weird ways of meeting your partner?

I met my OH at church, well more specifically a christian outreach mission in a marquee on a field.
6 weeks later we were engaged and 9 months after that we were married in the same church both aged 21.
It will be our 14th wedding anniversary in 4 weeks time. :-). Still smiling so can't be doing too bad.

mrs average wrote:

I met my OH at church, well more specifically a christian outreach mission in a marquee on a field.
6 weeks later we were engaged and 9 months after that we were married in the same church both aged 21.
It will be our 14th wedding anniversary in 4 weeks time. :-). Still smiling so can't be doing too bad.

Oh Wow Mrs A! That's lovely!

My oh sent me a friend request on zedge (a website for your mobile) aha then one thing led to another and here we are :)

The OH saved me from my ex and his mates as they were beating me up and pushed me into a railing. He then walked over to me to see if i was ok and they ran off.

I met my other half though a Church bonfire night, I had arranged to give a girl from church a lift to a bonfire party, this other young lady overheard and asked if I could give her a lift to.

Not only did she ask for a lift she invited heself back to my flat for coffee, my "date" declined, so the two of us talked until the early hours.

Obviously that was early November, within six weeks we knew that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, we got engaged on St Patrick's day and had the Christmas wedding that the now Mrs HH had dreamed of since she was a little girl.

We will have been married 22 years this December, three children later was are still very much in love and our sex life is as good as it has ever been.

Bonfire night is always special for us.

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

I met my other half though a Church bonfire night, I had arranged to give a girl from church a lift to a bonfire party, this other young lady overheard and asked if I could give her a lift to.

Not only did she ask for a lift she invited heself back to my flat for coffee, my "date" declined, so the two of us talked until the early hours.

Obviously that was early November, within six weeks we knew that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, we got engaged on St Patrick's day and had the Christmas wedding that the now Mrs HH had dreamed of since she was a little girl.

We will have been married 22 years this December, three children later was are still very much in love and our sex life is as good as it has ever been.

thats FREAKIN ADORABLE hh :))))

rubysoho wrote:

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

Our second date was in a bar looking at the view in my avatar, watching the ladies singles final at Wimbledon on a black and white TV, one year later we moved into our first house switched on the TV and Ivan Lendle was playing at Wimbledon. Next weekend Mrs G will be in Germany, saturday we go around Hanover, Sunday we watch the Tennis....just 31 yrs after the first time.

gunther wrote:

rubysoho wrote:

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

Our second date was in a bar looking at the view in my avatar, watching the ladies singles final at Wimbledon on a black and white TV, one year later we moved into our first house switched on the TV and Ivan Lendle was playing at Wimbledon. Next weekend Mrs G will be in Germany, saturday we go around Hanover, Sunday we watch the Tennis....just 31 yrs after the forst time.

ach you guys are killin me !

rubysoho wrote:

Our second date was in a bar looking at the view in my avatar, watching the ladies singles final at Wimbledon on a black and white TV, one year later we moved into our first house switched on the TV and Ivan Lendle was playing at Wimbledon. Next weekend Mrs G will be in Germany, saturday we go around Hanover, Sunday we watch the Tennis....just 31 yrs after the forst time.

ach you guys are killin me !

thinks....many men are more romance inclined than women......dont really have any proof though

we dont even like tennis....just LOVE strawberrys and cream LMAO

what i wouldnt give for a MILD dose of romance in my life . im not askin much , just someone who likes to hold hands an watch telly lol . doomed to die aloooone

rubysoho wrote:

what i wouldnt give for a MILD dose of romance in my life . im not askin much , just someone who likes to hold hands an watch telly lol . doomed to die aloooone

my wife told me that out of her (predominantly female) colleagues only one other couple give christmas and birthday prezzies and I am the only male who buys flowers as a surprise.....bloody shocking that was to me

presents are nice , sure , but theyre of no importance to me . id prefer someone penniless who was rich and giving with their affections if im honest .

rubysoho wrote:

presents are nice , sure , but theyre of no importance to me . id prefer someone penniless who was rich and giving with their affections if im honest .

Oh we have been penniless, still managed to give each other something, its not the price it is the thought, Mrs G works in a university, her colleagues are well able to afford to give a gift but dont, however when there is a wedding they all splash out on new outfits. I simply dont get it.

gunther wrote:

rubysoho wrote:

Oh we have been penniless, still managed to give each other something, its not the price it is the thought, Mrs G works in a university, her colleagues are well able to afford to give a gift but dont, however when there is a wedding they all splash out on new outfits. I simply dont get it.

pound shop / charity shop finds make ace gifts

rubysoho wrote:

gunther wrote:

rubysoho wrote:

pound shop / charity shop finds make ace gifts

We often buy each other little gifts, but the best ones are the cups of tea made without having to ask or the hugs or even just holding hands.

I 100% agree with that Hampshire Hogg. :D sometimes the simple things can mean so much more.

in a medical centre!!! checks you over to make sure your fit to race she rung me a week after seeing how i was went for adrink and away we go!!

in a medical centre!!! checks you over to make sure your fit to race she rung me a week after seeing how i was went for adrink and away we go!!

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

We often buy each other little gifts, but the best ones are the cups of tea made without having to ask or the hugs or even just holding hands.

me and my OH are like that, if we have some money and out shopping or even internet shopping, we sometimes buy each other something as well as what we want. but i love him just making me a 'tuppatea'.

besides xmas n bday, the only time we get a big(ish) present is for our anniversary. and purely on coincidence for our 1st anniversary we got each other the same present and so i told him that its gotta be the same present each year, though this year (4 years together!) we struggled and compromised on buying a canvas print of a holiday pic

S