The Lounge

Maybe we could combine the two! :rofl:

2 Likes

Could someone please give me a breaker in :uk: UK Special Offers, Top Sale Picks and DOTD? :pray:

Thank you @PKH :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Good Morning (or what ever time of day it is where ever you are) How are you all ? :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Morning @Latex73! :wave: Getting over a cold but other than that I’m good thanks. Enjoying a croissant and a cup of tea in the conservatory while we still have a bit of sun :sun_with_face: :teapot::croissant: How are you?

1 Like

Good thanks been out off roading today just arrived back home now having a coffee and a chill ! :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Been there done that

1 Like

Husband isn’t in a good way. Yesterday, he found out his workplace has been lying to him and everyone in his team for 9 months. In person, to their face lies. No interpretation issues, they knew what they were doing. Way to pull the rug out from under a whole team. :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @KinkyMira :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, it’s so annoying. I asked specific questions to administrators in front of all my work colleagues, and we were given assurances that like your husband’s case, couldn’t be misinterpreted. Four days later they closed us down with no notice. But they left that to our management, as they didn’y have the guts to do it themselves and be called out on their blatant lies.

Well, this time wasn’t about redundancy, but was about certain other assurances that were given. Then yesterday, the director let it slip that one of them wasn’t true, realised, tried to cover, but my husband went in for the kill and had it eventually confirmed they were all lies, in front of a number of the team. You can guess how well that went down. All good will went out of the window right then.

2 Likes

I am breaking a promise to myself here. after I received some bad comments last week I was no longer going to post anything but felt so strongly I had to say I hope everything turns out ok @KinkyMira and i’m sorry hubby going through things. I think we can all say we are thinking o you all.

3 Likes

@KinkyMira Sorry to hear that, I know the feeling happened to me we all knew the business was in trouble but was constantly told every is fine its being dealt with. Then one afternoon we were all called into the office and told to go home we were even told everything will return to normal soon, such a lie they lost millions we didn’t even get our wages even though they said its all in hand.

2 Likes

Glad to hear from you both @steve19 and @teacake and thanks for your thoughts and wishes.

Husband is quite chipper this morning and updating his CV. On work time. He seems in a decent mood today, but determined to get out I think.

4 Likes

I promised a few weeks ago I’d write up how we solve an Only Connect wall. This is one from last week.

[Older] [Brabin] [Genius] [Khan]
[Freedom] [Burgen] [Burnham] [Jet]
[Faith] [Street] [Cage] [Outside]
[Kingsmill] [Mothers Pride] [Hovis] [Prize]

So, the first thing that jumps out is Kingsmill, Mothers Pride and Hovis being bread brands. But this is Only Connect, so if all 3 were in the same group, they wouldn’t be in a row. So we are looking for 2 more bread brands, and the ones that jumped out were Burgen and Genius. It also means that either Kingsmill, Mothers Pride or Hovis belongs in a different group.

Next, the fighters jumped out. Freedom, Jet, Cage, Prize and Street can all have “Fighter” after them. So one of those belongs elsewhere.

We spotted Freedom and Faith were George Michael songs, but got distracted by looking for a word one (eg, change a letter, add a letter etc) when my husband shouted out “Oh, er Mayors. Andy Burnham, Tracy Brabin, Sadiq Khan and…” searching for another one. I was no help here. “Oh, Andy Street”. A quick whip round the rest showed there were no other mayors. So that took Street out of the fighter category, leaving four there.

So, what we had left was:
[Older] [Genius] [Burgen] [Faith]
[Outside] [Kingsmill] [Mothers Pride] [Hovis]

We knew there were breads. But were the others George Michael songs? After all, we had already ruled out the fifth song (Freedom). As Victoria said on the show, the key here was knowing that Mothers Pride was a George Michael song, thereby being the one to drop from the three breads.

So, we got Genius, Burgen, Kingsmill and Hovis as the bread brands and we assumed (and were correct) in the others being George Michael songs.

We did have a few other leads that lead nowhere (like Cage suggesting Nicholas, Jet suggesting Gladiators and the like), but a quick check around the other clues meant we quickly ruled them out.

Good luck if you try a wall having read this!

2 Likes

Really sorry about whatever is going on with your husband’s work. There seems to be a lot of it about at the moment, my OH is going through something similar at the moment :rage:.

On the cheerier topic, I love Only Connect. They used to have all the walls online for people to play at home but they seem to have been removed. However, if anyone fancies a go at playing one this site has walls and connections created by other people to have a go at. You can choose how difficult a level you want to try so can start with some easy ones and they’re all rated by quality. Pick high quality and whatever difficulty you want to try and have a go using @KinkyMira 's method (same way I do them too).

3 Likes

Loving the Fluffy friends pics today! Nice lounge pants too @MsSubExperimenter :wink:

2 Likes

Haha thanks @WillC! Got to love a bit of Marvel :rofl:

She is doing so well and we’re seeing so much character - she’s so funny and affectionate.

Still scared of a lot, but her confidence is building nicely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::ghost:

2 Likes

Yes, had that with a couple of previous rescue dogs, it’s so rewarding to see their confidence and trust improve. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

She looks to have made herself very much at home - lovely to see! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Just doing a bit of catch up and read your post. It’s the modern style of management which is killing off any kind of trust from its employees I have also been in this situation and was fortunate enough to be able to move on elsewhere. There have only been two sets of management in my working life that I could and did trust. One was 40 years ago and then the last company I worked for but they were sold off and the new management didn’t meet the grade. I’m now retired :grin:.

1 Like