What cheered me up recently

Aw that's too bad KittenFeatures, just keep trying and you'll find a great job. What about working in an old folks home until you find something more fitting, just to have something more on your CV and not worry so much about money? I usually do that during the summer when I don't have uni and I LOVE IT! Old folks are the best, it's so rewarding :)

What cheered me up today was coming home from work and walking out into the garden (yard) in the sun to see some of the solitary bees hatching. I have a bee house, in fact I have 6 bee houses and it's great to see them hatching. At the same time prospective new tenants were checking out the avalible space. My Rosemary has started to flower and my bay tree is in flower, while my huge (really needs a prune) ceonothis is about to burst into flower any day.

Even though I live in the centre of a city I feel I do my bit to help the bees.

That sounds lovely Fun Louise, you must have a beautiful garden.

Sxleksaker wrote:

Aw that's too bad KittenFeatures, just keep trying and you'll find a great job. What about working in an old folks home until you find something more fitting, just to have something more on your CV and not worry so much about money? I usually do that during the summer when I don't have uni and I LOVE IT! Old folks are the best, it's so rewarding :)

Trouble is there aren't many here and all of the ones that do exist are out of the way or not hiring. Plus I need specific hours so that it works around the current schedule of sending my daughter to daycare from 8:30 until 6pm for one or two days a week. If I don't have a full time job I'll be homeless, I can't not worry about money, it just isn't that simple unfortunately. It isn't just me I have to provide for and I have rent to pay..

Aww, sorry to hear you didn't get the job 😕 Just read all through your conversations here, its such a shame and disgusting that youre loosing money because the father wont step up to the plate. Is there any way you can contest the ammount that theyre taking? I know when i couldnt afford repayments they let me pay less back, so might be worth a trt. Or even getting in touch with the citisens advice bureo and finding out if they can help is an option worth thinking about.
Reading about that really angers me 😠 i mean, why should single mothers be punished? Society is all wrong, keep the rich rich and the poor poor is how the government work and it infuriates me. (Rant over). I know its easier said than done and I'll be laughed at for saying this (because of my rants etc. Lol), but try not to stress too much, stress is really unhealthy, bad for you and you will make yourself ill, which is the last thing you need with new baby.
what's for you will not go by you. Maybe this job opportunity didn't work out because something better is just around the corner 👌
Also try to look at possitives in your life, your new baby, and all the good things you have 💜xx

Fun Louise - that sounds like a glorious site. Your garden sound beautuful 😀I'm so glad you're doing your bit to save the bees, we have these wild flowers (bit of an eyesaw, and very hard to maintain, but they are good for news and attract them). Have a lovely day 💜xx

What cheered me up is Lfc gubbing villareal in the Europa league on Thursday, we were incredible and great to watch. Now we're in the final and i can't wait, win or loose we're at the party 😆😆😆
Also yesterday me and oh went for a lovely stroll and had a lovely time. I've even caught a slight tan on my vampire skin 😂😂💜xx

1 Like

Interesting little discovery today. Sat out in my back yard watching the bees. The adult bees actually help the baby bees to hatch. The mother bees block up the end of the bamboo tubes with mud or leaves, after they have layed their egg, and the baby bees have to dig their way out to hatch. As soon as there is a tiny hole, the adult bees help the baby bee dig the mud out to allow it to hatch. So cute.

On the plus side for the males. The mother bees are busy helping the baby bees hatch so the father bees get their way with the mother bees. So win all round really.

My parents drove to my city yesterday to go out and eat dinner with me. They slept at a hotel and came back for lunch today, really fun :)

Being out in the garden with the sun shinning, hoping to receive emails

1 Like

What a glorious day.its almost like summer 😉

I've spent the day washing Guinea pigs and scrubbing cages ! Might not be everyone's idea of a good time but I've enjoyed every single minute of it. Real sense of satisfaction seeing them all clean and shiny, snuggled up in their lovely clean cages x

The sun's shinning and I've had a wonderful email chat with a lovely person who read my profile. Might be a glorious weekend after all

1 Like

rebel5960 wrote:

The sun's shinning and I've had a wonderful email chat with a lovely person who read my profile. Might be a glorious weekend after all

Hello and welcome to Lovehoney.

Sorry but you're not allowed your email on your profile. Check out the forum rules. You'll have to remove it, or it will be removed by the moderator :)

I was not expecting them to come so it was very fun, lmh95 :) They only live 1 1/2 hours away, so it's great they can come and visit quite often!

Have had a day for myself and the boyfriend today and it's been nice. We went to a museum, had lunch and ice cream, then a walk through one of the glens. Saw his grandparents for their 50th anniversary and then went somewhere to eat for dinner too. Took my mind off of everything for a bit and my sister was happy to babysit for us. We'll pick her up tomorrow so we have the night to ourselves as well.

Aww that's sounds like a lovely day KittenFeatures. I hope you enjoy your child free night and make the most of it. :)

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job you were after. It probably wasn't meant to be. As Slinky says what's for you won't go by you! I really believe that! Keep looking and stay strong. x

I'm glad you've had a lovely day kitten features, it was just what the doctor ordered for you. Sounds like a fantastic day. Enjoy your night hunni 💜xx

1 Like

Getting an email from Leann I am getting a tester. It feels like Christmas X10

1 Like

Going for a walk in the nice sunny weather with my 2 favourite boys 😊

slinky binky wrote:

I'm glad you've had a lovely day kitten features, it was just what the doctor ordered for you. Sounds like a fantastic day. Enjoy your night hunni 💜xx

lmh95 wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

Have had a day for myself and the boyfriend today and it's been nice. We went to a museum, had lunch and ice cream, then a walk through one of the glens. Saw his grandparents for their 50th anniversary and then went somewhere to eat for dinner too. Took my mind off of everything for a bit and my sister was happy to babysit for us. We'll pick her up tomorrow so we have the night to ourselves as well.

Sounds like you had a great day. Enjoy your night:)

LeilaK wrote:

Aww that's sounds like a lovely day KittenFeatures. I hope you enjoy your child free night and make the most of it. :)

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job you were after. It probably wasn't meant to be. As Slinky says what's for you won't go by you! I really believe that! Keep looking and stay strong. x

Thank you guys. :) The night ended pretty badly but the sun is out tonight and my daughter is back with us and I'm a little bit more relaxed.

lmh95 wrote:

Sorry to read that the night went a bit sour. At least the rest of the day was fun though and you're feeling happier again today :)

I'm really fragile recently. Every little thing that goes wrong upsets me massively and I have nothing to fall back on. I feel like everything is a bit of a mess and I'm not sure what to do about any of it. I've been crying for hours uncontrollably every night recently and I'm quite lost as to what to do or who to talk to because I don't actually know what's going on with me. Someone yells at me for something small and I burst into tears, I don't really know why.