Total Stranger

Hi guys
If you were given a compliment by a total stranger would you think... Pervert or would it give you a buzz and make your day

If he / she was hot.. buzzin if a bit wierd looking ......pervert

I tend to just be afraid of any social interaction in public with people I don't know haha

I brace myself for the punchline when this happens, lol.

A compliment would never make me think someone was a pervert.

If someone is saying something to make you think they are a pervert, what they are saying is not a 'compliment' (although you could take it as one I suppose if it vaguely involves praising any of your features).

Compliment- 'wow, your hair is gorgeous! Did you do it yourself? Looks fab, well done!'

Pervey line- well, I don't think anything sleasy enough to be 'perverted' would be allowed by the forum rules. And no, chat up lines don't count. They may be dirty, outrageous or just silly but would hardly make me think the person saying them is a pervert...far too harsh a word!

It might be a seize the moment thing
I've often seen someone and thought Wow.
Bottled it an the moment and the person has gone

OUCH! Thank you ;) wrote:

snap!

I think generally people shouldn't force their opinions on others, this includes options on someone's looks or physique whether perceived as positive or negative by the perpetrator.
Unless you know the victim extremely well how can you possibly know you won't cause offense.

So in the spirit of my message I'll keep my thoughts in such a scenario to myself.

Sorry lovebird i know what you mean
Pervert might be the wrong word
Compliment and chat up line might be the same thing but a chat up line in a night out might not be the same thing has a compliment at the office

Usually that's how we all tend to start Dating SumSub. Generally starts with a compliment. Usually breaks the ice you see.

Well I guess your chances these days are that you will offend/upset someone. The problem is there are just so many people who have had bad experiences, then calculate in the feminist videos of girls walking around x city for y amount of hours. It's just not worth it. That's before you even consider that you never know the actual person, for someone who has anxiety problems, etc you could really put them on edge and you'd never know it, the other end of that is you come across wrong and you anger some one who was just waitining for an excuse to verbally attack someone.

It's a mine field and for me personally, unless you know the person, it's best not to say anything. If you want to acknowledge someone though, smiling is never a bad thing, just try not to pull a horrible troll face when you do it though lol.

I'd be chuffed and it would probably make my day!

I think it entirely depends on what is said, as some compliments can be nice and others have had me on guard. If someone compliments my face or hair etc that's lovely, but I generally don't like it when guys tell me I have nice tits and say comments like that because it immediately makes me feel like they're only after one thing (that has been my experience so far).

I met Hulk Hogan yesterday and he told me I was pretty, I was quite chuffed with that! :P

Sorry I realise I'm annoying....

Yeah, define compliment. The message is what is received and there are genuinely folks who think a wolf whistle is a compliment.

My OH is a total perve and gives exceptional compliments which seem to be well received. Don't know how he does it. Then again he claims that putting a sparkle in your eyes or looking away at the right moment is a compliment so... idk.

OUCH! Thank you ;) wrote:

same here x

wildflower wrote:

I'd be chuffed and it would probably make my day!

Me too !

it would definitely make my day!

Though I am now wary of compliments for no reason from complete strangers due to an incident a few years back when I worked in a restaurant.

One weekend one of the girls who worked there came in wearing new shoes and all the staff noticed and complimented.

The next week I came in with new showes and absolutely nobody noticed and I was really annoyed.

Sudenly a lady from one of the tables pulls me aside and tells me how much she likes my shoes! Obviously this made me SO happy that I went on to tll her they were new (bought that day) and how none of my my work friends had noticed so she was so thoughtful to notice etc...

After her party had left I was helping to clear the tables ( should add she was part of a hen do) and I found a shoeet of paper with 'dares to complete' through the evening. One of which was 'compliment a stranger on their shoes'. Needless to say I was heartbroken once again!

I think depends what they say and how they say it........and also if it's followed with a wink. Eurgh

Personally there is a big difference between a actual compliment and someone just crosing the line in both the word choice and non-verbals...

I think this world needs more positive messages out there so an actual compliment I would smile and say thank you.

I also try to compliment others when it is real, but do find that oftentimes when that is a female stranger they seem to think there is something afoot.

My basic line is there is so much female jealousy and hate out there that we as women should compliment each other more!