Using a flogger

We really enjoy using our flogger, both to lightly tickle & tease as well as using a bit of ooph to leave a sting. Does anyone else use one..?

Any tips to share

I love to be flogged. The position I feel most comfortable in is on all fours on the bed as I can have my arms either straight or lower myself down and alternate between these positions. It is always best to start slowly and build up the intensity. Mr Scorpius usually starts on my bum and thighs then onto my back then back to my thighs and bum and rotates the action - like a figure of eight on my body - which gives a lovely floaty feeling. You may find it easier if you relax your wrist and build up a gentle rhythm.

Remember that there a few places to avoid impact play like flogging, such as the kidneys and spine. It's wise to stick with your bum, thighs and top of your back.

Wrapping can occur when the base of the tails closer to the handle land before the end of the tails on an area, like an arm, thigh or waist and curl around gaining speed as they go. This can cause the more serious marks and welts, or even cuts. The way to avoid wrapping is for your partner NOT to aim the flogger sideways so that it can curl around arms etc. Use a stroke that runs in line with arms and thighs.

But - most importantly, communicate with your partner. Ask how things feel - particularly the pressure, speed, and which parts of your partners body she enjoyed being flogged.

You may also like to have breaks, and touch and caress your partner, as your skin's sensitivity will be much heightened during and after flogging.

Hope this helps :) xx

Thanks for sharing Scorpius, some great tips there.

I have several from horse tail, that gives a little sting (ideal for the delicate areas breasts and crotch). Rubber that thuds, Leather thats universal and plastic that hurts.

Like Scorpious12 says, comunicate with your partner as to what works.

Scorpius12 wrote:

I love to be flogged. The position I feel most comfortable in is on all fours on the bed as I can have my arms either straight or lower myself down and alternate between these positions. It is always best to start slowly and build up the intensity. Mr Scorpius usually starts on my bum and thighs then onto my back then back to my thighs and bum and rotates the action - like a figure of eight on my body - which gives a lovely floaty feeling. You may find it easier if you relax your wrist and build up a gentle rhythm.

Remember that there a few places to avoid impact play like flogging, such as the kidneys and spine. It's wise to stick with your bum, thighs and top of your back.

Wrapping can occur when the base of the tails closer to the handle land before the end of the tails on an area, like an arm, thigh or waist and curl around gaining speed as they go. This can cause the more serious marks and welts, or even cuts. The way to avoid wrapping is for your partner NOT to aim the flogger sideways so that it can curl around arms etc. Use a stroke that runs in line with arms and thighs.

But - most importantly, communicate with your partner. Ask how things feel - particularly the pressure, speed, and which parts of your partners body she enjoyed being flogged.

You may also like to have breaks, and touch and caress your partner, as your skin's sensitivity will be much heightened during and after flogging.

Hope this helps :) xx

+1 ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

BrumGuy wrote:

I have several from horse tail, that gives a little sting (ideal for the delicate areas breasts and crotch). Rubber that thuds, Leather thats universal and plastic that hurts.

Like Scorpious12 says, comunicate with your partner as to what works.

Plastic hurts more than leather? Does love honey sell a plastic flogger you could recommend? Thank you.

kitty x

I learned Florentine flogging last year (took a little practise and I recommend Youtube for tutorials on that and other flogging techniques and guides). Flogging is probably my favourite way to inflict spanky pain. I just love the sounds, the feel of the flogger in my hand...(daydreams lol) Reeeeally want to get some finger floggers (hint hint Lovehoney) next!

I find the beauty of the flogger is no two feel exactly alike (well, unless you get two of the same lol) The material, thickness of the strands, length of the fall, the weight...it all changes the sensations.

Generally:

Thinner strands/tails sting more on the suface....thicker ones give a more thuddy impact

Firmer materials sting more than softer ones. Everyones pain tolerance is different and some people can't stand certain materials due to the particular sensation, but in my own opinion, from gentlest to harshest: Suede, soft leather, firm leather, silicone/rubber materials.

The heavier the flogger, the more thudding impact. Lighter floggers produce a more surface level sting.

That is general though. For example, I have a heavy leather flogger with thick strands (which would be quite gentle if softer) but the leather is so firm it stings like crazy! (Love you Dominix flogger!)

Tips:

Practise your aim. One of the most painful experiences I had while being flogged (rare for me, I am the dominant one) was when the tails wrapped around my thigh and hit my vulva. This wrap around can be more painful than the initial swing (VERY nippy). Some people might enjoy this experience, but it is one that can take your breath away, so if you want to avoid it, ensure you are focusing on where the END of the tails will land. Practise on a pillow first.

There are lots and lots of tips I could give but I do recommend doing research online and even buying some books. There are some great, informative books on the subject. Just ensure you put safety first and find out all about that before going hell for leather on your partner.

BDSM-curious I cant remember where I got the Plastic type one from it's about twelve strands of round material 3mm in dia. Imagine kid's licorice bootlace. lol

Most of my other floggers are custom made.

Fluffbags, The guy that made mine does pairs of ball ended floggers that go between the fingers ideal in confined spaces. Did you view any videos by Ameilia Hawk (BDSM dual flogger practice)? I think she's up here in Birmingham for the Fetish Weekend at The Birmingham Bizare Bazzare, lots going on around the clubs. This time last year the BBB set a world record for the most amount of people being flogged at the same time. (Now that was a sight)

Enjoy. x

BrumGuy wrote:

BDSM-curious I cant remember where I got the Plastic type one from it's about twelve strands of round material 3mm in dia. Imagine kid's licorice bootlace. lol

Most of my other floggers are custom made.

Fluffbags, The guy that made mine does pairs of ball ended floggers that go between the fingers ideal in confined spaces. Did you view any videos by Ameilia Hawk (BDSM dual flogger practice)? I think she's up here in Birmingham for the Fetish Weekend at The Birmingham Bizare Bazzare, lots going on around the clubs. This time last year the BBB set a world record for the most amount of people being flogged at the same time. (Now that was a sight)

Enjoy. x

Thanks for replying. I'm jealous. Can you recommend a product you've bought off love honey that causes the most pain?

thanks, kitty x

Pain! We all have differing pain thresholds, what one person likes may be intolerable to another. You have to find what suits you to put you in that zone of pleasure.

Practice makes perfect, to get kitty purring. lol

Enjoy. x

Just uploaded an image of my dominatrix outfit and just ventured in flogging this weekend. Absolutely enjoyed it and found it a massive turn on. Just gentle to start with, but the bondage side really excites me and we will be buying a few more items to experiment further.

Any ideas for items from this site as a beginner would be appreciated, (whips, restraints etc.)

Hi sunseasex, I would highly recommend the LH Tease Me Satin and Leather Spanking Paddle for a first paddle. It has 2 sides, one satin and softer and the leather side which gives a more intense sting. This is on offer at the moment in the ‘3 for £30 Bondage deal’, and there are some great items in this offer too.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/special-offers/3077/

You may also want to consider this for a starter flogger – its not at mean as it looks, and its more about how you use it – as with the paddle, build up slowly and have a read of the advice on flogging above.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20184

Then you could maybe introduce a blindfold for some added spice, and later some cuffs. The Tracey Cox Beginners Bondage Kit is really nice and non-threatening and comes with one of the best blindfolds I have found.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16308

Also check out Lovehoney’s ‘Bondage Guide for Beginners’ to get some other ideas:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2011/07/03/beginners-guide-to-bondage/

Play safe and have fun! xxx

Thanks. Will have a look at these items and surprise my partner.!