Using the site on an iPad

Hi, not sure if anything can be done about his but feel like I should say as I love using the site but this would make it easier!

When using the site on an iPad, the drop down boxes can be very temperamental.

For example, if I'm trying to click on something on the webpage, the drop down boxes come down and I end up clicking whatever was on that box, taking me away from the page.

Other times, if I click on the toolbar in order to make the box drop down, it takes me straight to the main page on that bar (e.g the community tab takes me straight to the forum, making it difficult to update my tester list :P)

Thought I'd let you know jn case it was an easy fix, though I'll still be using the sit pe even with these problems!

I have the exact same problems as I always use my iPad, I thought it was maybe just me and something I was doing! It can be very annoying!

I have that same problem, I'm always on my iPad and have just had to learn to deal with it, so frustrating!

I have 2 suggestions...

1) Wait slightly longer for the page to load before "clicking", this allows pictures etc to load and minimise last minute movement of the page...

2) "Click and Hold" the menu button, in my experience this brings up the drop down menu in a much more consistent manner

Sum Sub wrote:

1) Wait slightly longer for the page to load before "clicking", this allows pictures etc to load and minimise last minute movement of the page...

I don't have patience to wait sum sub! Lol I always find technology never works or loads fast enough for me!

Sum Sub wrote:

I have 2 suggestions...

2) "Click and Hold" the menu button, in my experience this brings up the drop down menu in a much more consistent manner

+1 I sometimes have to do this when on my galaxy note 2 as not all drop down tabs work not just on Lovehoney but other websites aswell.

I'm glad to know it isn't just me anyway :')

It is even more fiddly when you use an iPod or a smartphone...

Funnily enough, it is far better to hold the phone in a "normal", upright manner rather than sideways; when I hold it upright, the menu seems to switch to a mobile device mode of sorts while when I hold it sideways, it mimicks the "standard" computer layout - and with everything being so much smaller than on an ultrabook or a desktop, it is immensely difficult to control it properly.

Briona87 wrote:

It is even more fiddly when you use an iPod or a smartphone...

Funnily enough, it is far better to hold the phone in a "normal", upright manner rather than sideways; when I hold it upright, the menu seems to switch to a mobile device mode of sorts while when I hold it sideways, it mimicks the "standard" computer layout - and with everything being so much smaller than on an ultrabook or a desktop, it is immensely difficult to control it properly.

Have you tried to "reverse-Pinch" zoom?

I have this problem too. I generally use my iPad in landscape mode, but have found it to be less of an issue if I rotate it and use it in portrait mode for LH?

TN

I'm always on my iPad, never have any trouble with the menus.

If you want a menu to pop up hold it a tiny bit longer than a single click. Almost like bringing up the copy/paste menu, let go just before it would pop up.

Avoiding the menu dropping down when you don't want is is easy too. (I do it so automatically now I forgot which one exactly it is).

There's two possibilities here. Either your page is not scrolled fully to the top OR you page is scrolled fully to the top. Whichever one it is, change/scroll the screen a cm or so and you'll find that it's no longer a problem.

Thinking back I'm pretty sure it only happens to me when the page isn't scrolled completely to the top. So avoid the menus dropping down unexpectedly by scrolling making sure the page is scrolled all the way to the top or past where the menu buttons are visible.

So glad to hear it's not just me. Sooooo frustrating!

Same problem for me using Safari, I wonder if it would be any better using Chrome?

I have a simlar problem on chrome - but this has only JUST started happening to me (like, yesterday) on my windows touchscreen - before that, one tap brought down the drop down boxes, and another tap for whichever box you wanted. Now I have to use a mouse, and because it's a touchsreen, the mouse is really terrible.

It's not just an iPad issue, it's an issue for mobile devices, the site needs updating to be more responsive (google responsive website for mobiles) for mobile devices, especially for mobiles. The menu issue just dropping down without you clicking on it can be fixed with a two minute CSS change so I don't know why they've not sorted it yet..

I dont own an Ipad, but often use the site on my blackberry phone.

Holding upright gives a mobile version and holding sideways gives the full desktop version - which I thought was quite a smart feature.

Personally I much prefer the sideways version and have never had an issue navigating around, posting on the forum or making purchases on my mobile.

Agh I have the same problem on iPad! Makes me want to give up.

I use safari on iPad mini

Hi Rachel, I'm using an iPad Air on safari :)

Kind of off topic but on the Kindle fire it tries to constantly send me to the us site with a drop down box. I can end up pressing I want to stay on the uk site several times in a short time frame as it never seems to remember.

I have location set on my kindle to my address which is in England so not sure why I keep being asked if I want to go to the us site.