Wanting to try sounding

Evening all…

Looking into to trying a bit of sounding. Been watching videos… Any one into to this too… Any tips would be appreciated

2 Likes

I’m not into it, my advice stick to things made for it and lube lots of lube.

3 Likes

Use only items designed for sounding and buy from a reputable place (like Lovehoney!)

Keep everything as sterile as possible. If you remove a sound and put it down, do not use it again until you’ve cleaned/sterilised it.

Use plenty of lube. I find dipping the sound in the lube is a good way to coat it. Don’t double dip once you’ve inserted the sound though.

Don’t buy the smallest size (or if you buy a set, don’t start with the smallest size). Start around a 5mm/6mm (or the 3rd or 4th one in the set). The smaller the sound, the easier it is to do damage.

Go slow and steady. Don’t push the sound in. An erection can help but isn’t necessary. Laying back a bit can help too. Basically use gravity and the weight of the sound. Go a small distance and stop, see how it feels and if it is ok so a little further. Don’t feel like you have to go fully in, maybe stop after and inch or 2.

If it hurts, stop.

Once inside, slowly and gently move the sound up and down (without removing it) and/or twirl it around.

When you are ready to remove, remove it just as slowly as you put it in!!

If you bought a set, work up in size but don’t move through them too quickly (the first time maybe only use 1 or 2 sizes). For future play, still start small and work up, don’t start on the one you left off on last time.

There may be a little discomfort after, this is fairly normal.

Have fun and enjoy

3 Likes

I have gotten into sounding fairly recently . The first was a ribbed stainless steel . The first time I laid on my back and let gravity slowly pull it down . I only use single packet sterile lube . Now I will insert it while standing , lube lube lube and go slow . Next I bought a three pack of silicone of different diameters . I have only used one and as far as I can tell , it is way harder to keep lube on it as it goes deeper . It left me feeling a bit uncomfortable for a day or so . As said before , go slow and if it is uncomfortable , STOP ! Some of the videos out there show some unadvisable sounding . Too rough and using bulk lube along with quick insertion and retraction . Watching my cock gobble up 7" of the steel is a nice visual along with some nice deep feelings . Use care and enjoy .

3 Likes

I agree with everything @Calie said, also like @Oldman said silicone seem to irritate a bit, so i would stick to stainless steel.

2 Likes

I’m just starting to experiment with this. I bought the Dominix Deluxe 7.9 mm penis plug as a starter and I really enjoy using it. It’s a very different sensation especially when I come. This seems to be discontinued now but there are similar items on the LH website.
Unfortunately, at the moment, even watching me inserting it really freaks my wife out so it may be a while before I move on to longer sounding rods.

4 Likes

My wife also with the freaking out part .

I’m also quite interested in sounding. In combination with the chastity play we already do, adding the sound would help with cleanliness as it prevents any odd movement. The problem is finding a sound that works with the cages we have.

There are cages with in-build ‘sounds’, perhaps time to try one of those (the one I have is hollow to pee through and also unscrews so you can choose)

I’ve seen a good number of those cages. The problem I have is the ring size. Most of them do not have the in-between size I need to prevent it being too loose or causing damage. Price, of course, is something else I have to take into account.