Toy cleaning

Hello, this is my first post here so I apologise if this isn’t formatted correctly, however I have a question about proper cleaning and storage of my toys, specifically butt plugs.

A couple weeks ago after use I began to feel very tired, I usually wash thoroughly with soap and sex toy cleaner, however in this case I only really had the time to use a couple of the lovehoney sex toy wipes. Unfortunately since then I forgot about the toy and it has been sat in a bag for a couple weeks now, with it being 100% silicone, would it be safe to wash the toy with soap and sex toy cleaner and be able to use it again, or would it be best practice to dispose of it?

Many thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi!

When it comes to 100% silicone toys, you can disinfect them by surface-cleaning (such as wipes or toy cleaner) and then submerging them in boiling water for about 3 minutes to fully disinfect. Just don’t let it boil dry!
This also applies to 100% stainless steel too!

When it comes to storage, I tend to keep my toys and plugs in separate bags within my toybox, mostly because silicone toys rubbing together can sometimes damage the surface area, and it helps keep it all in order so I can find what I want, when I want. You can find storage bags on LH at the link I’ve provided.
Hope this helps!

4 Likes

You can clean it thoroughly and use it again with no problems .

2 Likes