trying to work things out

hi guys im trying to work things out with my ex

we have been together almost 2 years and keep having ups and downs we have two lovely children together and want to work things out.

i just wanted a few tips on what i should do and say to her to patch things up

any help would be great

Sorry to hear things aren't good between you both. I'm not really sure anyone else can advise on your relationship as they aren't part of it and don't have both of your feelings or know your situation. All I can really say is let her know you want things to work, you're there to listen and work on things and just keep in mind you have to have patience.

Fingers crossed for you!

There's no magic formula for fixing a realtionship, sadly -- there's nothing we can tell you to say that will make things better. Each relationship is different, and fixing things is never easy! Just try to keep the lines of communication open, be honest with eachother, have patience, and work hard. I hope it works out for you both!

a statement of complete commitment to see it through no matter what life throws at you both may help....but only if thats how you think and feel

the reasons for breaking up is cos he lies and wants every other women in sight his not romantic passionate adventurous just boring

Okay, so what's happened with the married woman you wanted to meet up and sleep with?

Take the kids feelings into deep consideration Its no Fun being a product of a broken home

kate1989 wrote:

the reasons for breaking up is cos he lies and wants every other women in sight his not romantic passionate adventurous just boring

After reading this thread:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/608637-help/#p608637

It sounds like you're better off without him!

I hope you find someone who treats you with the love and respect you deserve xx

Jimi Duro wrote:

Take the kids feelings into deep consideration Its no Fun being a product of a broken home

But equally being in a home with rowing parents that are truly unhappy can have a massively negative impact on children. It isn't ideal either way but kids can pick up on a lot of tension and in the long run happy and settled seperated parents can prove better than parents that live together with misery and resentment building. Obviously IF it does end in a split then the parents need to try to remain on good terms or at least civil. Stupid rivalrys and using visits and things as weapons is far too common. :(

Generally with relationships, talk to them openly and honestly, no half truths to smooth things over or it will fall apart down the line. If its going to work it will take honesty, effort and the desire to have it work from both of you. Make sure s/he knows you care and that s/he feels able to tell you if there are any issues so you can work on them together.

Curious how similar the writing styles are in this couple. Am I smelling eau de troll?