bit…
Understandably, transporting stale urine was not considered a very salubrious business to be in - certainly not the sort of thing a sailor would boast about when trying to chat someone up in the pub etc., so when asked what cargo they carried, a crewman might say “Sherry” - after all, that’s what it said on the outside of the barrels, right? …to which those in the know would reply “Don’t believe him, love - he’s just taking the piss.” :rofl:

1 Like

I read a similar thing regarding using urine for tanning leather, you pissed in a pot and it was collected for cash, hence some people being SO poor they didn’t even have a pot to piss in!

2 Likes

Piece of piss : very easy
Piss and air. As in " they are all piss and air’ Someone who will never do what they say they are going to.

1 Like

Long but beautiful reply @anon8189768
Massive well done on being clean for 3-4 weeks along with opening up to us here about your struggles as know it can be hard to talk about for some but made easier when talking to complete random people with shared interests.

Quite admirable in my books and wishing you all the best in your future progress :relieved:

1 Like

@anon8189768 - Thank you for being there for me during such a difficult time. You have helped me more than you know! You’re a good guy, keep your head up and keep working at your goals. I pray you work things out, I can tell by all your past posts that you dearly love your wife. Best wishes my friend!! :blush:

@anon8189768 have you tried getting professional help? There are ways of undoing all types of compulsive and addictive behaviours, but you need to first understand and then address the drivers in your psyche that cause and perpetuate them, otherwise the pattern only repeats and repeats, or pops up in another guise (like Whack-A-Mole).
If you’re noticing this cycle in your own life, please know that’s it’s not due to a lack of willpower. It can be difficult to see where we need to do the work on ourselves. You just might need a bit of assistance.
Take care, friend,

2 Likes

My migraine has won the battle today.
Just wanted to say goodnight to you all, so friendly and welcoming as ever!

Have a sexy Saturday night and a super sexy Sunday!

:heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

10 Likes

So sorry to hear you’re under the hammer, @Delightful87 Hope you can get some zzzzzzzs.

:sleeping_bed:

1 Like

Hope you feel better after a sleep :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Get well soon! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I really hope you feel better soon @Delightful87, sleep tight :slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Hopefully you will feel a bit better tomorrow @Delightful87.

As a fellow migraine sufferer I know how utterly crap they can make you feel :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yikes my mum gets bad migraines and can knock her out for days! Hope yours feels better come morning :grimacing:

2 Likes

Morning all :heart:

Thanks for all the LH love last night :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: migraine has reduced to a wonderful full ache today. Which is MUCH appreciated! Luckily I took the good drugs at the right time this episode- usually not that lucky. Especially as I don’t like taking potions and pills :woman_facepalming:t2::roll_eyes:

My husband says he knows a good cure for a headache…can’t think what he means?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hope you’re all having a good Sunday x

4 Likes