Time to yourself with kids

Serious question: how’s everyone with kids coping with masturbation and sex during lockdown?

Like seriously, it’s like the equivalent of opening snacks, that they know if you think you have a lone time for fun that they immediately come and pester you.

Even bribes with snacks and kindles, movies, etc have less effect now due to them becoming the norm :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

It’s definitely been tough!

Found myself masterbating loads more at any given opportunity! Energy levels seem to be low for both us too during lockdown!

We discovered LH and have a weekend away just the two of us in a couple of months and are using that to reignite our sex life and introduce a kinkier side to our marriage!

Its like I could have written this!
We are finding it so hard to get any time. Then when we do its such a rush or in the evenings when they have finally gone to sleep that we are just knackered!

3 Likes

Yes I completely agree, both of us have worked through lockdown full time and have balanced childcare/teaching so its been a strain on us, with limited time and energy so feeling the same as you. Personally I make use of shower time but it’s not the same experience as with my mrs when you get some quite time to have some fun and experiment. We are hoping to arrange for a night away once we figure out childcare for a weekend.

1 Like

Not sure how old all your kids are but our only child finally left home a little over a year ago at 30 years old.

Are you trying to make me cry?

2 Likes

Oh dear @Onlyones and @Ian_Chimp it’s not April 1st either…:rofl:

On the bright side they did move out for a year once but came back supposedly on a temporary basis but stayed another 10 years.Now that is enough to make you cry @I

1 Like

My kids are 3 and 5 so a little while till they move out. We cherish every rare over night stay they have with relatives!

We always looked forward to the Grandparents having them for an overnight stay or sometimes a weekend but always looked forward to them coming home and often felt guilty about it aswell.

1 Like

Yeah I know what you mean. Ours rarely have a sleepover anywhere, but like to make the most of it when they do!

I have 2 young children. One is a baby so you can imagine how difficult it is to get any time for anything! I’m frantically painting the spare room so baby can move out then we can have our own room to ourselves again :grin:

1 Like

Mine are nearly 5 now, so what’s that? Another 25 years or so left before parole? :slightly_smiling_face:

You may Jest but that time will go quicker than you think,it does not seem possible ours is now in his 30s.

My boyfriend has two young kids, half the time and it definitely makes it harder. When he has them it basically means either we stay up late and lock the door once they are down and try which sometimes isn’t successful but sometimes is.

@Lady_Ness I feel your pain. Our oldest turned 13 at the start of this year so he is usually up longer than us :joy::joy:. I worked full time through the lockdown too and almost half the team were furloughed so was knackered every day when I got home.

@FoxyLea87

Bed times, nap times and tv time down stairs with treats. We have a toddler so he has a play pen next to tv downstairs. This makes it easier for us to sneak away for a small amount of time. He starting nursery soon which is great because he needs it now (bored and misbehaving). Also I am a key worker and so are my parents in the NHS, my husband back at work so we still do childcare between us. No choice if we still have to go to work, so they have had him sometimes.

So glad OH and I are not the only ones!
Solo time is non-existent apart from a sesh with a bullet under the duvet at night - I’m used to having time and privacy to get a toy box out for an hour.
Similarly, sex is on the back burner (but still simmering away and happening, just less frequently). OH is working from home, I’m doing voluntary work from home, home-schooling 2 teens and a younger one with SEN and nursing needs - I think we could do with a bit of ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder’ :slight_smile:
We are all crammed in together and even now being very cautious because 2 of us were shielded. I think the stress and the fear of someone becoming ill makes us all very tired, which doesn’t help. We are just focusing on getting on well together - the 5 of us - and supporting each other emotionally. This will all pass…
In the meantime, it is the little things that count. Talking to each other, a shoulder rub, BBQs, a quick snog, sexy knickers, Indian takeaways - and the fact that when MrR and I do get our act together, an xbox with headphones turns off the hearing of teens. Who knew?