Tips on buying butt plugs

Looking to buy an anal butt plug and some anal lube. OH has asked me to put my vibrator in, but it's just too big. He's fine but would like to give him a treat. I've had anal sex alot, just not used butt plugs much. Is it better to get one with a handle to make it easier to insert / remove ?

Really, it's just down to what takes your fancy. As a first time toy it might be a good idea to get something fairly small and tapered. It's always a good idea to go with something with a flanged base to stop it dissapearing.

As for anal lube, well, most lubes can be used for anal, but a couple are designed for it specifically. Maximus is quite a popular one,

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13084

Yeh I definately don't want it going missing so thought handled is best. I will also buy anal lube as I understand its thicker

I only have two plugs and some beads so I haven't got a whole lot of experience on the plug side of things, But if you look in my reviews there are a review on a Doc Johnsson Jelly butt plug, A larger vibrating butt plug and some Tracy Cox anal beads.

The plugs dont have any handles/rings but have large bases and They definately won't be going anywhere where I don't want them to! And are easy enough to insert/pull out.

The anal beads have a hoop at the end which makes pulling out extremely easy!

As for lube, LH have a load of good ones, But the two I personally love so far that are specific to anal, Are the Maximus and the Sassy, Again - Both in my reviews :)

I will add, That I have found that Durex Play Cherry has beciome my third firm favourite as an anal lube.

Hope that helps you?! ;) x

Hmm im fairly curious about this too. Im fairly new to trying this kind of stuff out. I will have to keep an eye on this thread to see what people say

And to your second post, Yes, Anal lube IS thicker, It acts as a nice slippery "Extra layer" if you like.

I will add that I and probably most other members on here that are into anal will strongly advise against anything that desensitizes or numbs that area! A very risky thing to do imo ;)

But then you probably already know that.

P.s. Call me thick.... But is this for you or your oh, Or maybe both of you?

Ohh this is definately just for my - my OH will not go there lol

It's definately not for everyone! lol I was really against it when I was younger - Both giving and recieving. Now I just can't get enough!

I'm a straight married man and I love having sexy toys up my derierre!

I think he will give it a go one day. He's not dead against anything (as long as it's only ever me and him involved and no one else lol) but I guess we try me first, then I'll set my sights on his bum lol

I'g go for a flared tip.

Decided to go for the Basix Mini Butt Plug and some Maximus Anal Lube.

Thanks for all the help deciding and can't wait for my order to arrive !!!