Waxing kits

When I do wax my legs and bikini I tend to get these warm wax rollers by veet, you put warm water into the roller to heat the wax. I've only found them in the £1 shop, which is great, but they can't get hold of them anymore. Often I would need about 2 to wax my whole legs and bikini, and came with the strips needed, which is an excellent for £2.

I can't really afford to get it done somewhere else, and normally my OH is willing to wax my legs etc for me - he's very good at it.

Anyway I'm looking for a good kit, that's cheap, I don't have a microwave, so was thinking of getting a kit that heats the wax. I'm not expecting to be able to find things as cheaply, but I would like to find a kit that'll last a long time. Also I'd like to find a warm/ hot wax which is affordable but kind to sensative skin? I'm guessing I'll have to start buying strps too, as most don't come with any?

So are there any kits anyone can recommend?

Is there anything similar to the waxing roller thing I use to get? Though, I'm thinking a tub would be better as sometimes the roller would catch on hairs when applying the wax.

'tis a shame laser won't really work on me due to my hair being so light, also those creams are like putting acid onto my skin *ouch*.

i would recommend going and having a browse on http://www.beautyexpress.co.uk

it stocks everything a beauty therapist needs and has a whole section for waxing equipment. i was in a similar dilemma myself with waxing as i wax my legs and bikini but didn't want to pay for a salon and was struggling with rubbish stuff from boots/ superdrug.

i can't recommend a kit because what i decided to do was buy all the bits and pieces i needed but from different brands- all from beauty express- because i didn't know which brands were good and which weren't so thought it best to mix and match.

so i ended up with a babyliss wax heater, strips, spatulas, two types of wax- a creme wax which is better for normal hair and a warm wax which is better for coarse hair. i also bought a pre wax lotion and an after wax lotion. i got 10% off and free delivery and think i spent about £50 all in all which isn't bad considering that so far it's done a really good job and will last me a long long time.

as for a wax for sensitive skin- i would recommend a creme wax but beauty express will have waxes specially designed for sensitive skin.

I was just looking at this but have no experience of it, which is a bit useless I suppose.... It's much more than you have been paying though... I can't decide whether to try it or not?

http://www.boots.com/en/Veet-Easy-Wax-Electrical-Roll-On-Kit_1242307/?cm_re=c9094_rot1-_-product-_-veet_easy_wax_roll_on&cm_sp=brand_treatment-_-c9094-_-c9094_rot1

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I was just looking at this but have no experience of it, which is a bit useless I suppose.... It's much more than you have been paying though... I can't decide whether to try it or not?

http://www.boots.com/en/Veet-Easy-Wax-Electrical-Roll-On-Kit_1242307/?cm_re=c9094_rot1-_-product-_-veet_easy_wax_roll_on&cm_sp=brand_treatment-_-c9094-_-c9094_rot1

Interesting, I'll have to take a look at boots. It's very different to the one I was getting, though the one I purchased wasn't english. It might work just as well, maybe even better as it's electric powered, which'll keep the wax warmer for longer (the one I used just used very hot water).

I've had a look at your link katmiaow and am considering getting one of their start kits, but I'll have to see.

Let me know how you get on Nymph, I also looked at the site Katmiaow linked and saw a couple I was interested in, so now don't know what to do, which usually means for me I'll do nothing haha!

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Let me know how you get on Nymph, I also looked at the site Katmiaow linked and saw a couple I was interested in, so now don't know what to do, which usually means for me I'll do nothing haha!

Will do. I might even write a little review on my blog - people are always searching for hair removal. =)

It's my Birthday next month, so might have to wait until then to get a kit, but I'll see if my local boots stock the veet roller, and ask to take a look/ maybe purchase. =)

This post is no longer available.

Ananke wrote:

You can use a babies milk bottle warmer to warm the wax to the correct temperature. I would check out your local beauty suppliers, Sally's are usually all over the place, there you can get the wax, strips and spatulars. I would also suggest getting couch roll to cover any surfaces.

I would also suggest that you use sugar wax, as you are not a professional, if you get any drips etc this can be washed out of fabrics, the rest don't and you will never get them out.

I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable using a baby bottle warmer, I'd feel awkward due to personal reasons. But it's an interesting idea, and I'm sure their are some people who already have one, so they'll save money.

The wax I use to use was a honey wax, I think. But I have tile flooring in a lot of my rooms, so don't really have to worry about it ruining fabrics etc =)

I found a re-fill for the roller behind the sink today, though annoyingly don't have a roller. I'm guessing as it was warmed with water I can still do that, and apply it with a spatula stick? Though it'll only do a small amount.