Vasectomy problems

Hi all. I had a vasectomy back in feb 2019 and have had nothing but problems. First of all i got a bad infection a few days after the op which put me out of work for a few days. then ever since i keep getting infections in my testicles. The doctors have finally said that is this course of antibiotics doesnt work then he will send me to hospital for tests and possible ultra sound on my balls. Has anyone else had any problems like this? If so whats the likely outcome? I am fed up of this now not only my sex life suffering but my work also as i find it hard to keep moving and im in pain all the time. Starting to wish i never had it done...

Hi there. I’m marc I had a similar experience although some what more serious. I picked up an infection that eventually ended up in emergency surgery. Resulting in 3 months off work. Keep on at your Dr it is the worst place for infection. Keep it clean and aired as much as possible. All that said it’s been about 15 years now and apart from a nice scar I’ve not had any problems or any more kids. If anything my sex life is better.

I had minor infection after having it done but no problem since. I am guessing you did all the right things post op and wore supportive pants etc. Really sorry your going through the mill with this

Thanks for the reply guys. Yes took all precautions after op. Just guess im only of the unlucky ones. Marc that sounds awful! Glad its all better. My frist infection was manly the wounds that was infected swollen red sore and puss. But that soon cleared up with antibiotics. Since then its been the vas differas i think its called. The bit that stores sperm.

i must of been realy lucky

had it done privatetly, no stitches

done on friday, back to work monday

Had mine done at a private hospital but on the NHS.

I had a surgical infection too. It was nasty and ended up in hospital with it. Thankfully after being on strong antibiotics in the hospital for a few days I was sent home with a course to take at home. All is now good but it has left me with a lot of internal scarring on my tubes. Not a problem unless they are squeezed or pinched a little too hard. I did try a cock pump a long time after all was healed but the scarring on the tubes was a problem as they were getting sucked in and I had to stop. Good news though it hasn't had an impact on our sex life and he is all working good now.

I’m pleased you spoke of these issues. We’re trying to weigh up sterilisation vs vasectomy so it’s good to hear the ‘bad’ points. I’m sorry you’re going through this but do keep on at your GP and I hope you heal soon

I had mine a few weeks now and I've been ok, touch wood. I had really swollen testicles and some impressive bruising, and a bit if discomfort. I keep feeling the end of the tube that was burnt off and freaking thinking it's a lump...but that's about it tbh. So far all good here

I only got this done because its less invasive and less risk compared to my wife having her bits done. I thought i would be fine. Id do it again if it means my wife not going under the knife. Just wish i didnt get recurring problems.

Mr L had an infection soon after the op which resulted in him being really sore. The last few years he has been absolutely fine though, no pain, no more children!

As others have said, keep on at your GP as its not normal for you to be in so much pain still!

Would recommend getting your GP to refer you to a urologist. You could have a local infection or one related to the prostate.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues. I too swole like crazy after. Had to go back because so much discomfort. It took a year for me to stop being sore after any activity . Finally things got normal after a long period of aggrivated soreness and discomfort

Wow , so sorry to hear that ! Had mine done 32 years ago by a urologist on a Friday , back to work on Monday . No more kids and I still come plenty . Over hear I tell anybody that asks to go to a urologist instead of general practitioner . Too many problems and every so often an unplanned pregnency . The number one cause of problems I have heard of was guys not following Doctors orders , like horse back riding the day after . Good luck with treatment , I hope you get better quickly .

I was generally ok after mine - followed doctors orders and had a box set day the day after and then got back to normal. Thing that freaked me out was black seen a few weeks after, and after having several normal coloured ejaculation - I thought I was home and hosed! Turns out this was normal as the blood from the op had just backed up and pooled until it was time to come out. Just need my sign off that the process worked so I can celebrate with a bareback ride with the Mrs!