Weird Thoughts

I was sitting in bed this morning and i thought to myself if everyone in the world jumped up and down at the same time would the planet be thrown off its orbital rotation and sent hurtling through space.

The answer is probably no but i wondered if anyone else had any strange thoughts like that or if it was just me.

Sounds a lot like the "if a tree fell in a forest when no-one was around, would it still make a noise?"

Yeah, i sometimes have weird thoughts too. Usually give a headache! lol

That one gives me a headache thinking about it. In my version there is always a no eared chipmunk with a saw and a cheeky smile on his face.

Catnip wrote:

Sounds a lot like the "if a tree fell in a forest when no-one was around, would it still make a noise?"

Yeah, i sometimes have weird thoughts too. Usually give a headache! lol

lol

6 billion people, or is it 7 now?

Anyway, lets say 80kg per person (lots of skinny people to offset some of the more portly sorts).

How many metric tons of human is that left momterily dangling in space?

I guess it would have to be everyone on just one side of the planet. If everyone did it, the surely people on opposite sides of the globe would cancel each other out?

Na, you would casue all sorts of border disputes if you only wanted half to jump. lol

6,500,000,000 x 80kg = 520,000,000 tonnes?

I do not think that is enough mass to make a difference.

Noon wrote:

Na, you would casue all sorts of border disputes if you only wanted half to jump. lol

6,500,000,000 x 80kg = 520,000,000 tonnes?

I do not think that is enough mass to make a difference.

Would they jump on three or after three ....who would decide?

Would the one, two, three be in English or another language..... who would decide?

Which side of the world would we all go to....who would decide?

Then there's the carbon footprint, would we have to pay extra to offset the travel for all these people to get to one side of the world?

Would there be enough car parking space? Would there be enough space for all the extra trains, buses and planes involved. Would the additional weight of all that transportation make a difference?

Who would supply the food...what sort would it be....who would decide?

Once all these decisions had been made, someone would object and an appeal would be have to be held followed by another appeal. Many, many years down the line we would be ready..... only the moment will have passed and no one will want to do it anymore!

LMF xx

what if the whole world sang the same song at the same time, would it make the world vibrate?

Blueeyes82 wrote:

what if the whole world sang the same song at the same time, would it make the world vibrate?

We might have a shot if they all used microphones.

If everyone jumped, nothing would happen, even the mass of 7 billion people isn't enough to overcome the strength of the Earth's gravitational force and knock it out of alignment.

I wonder how long it would take a silly rumour to reach from here to the USA and back again and how many times it would change.................

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

Would they jump on three or after three ....who would decide?

lol Lethal Weapon, lovit!

And as for vibrating, this is a sex toy site - lets unite the world with a buzzzzzzz mmmm :)

ohhhhh lets see if alice will allow us to use lh's stock of rabbits.....................how many rabbits will it take to make bristol vibrate??

Surely you'd have to only have people jump on one side (assuming it would work), because it'd be like squashing a ball...you'd only compress the outer edge, not knock it to one side.

I have always wondered why Pringles have a resealable lid when once you pop you can't stop?

I always get them when making a cup of tea. wondering what it would be like to add a spoon of coffee. I am going on Dragons Den with my new invention

Teafee

chky mnky wrote:

I always get them when making a cup of tea. wondering what it would be like to add a spoon of coffee. I am going on Dragons Den with my new invention

Teafee

unfortunatley that one has been done by my flatmate in first year at uni. Teafee leaves alot to be desired (sorry to burst your bubble CM) :( not as good as it sounds

Plants can eat and breathe, but can they see or hear?

my weird thought is: how many people in average on this planet masterbate per day?

hornster wrote:

I wonder sometimes what it would be like to put yourself in an envelope and post yourself.

H

The state some of my parcels arrive from the postoffice, I doubt you would make it out alive !!! LOL

Hazy wrote:

chky mnky wrote:

Teafee

unfortunatley that one has been done by my flatmate in first year at uni. Teafee leaves alot to be desired (sorry to burst your bubble CM) :( not as good as it sounds

Plants can eat and breathe, but can they see or hear?

It's interesting to try it with different teas and coffees. It doesn't work so well when using instant :/