what are these 'loyalty points'?

Hi Imelda!

Yes, we have been having a lot of fun lately! Then again it's really new for me to dress up and use toys... hopefully the novelty will wear off - it's expensive when you get as carried away as I have been lately. Just really enjoying sexy clothes and toys all of a sudden - after years of almost completely sex-less marriage.

Love your profile pic by the way. Looks fab. Really want to post something like that soon :0) And really want to change my profile name!!! What was I thinking? So want something much sexier!

@PinkMilk - Yes you can! Send customer care a message with your order numbers or e-mail address if you don't know them, and they have a magic widget which they can use to retrieve your points.

Glad you're having fun!

im so having alot of problems with this ipoints thing, i must have signed up with them a few years ago as i keep getting email froms them but it was only the other day that i saw lovehoney was doing this i point thing so my bloke did it for me and joined my accounts or something cos i already have an ipoint account. it says i have 155points but i should have more then that as i bought some stuff yesterday from here and when i look on there website it says my email is not valid and when i try and fix it, its just not working. really dont have a clue what to do!

can anyone help?

Dxx

It takes ages for points from an order to be added, but think you have a differnt problem. Get your bloke in coz he obviously understands it!

Points can take a few weeks to be added I think from my experience

oooooh thanks imelda,

and i will ask the bloke, but he tends to get annoyed with me and the laptop after a while cos of my blondeness! lol

i got told off the other day for calling something a modem when its not! (his a computer geek :P) lol

Dxx

I can log into my ipoints but I don't seem to be gettig any points added too just like Diamonds, I ticked the box saying I didn't want any emails and I still get them every other day, think I'm gonna sign off from them, even though it says you can buy things from LH oIn there now, I'd rather just buy when I hav the money to

xxxx

Yeah I'm getting more spam from decent companies now and feel it must be because ipoints sold my email address, nothing else makes sense.

I closed my ipoints account and I instantly recieved three emails from them, along the lines of:

1. Melissa, bonus points now available

2. We're sorry you've decided to close your accout

3. Come back to ipoints and we'll give you bonus points

bloody hell!!!

I hope thats the last of it now lol

xxx

Just did mine as well, they don't make it easy to find out how to leave. Seriously I am getting tonnes of spam from Head & Shoulders and Lacoste and I know I haven't given my details to anyone. Even though my ipoints said I shouldn't be receiving any emails, I am absolutely sure they sold my details. NOT a happy bunny. Why do companies think that harassing you is going to work?

God knows, I closed my account earlier and I've got another email off them since! Do I want to win a HDready TV and xbox360??? If I wanted to get that then I wouldn't have left would I???????

xxx

Have you tried flagging them as spam? I know that'd work on gMail...

As it happens, I love iPoints... as much as I love Toluna, YouGov, OnePoll, MutualPoints... and all the rest! The points I get on there are pretty useful - vouchers and money for the summer when I will be penniless! lol

Thank you Ruth!

xxx

We're sorry if anyone's getting e-mail they don't want from ipoints.

We're always really careful to only e-mail people when they have opted in to receive messages from us.

We suspected ipoints might work differently so give the details on how to opt out on the Loyalty Scheme info page...

And here too!

Check your ipoints e-mail preferences

When you have joined ipoints, please log in to your account on the ipoints site and check the permission that you give ipoints to contact you.

By default, ipoints will send you offers and surveys by e-mail and in the post.

If you don't want to receive them, go to the My Personal Information screen, uncheck the Mailing boxes and click the grey "Validate the changes" button at the bottom.