What are you currently doing? (Oct19-Feb21)

Reading about Artemisia Gentileschi a female seventeen century artist. There’s a canvas of the classically beautiful Judith and Abra both in equally fabulous dresses, looking over their shoulders as if called from behind. Great piece – a perfectly captured moment. Then you notice Judith has a big f*ck off sword over her shoulder and the Abra has a bearded head in her basket!

In addition to a graphic illustration of Judith actually beheading Holofernes, there’s another painting of Jael about to hammer a tent peg through Sisera’s temple (a Canaanite general). Anyone with even the slightest feminist tendencies needs to know about this bad ass lady.

Beard wearers beware! It just gives them something to grip on

:crossed_swords:

5 Likes

Indeed ! I’ve moved on to dusting now…a job I hate! :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Dust central here, plaster dust! Itching for builders to finish bathroom we can resume normality, or what normality resembles nowadays!

1 Like

It was @carzy it was 7 days since I did anything with myself so was definitely needed ha

3rd cuppa getting made. Going to get dressed. I need to go to the shop in the next hour because I hate going in the dark

1 Like

Bet that job can’t end quick enough eh @WillC

1 Like

No, possibly tomorrow! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

sat at my desk thinkin’ wtf am i doin workin…lmao
i must be mad…
toddles to coffee machine…oooh tgft

3 Likes

‘Tidying/sorting’ aka curled up on my bed watching Merlin on Netflix :joy:

2 Likes

Listening to football

@Gylf48 good question why are you working on a Saturday is it the norm ?

1 Like

lmao…erm… i plead insanity your honour…hehe
crucial times, call for xtra hrs. got a shop front to redesign and all sorts.
there was a guy local who did plans at mates rates…tryin to hunt down his number (in a poopton of undone old boxed filing,cos i know it’s in there somewhere…lol).
some weekends are like that… suck em up, cos i get so much downtime when choose to take it. very lucky like that. but i had to do one to refocus… levelling off again now tho…
be enjoyin my evenin for sure… might hang around a bit here too if i can…buti get dragged off for convo’s where we are allowed to connect. lol

2 Likes

It’s all about balance work life that is and good when you can connect, if you are your own I hope your good to yourself lol :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Great series @MsSubExperimenter, I’ve always been fascinated by King Arthur & Merlin :slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

@Knight1119 my middle name after the great King :prince: lol :joy:

1 Like

at the moment i am…so i am very…good to myself…
but plans afoot in all directions and i am lovin it.
spoilt for choice.

think i’m feelin a shower and some me time with my goodies tonight tbf… only have to read what you lot up to and it sets me off. lol

2 Likes

@Gylf48 enjoy and take your time don’t miss a spot lol :baguette_bread::sweat_drops:

1 Like

when i do disappear…u know it’s to whatsapp… int technology brilliant for mutual masturbation

2 Likes

Great name @Gazza_64 lol :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One of the best @Knight1119

1 Like

You have to do what you have to do hun :kissing_heart:

1 Like