Using a flogger

I love to be flogged. The position I feel most comfortable in is on all fours on the bed as I can have my arms either straight or lower myself down and alternate between these positions. It is always best to start slowly and build up the intensity. Mr Scorpius usually starts on my bum and thighs then onto my back then back to my thighs and bum and rotates the action - like a figure of eight on my body - which gives a lovely floaty feeling. You may find it easier if you relax your wrist and build up a gentle rhythm.

Remember that there a few places to avoid impact play like flogging, such as the kidneys and spine. It's wise to stick with your bum, thighs and top of your back.

Wrapping can occur when the base of the tails closer to the handle land before the end of the tails on an area, like an arm, thigh or waist and curl around gaining speed as they go. This can cause the more serious marks and welts, or even cuts. The way to avoid wrapping is for your partner NOT to aim the flogger sideways so that it can curl around arms etc. Use a stroke that runs in line with arms and thighs.

But - most importantly, communicate with your partner. Ask how things feel - particularly the pressure, speed, and which parts of your partners body she enjoyed being flogged.

You may also like to have breaks, and touch and caress your partner, as your skin's sensitivity will be much heightened during and after flogging.

Hope this helps :) xx