What are you currently doing? (Archive Oct 2019 - Apr 2022)

My plumber does not even think about starting work till he has had at least one cup of tea and more often than not starts the job taking his second cup with him.

2 Likes

@WillC @SteelA1 only shows class in my book respect them they respect you and your house, I am with you mate when the electrician came to sort the electrics for us this year we made sure he had everything he wanted I added a job for to do which I missed he did it at cost for me, we looked after him he looked after us, told him Iā€™d highly recommend him to anyone I know :+1:

4 Likes

Definitely always offer workmen a drink, they usually turn it down but itā€™s polite to ask especially if theyā€™re around for a long time. In hot weather bottles of water must get warm (yuk!) And flasks donā€™t keep drinks hot all day. If someone is my house or garden all day or for a few days Iā€™d like to have a good relationship with them! I like to chat to people and workmen are no different, they probably get fed up with me :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

@Green_Eyed_Girl I was convinced you will way up in Scotland. I did not realise Cornwall has having such bad weather. Iā€™m glad I have no holidays planned yet then. Its such a lovely county when the sun shines. Hopefully you will get more of a summer soon. I once had a girlfriend from Newquay, she was lovely but the distance between us was 300 odd miles and we were very young.

@steve19 yes, what alot of people dont realise is we also get some of the highest rainfall in the uk, have alot of seafog, incredibly variable weather and a ton of storms every year. Most of this is due to the fact we kind of have a microclimate as a county. All that water around us.
We get alot of spots that have incredibly localised climate conditions too. Its pretty normal to drive a few miles and have the weather drastically shift. Ive seen it torrentially rain on one side of the street and be sunny on the other.
So, yes. We have odd weather. Its not perpetually sunny and warm here, despite what people think :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
(Plus, we had a very dry april and have this Easterly wind atm, which is super cold. So it is resulting in alot of seafog and low cloud. Recently inwas starting to wonder if we where ever going to see the sun again)

2 Likes

Having just got A on expert level on beat saber Iā€™ve worked up a sweat (great work out when wearing jiggle balls!) and this Arvo itā€™s Sunday lunch!

3 Likes

I will be getting my stuff ready for work tomorrow off on the road to Chipping campden stop over night then drive over to Wembley stop the night there and then back home Wednesday :+1:

5 Likes

@WillC @Kitty-Cat01 @Onlyones @Gazza_64 itā€™s just being polite! As I say Iā€™d never expect it but itā€™s appreciated, especially in this weather! I always chat to the customers, nothing wrong with building a rapport with someone, especially if theyā€™re going to be there for a while as you say @Kitty-Cat01

Donā€™t get wrong I donā€™t think any less of people If they donā€™t offer a brew and certainly donā€™t put anything less into the job! Itā€™s just nice to offered!

3 Likes

Cooking moussaka and drinking beer!
Who said blokeā€™s canā€™t multi-taskā€‹:joy:

4 Likes

Moussaka? Whereā€™s the burgers at? :joy: enjoy mate :ok_hand:

1 Like

Cheers mate, Iā€™m looking forward to the moussaka but I cook it from scratch and takes me two days but itā€™s so worth it. I miss my beloved Greek Isles and have become a budding greek chef over the last year or so.

2 Likes

Are you Greek mate?

No, Iā€™m through and through black country but my heart lies in the places I love the most in the most welcoming country Iā€™ve visited many many times. :greece:

2 Likes

My dad always said the same about Greece! :ok_hand:

1 Like

About 18 years ago we did a loft conversion for this couple! (When I worked for a firm) husband was away on the rigs most of the time snd she was a right battle axe! No brews ever and she was constantly moaning! It was Xmas time and we where finishing up on the 23rd for the break! She shouted us down (there where 6 of us on the job) went down to full table laid out Asif it was Christmas Day and she sat us down to a full dinner with all the trimmings! We where all shocked! She apologised for the way sheā€™d been and said it was nothing personal itā€™s just the way she was and she struggles with certain things! We felt bad instantly as weā€™d probably said a few choice words about her! Itā€™s funny because she was one of the nicest people weā€™d met after sitting and having dinner with her! After Xmas there where no brews again though :man_shrugging:t3::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Logging on from home onto my work pc after a week off, preparing for a pile of emails to wade through :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Out for a walk in the morning sunshine as the old knees wonā€™t stand up to another run today. :grin::sun_with_face:

1 Like

Working online and resisting the temptation to go back and snuggle with the dog instead!

1 Like

Much like @digdog2001 - back from a fantastic holiday week in Cornwall with loads of sun, surf, fantastic food etc with great friends :sunny: :surfing_woman: :lobster: ā€¦

Now back to the humdrum of conference calls, emails, sorting sh*t out! :phone: :e-mail: :rage:

2 Likes

Yes, reality :exploding_head:

1 Like