Wands for massage

How many people actually use wands for massage? And are they actually any good? Is it just fun massage or could they give any benefit to aches and pains?

im very tempted to buy one for me and Mrs TJ but she's not completely sold on them as purely a sex toy. If I can convince her a wand could provide other benefits, I reckon she'll agree to popping one in the basket.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

It's actually surprisingly effective at foot massage after a heavy day/night on the feet!

Yes we use ours for massage as well . We have the FSOG model. We also have a very large body massager as well. Both of us are into skin sensual so massages are given and received quite a lot .

I used one for massage years ago and they were pretty decent, but alas no, it's just for my selfish pleasure now and we got married! :)

Yes, we use ours for massage. It's really great for shoulders, back etc. really works out the knots :) xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

Yes, we use ours for massage. It's really great for shoulders, back etc. really works out the knots :) xx

Thanks everyone, particularly you Scorp. I know Mrs TJ trusts your judgement!

Actually there is a rational behind this . THe wands that are used as sex toys were develped from the larger wands that are used for massage. So it stands to reason why the body wands can be used for massage as well .

Simples! .

I tried the Bodywand Original for my recent back pain and it did not really work. Yes, momentary relief due to numbing, but no lasting relaxation or pain relief. It feels more itchy than nice to me (for intimate use as well) - don't understand what people see in them.

Talia wrote:

I tried the Bodywand Original for my recent back pain and it did not really work. Yes, momentary relief due to numbing, but no lasting relaxation or pain relief. It feels more itchy than nice to me (for intimate use as well) - don't understand what people see in them.

Just wandring if you are also using proper massage oil as well ?

We love both of our wands and find a massage can aid sleep .Sometimes we use it as a prelude to sex as well.

I think its about time I got the Mrs a masseuse outfit ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I always use mine for massage, we always use massage oil. It's very effective, therapeutic and relaxing unless of course you get carried away and the wand wonders ;)*♡*xx

On this note, I tried using a wand I had hanging around (never even seen a vagina before poor thing) on my other half for massage but since its made of silicone I was worried about using a massage oil with it, Does anyone know if theres any reason not to use a massage oil with silicone? My gut says dont do it.. but if anyone uses wands with oil it regularly and still has a happy wand please let me know! :)

They are so good for massage, nice and rumbly and buzzing on muscle knots

I used mine on various aches and I have to say, it does work! I do always keep mine charged in case I fee like treating myself to at least some massage.

Talia wrote:

It feels more itchy than nice to me (for intimate use as well) - don't understand what people see in them.

I'm the same, whenever I've tried massagers before (ones solely designed for that purpose, not magic wands) the buzzing is irritating and as I'm very slim and petite I feel like they just rattle against my bones which feels horrible. For me, nothing beats strong human hands for a massage.

I have the bodywand ( I think ) for Sexual pleasure I don't like it at all. I can't believe I have never thought to use it for massage! I will get it out of it's dusty box and give it a whirl. I get killer back ache too! X

Echo32B wrote:

On this note, I tried using a wand I had hanging around (never even seen a vagina before poor thing) on my other half for massage but since its made of silicone I was worried about using a massage oil with it, Does anyone know if theres any reason not to use a massage oil with silicone? My gut says dont do it.. but if anyone uses wands with oil it regularly and still has a happy wand please let me know! :)

Anyone able to answer this? I suppose you could just use a water based lube instead of massage oil if it's better for the silicone, but not sure the lube would last.

I think it's safe to say there's plenty of support for using them for massage.

Troubled Joe wrote:

Echo32B wrote:

Anyone able to answer this? I suppose you could just use a water based lube instead of massage oil if it's better for the silicone, but not sure the lube would last.

I think it's safe to say there's plenty of support for using them for massage.

We rub the oil into the skin first and then apply the wand. I know some of you commented on the noise but the FSOG model is probably one of the quietest wands out there . It was recommended to us on that basis by a couple of posters on here.

Our big wand which is a proper massage type is very noisy in comparision but doesn't put us off.

Its also important not to get oil in the ladies delicate area if using it for erotic massage as it could encourage a yeast infection . We tend to use lube for around the said area .

Good quality silicone can be used with oil - think of your kitchen implements! (I have a silicone brush specifically for oiling baking sheets etc...)

But my Bodywand Original is not silicone, and it's not waterproof and I don't want to get oil on things that can't be washed properly. Besides, whereas oil might reduce the itch factor - the buzzy surface vibrations of the Bodywand will never approach anything like the kneading action of human hands. Not to mention the noise (very close to a handmixer) - absolutely the last thing I'd use for a sensual massage to get me ready to sleep.