We Vibe Rave owners...

If anyone read my query on the Red Hot Flickering Tongue you'll have realised that I'm not very good at sticking things in holes ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

After good advice here I learned to poke the charging pin in deep enough to make a connection - thanks, everyone.

So, my Rave... well, I thought I was having the same problem. I've tried charging it several times but was a bit timid pushing the pin in, so yesterday I took the plunge and plunged it in and... nothing! One little blink and that was it.

I actually read the instructions for this and was expecting a flashing light while charging. Nothing after the single blink so I paired it with my phone and the battery went down from 2% to 0%. As soon as I take the pin out it starts with a few rapid flashes then nothing.

I'm always careful with my toys and have always been wary of poking the charger in too far with this kind of system, but I'm so disappointed with my Rave. The only thing I can console myself with is the fact that it wasn't one of my favourite toys.

I'm now officially a fan of magnetic chargers, even if they can be a bit fiddly. I'm paranoid now that my beloved Tongue might go the same way so am determined to wear it out before the guarantee runs out ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Is the Rave so old that it's out of warranty? If you bought it within the last year, return it. Manufacturing defects do happen in mass production, though I'm happy to say that my Rave is still alive.

Hi Talia,

Thanks for replying. No, it's out of warranty - unfortunately.

I didn't use it that much so am not heartbroken about it. Just annoyed that an expensive item has died so quickly.

I won't be replacing it as I've found other toys have been more enjoyable (and half the price!). I always thought I'd replace my Tango (I'm on my third!), but my Red Hot Flickering Tongue has knocked it off the top spot.