What Are Your Tips for Sexual Happiness?

Hey everyone!

If you've been following the Lovehoney blog or social media channels recently, you'll probably have seen us talking a lot about sexual happiness. After all, we're the sexual happiness people!

But we'd love to get your views on what sexual happiness is. What does it mean to you? What are your tips for a sexually happy life? And how does Lovehoney help you to be sexually happy?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Sammi

For me sexual happiness is having regular sex with my partner, being open with each other and trying new things. Of course the items available on Lovehoney allow us to try new and different fantasies, and the affordable price of most items only makes it easier.

Communication! Nothing is more important and for us Lovehoney really opened up our communication. I first found lh when shopping for lingerie for my wedding, in the process I started sending my partner (now husband) links, massage candles, oil, blindfold, mini wand.... Each link led to conversations, which led to more satisfying (and increasingly experimental) sex. It helped us express our like, dislikes and desires, in and out of the bedroom. Using aides and toys or lingerie you need communication and Lovehoney helped us start our conversation and continue it.

Those who play together, stay together!

Experiment Never be afraid to try something once or even twice you never know if you will like it till you try it. Communicate if you see something you want to try tell your partner they may be well up for trying it too. If a toy doesn't do it for you the first time don't be put off put it away and give it a few days then try again spend time with it and try different movements you may just find it hits a spot you never even new you had. Don't be scared of the internet it's a wonderful place of discovery from the vanilla right up to the kinky you will find something you like. Lingerie can massively boost your body confidence go on treat yourself. Use the customer care and the live chat if you want to know about a product they will be more than happy to help.

Honesty (both with yourself and your partner), trust and a sense of fun. To me sexual happiness is a holistic thing, it's not just 'how often'/'how much', it's about developing a bond with your partner and a deeper understanding of your own sexuality and sexual needs.

Lovehoney has been a great tool for achieveing sexual happiness for me. Not that I was 'unhappy' before, but sending links to toys/lingerie to my husband helped us both open up about things we wanted to try. It's been a great journey and we're still on it :-) .

100% communication. You won't always be on the same page at the same time about what you want (and don't want) at any given moment, but taking the guesswork out is half of the battle. Also, talking about sex keeps it in the forefront of your mind which means you don't neglect it as part of your relationship. Also, flexibility, both a literal sense and in being open to new ideas, is hugely valuable. A bit of yoga on a regular basis helps minimise the aches and improves the way you move (and hold a position). In the same way, practicing being open to at least consider new ideas (even if the eventual decision is that you're not interested) helps build those mental muscles.

I agree with the above communication is absolutely key but I also believe confidence is vital. I believe if your confident with your own desires, in your body and your relationship you hit amazing highs in the bedroom. Where LH has helped us is exploring and experimenting with each others desires with the wide range of toys and lingerie on your site and I have found this forum to be very informative, extremely helpful and also fun. X

We have 4 'relationship values' which apply in the bedroom as well as out of it:

Passion, empathy, honesty and equality

In terms of just sexual happiness: I would add taking time to relax and experiement, knowing your own body / soul / responses as well as those of your partner, trusting each other and being generous. Communication - as others have said - and enjoying ourselves and each other.

While the start of relationships were always fun, I've found the security of being married for a long time and of being older have helped. We are more self-confident and less concerned about what the rest of the world might think.

Find out what works for you first of all...it leads to such exciting things, solo or with a partner!...xx

For me, sexual happiness is having an exciting and fulfilling sex life with partners that also enjoy having sex with me.

Open communication, honesty, not being afraid or ashamed to talk about your fantasies, trying new things and always keep it Safe, Sane and Consensual (even if it's not BDSM.)

Lovehoney offers a wide variety of sex toys, as well as plus size lingerie and BDSM-related products, all at very good prices. Honestly, my sex life would be really boring if it wasn't for Lovehoney!

Sexual Happiness is a well-stocked toy box and enough free time to use it all. 🙂

Unfortunately I can’t offer much, I haven’t had a sex life for many years, I only have solo play. Sexual happiness & a sexually happy life are sadly non existent for me. The Lovehoney Forum has been very supportive, thanks

Communicate, over everything; does that work for you? can we try? do you like? I don't like...

Doesn't matter if it's a one night stand or an 8 year marriage, talk.

Respect for each other and the boundaries each have. Communication is key.

They've picked some quotes out for the blog if anyone is interested -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2019/05/10/top-sexual-happiness-tips-as-told-by-you/

Sexual happiness for me is definitely getting to a point where you know exactly what you enjoy and if in a relationship, knowing when you voice your sexual interests and desires you won’t be judged for it! Love honey definitely helped us with our sexual happiness. When I’d discovered something new that peaked my curiosity if I felt unsure how to broach it I’d simply make an ooo sound at the screen, he’d lean in and knowing I clearly already liked what I was looking at, it never failed to open a dialogue.

Sexual happiness is about having the ability to be honest with my OH about everything - so communication is key! It’s about confidence too. Most people have insecurities about their body, but my partner is so great at complimenting me and making me feel good about myself, that I’m at a point finally in my life where I can let myself go and feel totally at ease naked. Before we met (thanks Tinder!) we spoke for 3 weeks by text/phone as he lives 230 miles away (once again... thanks Tinder 😐). We matched whilst he happened to be down South and near me. Then he went back up North. Regardless, he’s worth every mile between us! As I was saying - we spoke for 3 weeks. For the first time I admitted that no man had ever made me finish... so he knew there was a risk I’d fake it like I did with everyone else. Faking it was not an option for him! He set out to do what no man ever had before - put my pleasure first. And wow, did he do what no man had ever done before! Had I not communicated with him, he wouldn’t have known what turns me on. We were also able to tell each other about our sexual fantasies and displeasing sexual histories. He never judges me, I never judge him. We have the most open, honest and exciting sexual relationship. Which in turn led to us having a bond like no other. We both believe a strong sexual connection is important in a relationship. As is trust. And with a very adventurous sex life, you need trust! So to me, sexual happiness is about honesty, confidence, feeling comfortable with each other and communication. Along with a whole lot of Lovehoney toys!

Communication and Respect. The confidence to give things a go once.

Foreplay starts with a cup of tea in bed in the morning!!