Vibrator patterns yay or nay?

Wondering if anyone actually gets anything out of the crazy patterns that most vibrators seem to have built in?
Everytime we accidentally find a pattern it usually puts back the session by a couple of minutes trying to solve it and get it back to max power lol.
Just me or do people love the patterns?

5 Likes

I actually quite like them, I find them particularly good for edging, but I know from previous topics I’m in the minority!

2 Likes

We have the same problem. On and off, and variations in between are fine. The random pulse ones don’t do anything for the Mrs

1 Like

Usually nay, unless I really want to change things up!

1 Like

No always use the constant steady rumble which usually has 3 intensities…if I catch the button and it moves to a random pattern it really ****** me off and then have to start again.

3 Likes

Glad someone is getting something to compensate for our frustrations lol.

2 Likes

Depends on the toy to be honest. Rabbits and wand’s it’s a yay for patterns.
Suction toys is a nay.

1 Like

I just got my first vibe with patterns and I like it, especially the patterns that are more like pulsating or tapping. I’ll switch to something more consistent when I want to cum though.

2 Likes

I had a wand with 20 patterns which frustrated me because there was only 1 or 2 that were ok to use, having to count and remember what number you were on without getting the manual out drove me insane especially when you accidentally pressed the pattern button instead of the power up or down. That wand broke 2 years ago and ive never brought one with patterns since. The Lovehoney magic wands are perfect for me to use with the scroll wheel.

3 Likes

Some patterns I really like. The two pulse pattern on the Doxys can be a lot of fun to use. I also really like the pattern settings on the Fun Factory Sundaze and Stronics (although they aren’t vibration as such). There are a couple of patterns on the now discontinued Desire Classic Vibe (and its mini counterpart) but it has 20 settings and no back button so it’s too much of a pain to find and remember what I like.

Generally I find patterns too jarring though. I like a lot of power generally so although a little up and down can be fun but too many feel like a rollercoaster and the downward dip just goes too low for it to work for me

1 Like

Nope, not a fan of the patterns here. Just plain old regular vibrations with changes to power settings - frankly the patterns just seem odd and do nothing for us.

Must be the only thing about our sex life that we like vanilla!

1 Like

Yeah we got a toy that we had to get the manual out to stop it doing patterns, was a bit of a kill joy when it’s a “give it to me to work out” situation while you lay there lol.

1 Like

I’m not really a fan of patterns on cock rings or male masturbators, but I’m very into patterns for prostate massagers! Feel like I just go numb if it’s 100% max buzz for too long. I’m loving my new Lovense toys because you can make any pattern you want, share it, download other people’s patterns, etc. And because it’s an app, there’s no memorising dozens of settings and how many times you need to click a button to get the right one, it’s just a tap on your phone!

3 Likes

Then they fall asleep from waiting :joy:

1 Like

I personally prefer steady low frequency rumbly vibrations.

My wife prefers the same if she simply wants to orgasm but if she wants to edge herself or make it last then she’ll choose a pattern.

2 Likes

I’m all about the patterns, me - the more inventive the better. I use the constant settings as well, usually when teasing/stroking myself with a toy, but if it’s going to be inserted or kept in one place for any length of time, I find constant vibes a bit boring and numbing. I’d love it if more toys had a setting whereby it switches randomly between patterns. I like a toy to take me by surprise! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sounds like the sex toys of the future lol
In a few years time dildos will be text messaging us telling us where to put them and they are lonely. Haha

3 Likes

It can depend on the type of pattern. Consistent ones without a long pause can be fun, but I can’t stand the “2 in 1” style patterns. I much prefer the constant speeds.

1 Like

I too like having the choice. I do understand where your coming from as when first using toys I just wanted the same pattern too and usually mine was for the strongest setting. Now sometimes I don’t want the the same repeated buzz, so having the option to change it suits me. Plus I often change the pattern whilst in play as I tend to get used to the sensation and want a new vibration to keep me wanting more.

I prefer changing patterns, it prolongs sessions, and keeps me stimulated. If I have a constant strong vibration it makes me numb after a while

2 Likes