What cheered me up recently

Yay for good bosses
Yay for scrummy porridge

3 Likes

That’s great @MsSubExperimenter :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Going for a nice walk through the meadows in the sun. Its lovely and blustery today so the sea is full of white horses. lay down in the grass to listen to the wind and watched the clouds scud across the sky. Always feels like flying.

11 Likes

Sounds idyllic @Green_Eyed_Girl :slightly_smiling_face:

Could do with some nice news, it’s been a rough time recently.

4 Likes

Hope things pick up soon @Knight1119

1 Like

Thanks @MsSubExperimenter :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, its great. Sorry your having a tough time atm, if i could post you some sunshine i would dude. Hope it gets better for you.

3 Likes

Sounds amazing, like the final scene of a movie where everything works out in the end. You paint a lovely picture with you prose.

1 Like

Yeah, it was a bit like that (only better as it was real). when i lay on the grass everything smelt like warm hay. Could have stayed there for ages very happily.
Thanks for the lovely compliment, i used to write alot of poetry. Hoping one day i’ll be able to get back to it.

4 Likes

Thanks @Green_Eyed_Girl :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When I got in early from work on Friday came upstairs and went into bedroom only to see my OH face down on the bed edited by mod

5 Likes

Yes you have had it tough mate @Knight1119 sorry mate thoughts are with you here’s a hug and I know it’s next week when we can hug but I do rules lol :+1:

1 Like

@carzy
What did she say.
Was she expecting you to walk in on her and join her?

Thanks @Gazza_64 mate :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A colleague had a seizure yesterday morning (no, this isn’t what cheered me up :joy:) but still came into work in the afternoon. He looked really poorly still so I volunteered to stay on and cover his shift so he could go home and rest.

Today I walked into work and he greeted me with a big cuddle, a massive thank you and a box of chocolates. That really meant a lot to me.

11 Likes

Thats a really nice thing you did. Seizures kind of fry your brain for about a day (feels a bit like trying to function after not getting any sleep in the last few days), so what you did really helped him massively.

2 Likes

I’ve happened to be with this same colleague as he had a nasty seizure in the driveway a few months ago, and have worked closely with epilepsy in my job (I’m in the learning disability field). I understand what you mean when you say it’s like functioning without any sleep. I know it has a big impact mentally too. Really, really scary!

3 Likes

@For_Your_Eyes_Only_x - that was lovely of you. No wonder he was grateful. I’ve had a few full tonic-clonic seizures in recent years. Bloody horrible things.

Is this where we’re at in our employment culture now, where people feel they have to report back and finish their shift after an attack of that nature? Jeez…

1 Like

I feel for you @PleasureDrone - tonic clonics look incredibly tough on the body.

He came in because he felt guilty that someone would have to cover his shift. Luckily management stepped in and encouraged him to go home too.

1 Like