Voutured/Birthday discount... anyone had issues?

Hi this morning I tried to buy the 3 for £50 offer on toys, usually I would apply my VIP discount. This morning due to it being the month of my Birthday I recieved a 10% off all orders in my basket... this being a nice touch by LH. The only problem is that is has rendered my usual VIP vouture offer useless.

This only leaves me with a couple of options, buy more stuff I don't need, until my basket is back upto £50 (Which seems daft) or accept the birthday offer and pay more than the order would have been with the usual VIP discount i use.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem? Does anyone else think it would be a good idea if LH added a box to the shopping basket, so we can add codes/offers to our basket and see what we are doing upfront. Instread of having to wait until we go to pay and then having a game sorting out our order.

This is my first major issue with the LH site. Which is usually plain sailing. :(

I know some of the discounts can't combined, or some are applied in a certain order. It seems like in this situation the 10% comes off first to take it to £45, so then you need to spend another £6 at least, cos of 10% thing to get it back to a total over £50 and the VIP kicks in to take it to £40, which seems a good deal to me for £56 worth of stuff? Your basket does update with the right prices from offers etc before you get to the payment screen though.

Least I think that's how it works? Add some lube or stockings or something, one of the staples, you were expecting to have to pay £40 anyway so no difference really, you're just getting extra lube or whatever... The deals and discounts offered by Lh are great, VIP & birthday discounts are generous in my opinion. As a business, they're not gonna give oodles and oodles of discount away I suppose? £10 and 10% is pretty generous, most companies would only allow one or the other to be used

Hope you work it out.

Yeah I see what you mean.. but It seems daft to buy extra stuff i don't need or pay extra and not be able to use my usual VIP vouture. I wouldn't mind if I didn't buy often... but I have spent £200 roughly in about 7 weeks. It would be nice to know I could use what is offered as a loyal customer. Both my other halfs shop here too and spend a fair whack. Which is why we get the VIP voutures to begin with lol.

I'm also finding the 'at the till' offers aren't adding either. It just seems a shame that the basket is the only LH place i'm having issues with. The products sold here are wonderful and the staff are great.

I don't know what you mean by the "at the till" offers but I have had it where some offers cancelled out others, presumably cos they'd just be giving 'too' much away, perhaps this is what is happening here?

As for buying something you don't want, that's why I suggested lube etc, something that gets used often, in essence it's kinf of free, as you were expecting to have to pay £40 anyway, the birthday discount was an unexpected bonus.

Treat yourself to some new knickers or something :)

Suppose you could always ask for help on live chat?

To be honest I think i'm just having a run of bad luck on here at the moment... the last few items i've brought didn't work, then i was gifted an item that didn't work and had to be sent back too. This morning one of my other half tried to place an order, at the till there was an offer for the bubble gum lube? He added... and it still showed up at full price. I think it's just a little glitchy on here at the mo? Anyway enjoy what is left of the weekend. :) xx

Haha new knickers is always a good idea :) xx

I had this last year but tbh thought it went in my favour, just put a couple of extras in as suggested by MTC. I thought LH were doing themselves by applying the percentage discount to the highest amount (i.e. before all other discounts).

Alternatively though, you could try th Live Chat Help to see if they can process the order in the way you want it...

it's cool, to be honest I think your both spot on... it's my birthday month... treat myself huh lol ;-)

Ok I have removed my email and do not wish to chat online. To the person who decided to privately message me having a go at me. I had a very valid point. I came online to buy something that would have cost me £40... because of a discount that was added to my basket... it would have meant I actually ended up paying £45. That was my point.

So only those who wish to chat in a positive light, or those as above, who are kind enough to offer ideas etc... are welcome to contact me. :)

Just ordered something and sussed out the "at the till" thing, you add the product and the price remains the same on the product line in your basket, but the discount amount in this case £3.99 is shown as another discount line below all the products you are ordering, so it sorts of look like the discount hasn't applied but it's on a line down below. On my order I had a fair few products at the top half of the screen, and then the discount lines show below that, with the total at the bottom before the postage options.

It does apply the 10% discount first before the VIP code, so I just added some stockings in to my order, I always need them so win/win for me!

Hope you got your order sorted?

Ahh glad someone could suss it out lol. I haven't placed my order yet... going to leave it until tonight. Going to make a list and stock up on gifts for others and maybe hit a few peoples wish lists too ;-) xx

Yeah, I had this before and I just added something extra to my order to make it back up to £50 again. It doesn't mean you've wasted money since you're still getting both the £10 off and the 10% off... you're just getting something for free instead of saving an extra £3 for the 10% off!

how rude, someone messaging you that way *shakes finger at bad person*.

Treat yourself hun, go wild, may i suugest the faux leather flogger? very naughty indeed lol

Thankyou Blueeyes, I indeed own a faux leather flogger hehe. I have my eye on the Doc J butt plugs, I love anal... but never worn anything for any length of time... wouldn't mind something I can walk around in at work lol. ;-)

I had the same last month where I had a VIP voucher and a birthday discount, so I just added some extras I probably wouldn't have bought but esestially got for free : )

a longer lasting pressie huh :p