Warhammer is killing our relationship. Seriously, just WTF??

The collector - I was in a really abusive relationship with someone who would also ignore me all day and night to play WoW. Never EVER again!

Please can people not suggest a break up? Like I say, he isn't a bad fiancé, he isn't a bad person. We're working on a compromise which seems to be going well! :)
I really do appreciate everyone's replies but right now I don't feel like a break up is the right thing to do, but I do get why people would be suggesting, so please don't be offended! It looks like he may have noticed - yesterday he made ma a huuuge cup of tea and we sat in the garden and we sat and talked about everything. Hopefully things calm down from here!
I'm off to Whitby today so it gives him some time to do what he likes, and then he said when he sees me we should switch our phones off and go to the beach or a museum.
I'm also looking to take up another apprenticeship so it'll mean he has time then too, meaning our time will (fingers crossed!) he warhammer free! :)

Sounds really positive huni! I am happy for you sounds like all will be right naturally like I hoped xx

are you any good at sewing? think its time to take warhammer to the bedroom, one thing ive noticed to be common between gamers and geeks is cosplay, have a go at making one of the simpler costumes and see if that grabs his attention

rochelleNE wrote:

are you any good at sewing? think its time to take warhammer to the bedroom, one thing ive noticed to be common between gamers and geeks is cosplay, have a go at making one of the simpler costumes and see if that grabs his attention

Thats a great idea. My Mrs has got a military style uniform for when we play WW2 or modern wargaming.

Its not a bad hobby compared to some but compromise is the way to go. As you are an artist have you thought about painting his figures? Decent money can be made from this as well .But do try and find other avenues into his hobby so you can do more things together .

Oh gosh, Warhammer...
I used to play it when I was a little girl with my brother for hours on end. It sure is overpriced though, and I sick at painting the figures since my arms shake.
I think you should compromise, say that you miss having time together or surprise him with something.
You could also mention that maybe he can have one day a week completely dedicated to Warhammer and not you but the rest are to be spent with you. If it's about the forums then simply suggest a "no phones allowed" time but make it exciting by promising him something in return.
If it's impossible to fix then please have a serious conversation with him and explain your feelings, don't suggest to completely cut it out, only reduce it.
Hope that it all goes well for you! My boyfriend is the same with work, he's a workaholic but I didn't mention anything, only one night when I got upset when I was drunk and since then he has managed to spend his time around me much better, sure he might check his phone for emails or start working but if he does he apologises or gives me kisses or cuddles while he does it. I don't say anything because I know how important it is for him but then again a hobby isn't the same as work.

HappyHippy wrote:

Mysteron - I've tried joining in.. i play silver tower, a few games here and there, and wouldn't take away his hobby. The problem is, his hoby has taken him away.

I've tried the give and take side, and i'm really trying, but he is so stubborn! He won't even talk about it.

Lady S - we tried setting a day aside for dates, but he was too busy putting models together so we ended up cancelling (after i was already there...)

Raven - i totally understand that time goes by quickly, but saying he would be in at three (i made potato cakes. he likes potato cakes) and then leaving at seven annoyed me, especially when i messaged him and he didnt bother replying. I wouldn't say ive ever attacked him, after all, it's his cup of tea, but i've tried talking to him and he just gets defensive anyway.. I've tried telling him how i feel and he says "well i'm not justy going to not have hobbies", which irritates me, because at no point have i ever attacked him, slated his hobby, or asked him to give it up, ever..

I usually have to spend 9:30 until around 8:30 at uni (i'm a glass artist and ceramicist), then fridays are spent as a family day because our building shuts at 4:30, and he has loads of time between them to do as much as he likes without me there distracting him. i also work during holidays. All i asked for was sundays to go for a walk to the beach (20 minutes away) or the park (over the road) and i still don't get that. like i say, just one day.

I feel kinda bad for seeming to hate his hobby, because i dont. i have nothing bad to say about it! But spending all of my time watching him stare at plastic isn't fun at all. he's an absolute sweetheart, but sometimes it feels like he puts more time into his hobby than our relationship.

we were supposed to be viewing a wedding venue and he turned up late (with his case full of minatures) because he was playing at the shop, which he didnt tell me. like seriously? he barely helps with wedding planning because of putting models together to begin with, but that just took the biscuit...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest thing ever. "I made potato cakes. He likes potato cakes. " I died a little inside when I read that, so adorable.

Lie on the bed naked with some of the figures spread about your body and he may discover there's better games to play if he doesn't maybe it's time to get rid

nodrog wrote:

Lie on the bed naked with some of the figures spread about your body and he may discover there's better games to play if he doesn't maybe it's time to get rid

hmm im not sure that would go down well, gamers have a tendancy to be overly protective of there toys i think it could end up in ructions

As mummymermaid described her situation also starts to happen too me and many i know in the WoW community. Not the child part but the rest. It slowly goes away, because lets face it, its freaking boring sitting at the computer 24/7, 365 for 7-10 years straight! Im sure he understands aswell that a relationship is more important then the computer. Get him to go out and do fun things with you and make him see what he miss when hes at computer, but also make him see what it would be like if he didnt have you AT ALL. Tell him you need to spend more time together or something. If you dont show him what its like without you he will think that when you do stuff togheter he have it MADE. He get food made without effort, can sit at the computer and do whatever and whenever he feels like it, get to fuck or do fun things.

Good Luck!

Sounds pretty accurate of the life and relationships of us Wow players!