Toys in the shower, and lube.

My GF wants us to use strap-ons in the shower, both giving and taking. I'm more than up for this but... What lube should we be using?

Almost all our toys are now silicon toys, so we only use water based lube atm. I'm concerned that water based lube will quickly get washed off and we'll spend more time re-lubing than actually sexing.

I'm I being over cautious? Or should I be buying some silicon lube and some non silicone toys?

Any advice appreciated.

LUS

I'm not sure using silicone or oil lubes in the shower is recommended. It's not something we've tried ourselves but I've read a few comments on here saying that it makes everywhere super slippy and unsafe.

Ian Chimp wrote:

I'm not sure using silicone or oil lubes in the shower is recommended. It's not something we've tried ourselves but I've read a few comments on here saying that it makes everywhere super slippy and unsafe.

Yes, I can see how that might hapen!

I've looked for one of the posts I've been thinking of, but I can't find it (the search function is pretty ropey on here 🙂). I think it said something about the steam of the hot water carrying warm silicone/oil up into the air, which then hits the cool bath/tiles/lino and coats it all in a slippery film? Anyone else heard of this?

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've looked for one of the posts I've been thinking of, but I can't find it (the search function is pretty ropey on here 🙂). I think it said something about the steam of the hot water carrying warm silicone/oil up into the air, which then hits the cool bath/tiles/lino and coats it all in a slippery film? Anyone else heard of this?

That all sounds pretty obvious now you mention it! And also not the kind of shower fun I was thinking of...

Maybe I'll look into a thicker waterbased lube and just see how it goes.

Have you thought about using a syringe to put the lube exactly where you want it to be internally, rather than using it externally or on a toy?

This sort of thing...

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19842

But over the counter kiddies medicines often come with a similar thing - so does Replens vaginal moisturier which is also over the counter.

I'd still go for water based rather than silicone, but Sliquid offer some thicker ones which might suit. We use their Natural Gel.

MsR wrote:

Have you thought about using a syringe to put the lube exactly where you want it to be internally, rather than using it externally or on a toy?

That's a good idea. We don't have one but might be adding it to our next order!

A syringe is useful to apply lube internally as a preparation for anal sex even without the added complication of the shower. We use one as part of our normal routine.

I’ve never considered the syringe method, what a great idea. I have no hints or tips regarding your shower play but I hope you have a fun time! Keep us all updated with what you find works best :)

There are a couple of 'hybrid' lubes that are mostly water based with a bit of silicone in. Sliquid silk is one of them, haven't tried it in the shower but used it on a silicone toy and was fine.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11377

I wholeheartedly approve of the lube syringes. They make all sorts of anal stuff so much easier.

Thanks all!

Will look into all your sugestions

The siringe suggestion sounds really good and I'm actually thinking to use it myself. I would avoid oils and silicon based lubes, not only because they would ruin the sex toys but they would make the surfaces in the bathroom rather slippery hence not very safe. Water based lubes are your safest bet. This lube is thick enough that has less risks of being washed away https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35809