Weird Buzz

This might sound weird but we have been reviewing some toys and have come to the same conclusion on the last few clit stimuli toys, they are to buzzy. Try and stay with me, I dont mean to noisy I mean like a pin point buzz. Is anyone else seeing this? is this what people want? are we being weird?

I cant think how else to put it in words other than to buzzy, we want a bullet that rumbles rather than fizzes!? The Mantric bullet is the closest thing we have but not when its at full charge, so its hard to have it right straight out the draw.

If anyone is still reading and understands what on earth im going on about, do you have any bullets that rumble?

šŸ˜€ we know what you are talking about and it's been mentioned before by a few forum members that they prefer a rumble more than a buzzy vibration. We love the Desire, Tango and the Mantric bullets for this reason.

The Tango and the Desire. šŸ‘

Oh I skim the forums and not seen it come up before and thanks for the suggestions.

I ment some newer toys on the market are buzzy and wondered if its what people want these days?

Some people prefer the higher frequency (buzzy) vibes, and some the lower frequency (rumbly) vibes. I'd be surprised if toy designers phased out either one. Maybe it's just the last couple of toys you picked were of the buzzy variety? What did the other reviews say?

Thank you, higher frequency was the words I'm looking for :)

And no reviews on the items im talking about yet but I wonder if LH would concider a 'frequency' rating type thing when selling them? :) just an idea.

I'd actually quite like them to include more tech information in the spec section. Frequency would definitely be in there, and battery type and size for the rechargeables. I thought I had a few more, but I can't remember them now. Weight would be good. And accurate sizing for toys with a taper/non-regular form. šŸ‘

My wife is one who prefers strong rumbly to buzzy.

She finds that high frequency vibrations numb her clitoris and she is sometimes unable to orgasm.

If there are reviews for the product they usually mention the type of vibration but without reviews it is difficult to quantify the frequency of the vibrations in any meaningful way.

One persons 'buzzy' might be another persons 'rumbly'.

I worked my way up from the cheaper buzzy vibes to the more expensive ones. The more expensive ones are definitely rumblier, though hats off to Lovehoney for bringing out the Mantric bullet which can be found on offer quite frequently.

Tango has never really been bumped off the top spot for me. I just wish they'd make one in a silicone coat. I've tried the Touch and while it's a lovely rumbly toy, it's not pinpoint.

I'd have saved a fortune if I'd just settled with the first few cheap vibes but what price ultimate pleasure?

I like strong and rumbly - my first choice is now discontinued but it's the Fifty Shades of Grey purple Bullet. Second choice is also fantastic - the Desire bullet. The Desire is quieter.

Mantic and Tango also great.

I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to different frequencies, battery types etc. Desire works for me - stronger and more powerful than Mantric, I think, but Mantric also has a good following.

I have fed back to Lovehoney that more good quality recharchable bullets are in short supply - a good gap in the market waiting to be filled.

I've got a rechargeable Tracey Cox one but it isn't very powerful - good on a budget, tho.

@ Ian Chimp:

So, am I right in understanding that higher frequency toys are more buzzy, and lower frequency more rumbly? What does this have to do wih different rechargable batteries, and how do we all know? How do we describe it all when we write reviews? What do we watch out for?

Spill the beans, you know about this stuff...!

MsR wrote:

@ Ian Chimp:

So, am I right in understanding that higher frequency toys are more buzzy, and lower frequency more rumbly? What does this have to do wih different rechargable batteries, and how do we all know? How do we describe it all when we write reviews? What do we watch out for?

I'm no expert (just an enthusiastic amateur šŸ™‚), but I think the buzzy vibes are high frequency and the rumbly vibes are low frequency. šŸ‘ I think of it as buzzy = mosquito whine, and rumbly = belly laughs. It's a continuum rather than an either/or, and sometimes the patterns can add some rumbles even if the continuous speeds were more buzzy, but I think that's roughly right.

We find the Mantric toys more rumbly than the Desire ones (apart from the Desire Bullet, which is a bit of an outlier). That's not to say the Desire toys aren't rumbly or enjoyable, but I'd say the Mantrics have a lower frequency. Though I'd be interested to know what everyone else thinks.

The battery type and size is a separate bit of info not connected to the frequency, but it's something I'd find useful/interesting.

Hopefully other people will brave the forum jumble and add their tuppence worth too. šŸ‘šŸ™‚

This is partly why I no longer bother buying battery-powered vibes, it seems that the rechargeable, more expensive toys are more rumbly.

Iā€™m waiting patiently until I get a good offer code for the Tango. šŸ¤ž

Ian Chimp wrote:

MsR wrote:

@ Ian Chimp:

I'm no expert (just an enthusiastic amateur šŸ™‚), but I think the buzzy vibes are high frequency and the rumbly vibes are low frequency. šŸ‘ I think of it as buzzy = mosquito whine, and rumbly = belly laughs. It's a continuum rather than an either/or, and sometimes the patterns can add some rumbles even if the continuous speeds were more buzzy, but I think that's roughly right.

We find the Mantric toys more rumbly than the Desire ones (apart from the Desire Bullet, which is a bit of an outlier). That's not to say the Desire toys aren't rumbly or enjoyable, but I'd say the Mantrics have a lower frequency. Though I'd be interested to know what everyone else thinks.

The battery type and size is a separate bit of info not connected to the frequency, but it's something I'd find useful/interesting.

Hopefully other people will brave the forum jumble and add their tuppence worth too. šŸ‘šŸ™‚

Totally agree. The Desire is really strong but I only find it near rumbly on the low settings. The Tango and Mantric are lower frequency (to me) and don't irritate like the Desire can.

I love the Desire bullet and the other Desire vibrating toys.

I have a collection of Mantric too - they are great, but Desire wins for me.

I don't quite know how to describe the frequency etc, but for me Mantric is great looking and fab for everyday - Desire is a bit more of a challenge in terms of size of toys (except the bullet - always good) but definitely good for special occasions. Seem to have a deeper / stronger vibe.

Except the Fifty Shades bullet - now discontinued - was even better than all of the above :-) Bit noisy, tho.

I'm rambling now (not rumblng) so I'll see everyone another day!

I can't tell from this jumbled up thread who has said what most recently.

But I had my Desire toy box out this morning - I like the power but the size is a bit of a challenge (bullet aside).

Meanwhile my Mantric box was charging - less power, I find, but easier to use with the exception of the 'rabbit' - I find it too bulbous to be comfortable to begin with.

I guess mixing and matching is the way to go.

To be honest, despite a growing collection, a good looking glass dildo and a powerful vibe (mantric, desire, tango, 50 shades) tends to do the trick :-) These are the things my OH is happy to join in with, too.