Unable to ride cowgirl

Been a while since I’ve been in the dating game. Recently started seeing a guy and I want to ride cowgirl so bad but Im unable to straddle him. He is not a big guy by any means. I just cant seem to open my hips wide enough… any tips?

It is getting kind of embarassing but at same time I remember how good this position feels!

1 Like

Im the opposite. Can do reverse (still a tad stiff) but not forward…

Before I got with hubby, and when we first got together. I never done any other positions apart from the missionary, I never had any confidence what so ever. So as my confidence grew, we done a lot of positions, and cowgirl and reverse cowgirl was among them, at first it took me a little while to get the rhythm, and positioned myself so I felt comfortable, but once I got the it, there was no stopping me. Reverse cowgirl I love leaning forwards so he see me riding him, he loves to see it going in and out.

1 Like

How is your general flexibility/fitness at the moment? As we get older or if we reduce physical activity our bodies can lose some flexibility and strength, and that can impact doing certain activities. It could be that your muscles just aren’t used to that position right now and some gentle stretching/exercises could help loosen everything up, build up strength and make it more comfortable again.

I know doing stretches and exercising more definitely helps me get into a bigger range of positions more comfortably, and with less muscle ache the next day!

5 Likes

Yoga would definitely help.
I used to teach and practice regularly and while it’s not designed to be an exercise class, I can vouch for the overall physical benefits.
A good yoga class will be balanced and cover every aspect of the physical as well as the mind so if that’s not necessarily your thing then you can go online and find plenty of good stuff.
Just be careful not to overdo things too soon.
Start really gently, warm up well and you’ll soon start to see the benefits.
You’ll be riding like a seasoned jockey in no time! :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe you need to try out some flexibility exercises to warm up :slightly_smiling_face: perhaps it could be an option to devote say 5 or 10 mins each day to do a few of these stretches and/or yoga positions to gradually improve flexibility

2 Likes

Hey @Flowerbomb4321! Without being too graphic, is it the actual straddling position you are struggling with or the positioning of penetration from that angle? Just wanted to check as noticed you said that doing reverse is ok for you.

Hip flexor stretches and exercises would definitely be beneficial regardless, but take these slowly and don’t push yourself too much too quickly!

1 Like

Cowgirl is a fave although with my partners amazing boobs and her sex face right in front of me it can be a short ride sometimes lol

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your advice. I’ve gotten myself back on the yoga/pilates mat so hopefully with some consistency my flexibility will improve. Stretch, stretch, stretch!

1 Like

Yup…same for me!