What do you call it? šŸ©ø

Yep - the act of being spooned whilst bleeding. :slight_smile:
Thereā€™s more - jam roly poly is period sex.
Jammy dodger - someone whose period doesnā€™t turn up when expected.

6 Likes

Well, that wasnā€™t quite what I was aiming for, but I suppose it is a bit early to open the throttle fully on that joke. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a question for those who like to talk about it frankly. :slightly_smiling_face: How much detail do you/would you go into? Mrs Chimp has complained of the size of the clots and stuff before, and I wondered if other people were as descriptive? :slightly_smiling_face:

And has anyone else accidentally put a sanitary towel glue side up? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I am very frank and yes I doā€¦but Iā€™m lucky I can talk about anything.
Growing up nothing was talked about and had to find out about things the ā€œhardā€ way.
Losing the whole lining of my womb in one piece was horrific and think if we are more open about not only periods but bodily functions on a whole can only help us all understand and cause less worry.

And I donā€™t think I have put a sanitary towel on upside down @Ian_Chimp
But I did sneeze once and my tampon came out into my pantiesā€¦not funny at the time as I was out and aboutā€¦had to walk like Iā€™d s**t my pants until I got to a toiletā€¦

:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Absolutely this. :+1: And if we canā€™t talk about menstruation openly then itā€™s going to be really hard to talk about things like menopause and miscarriage when/if you need to.

ā€œHowdy Pilgrimā€ :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@CurvyJilly that made me lol about the shooting tampon :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp Iā€™m quite open. Recently swapped to material/ re useable pads (which are awesome btw). My teenage son was looking at one that was drying on the airer last week. ā€œMummmm what is thatā€!? Me ā€œReusable girls stuff. Much better for the environment!ā€ He gave me a too much information look and carried on as normal. My Husband has always been unphased by all bodily functions talk and I hope my Son will be the same.

10 Likes

28 posts were split to a new topic: Honest chat about womb stuff

Ive recently started with reusable pads too, so much better. I usually just growl at my other half :joy: so moody when im on poor man!

2 Likes

Oh yeah @Ian_Chimp you need to know these things! Whether Iā€™m spotting or Iā€™ve flooded. Not only you but then Iā€™ll repeat it to my friend. AND Period Poos. Do you get told about them? Lol

No Iā€™ve never put a towel on the wrong way

2 Likes

I donā€™t really go into full descriptions when discussing it. What you call clots, I call ā€œslugsā€ :sweat_smile:

I canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever put a towel glue side up, but as Iā€™ve been wearing one it has folded on itself and the glue has yanked my public hair. Haha. Thankfully, I keep everything smooth now so it doesnā€™t happen.

I also recall a time when my period was really heavy and I was walking around like I badly needed to pee. I tried to pass it off that I stopped walking straight for Lent or something silly rather than saying I was heavily on my period. One girl tried to get me to lighten up by tickling me and I nearly smacked her into next week by my bear-like hormonal response.

5 Likes

If their full name isnā€™t Blood Slugs then Iā€™m going to be disappointed. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

They werenā€™t, but they are now :star_struck:

1 Like

My wife has switched to reusable sanitary towels too. She loves them - so much more comfy she says. She wishes she had known about them ages ago.

We were talking with our neighbour the other day, she said she was using reusable sanitary pants- which sounds like an excellent option too.

After kids, tampons didnā€™t play ball with my wife new vagina shape and kept falling off.

3 Likes

Yes sounds like a good idea. Iā€™ve always hated seeing so much waste coming from the bathroom bin going to landfill. Must say @Lovehoney_Brenna s Eco post spurred me to make a change

1 Like

Just call it my period. With the children we use the ā€˜correctā€™ terminology - Penis, Vulva, Vaginas the inside bit, why we have periods. Everything, needs to be discussed as normal, as it IS normal.

I work in Gynaecology and it always gets me how many women, and men actually, are embarrassed talking about things. We should totally normalise ā€˜lifeā€™ - misscarriage, terminations, endometriosis. The look of a Vulva and penis.

6 Likes

I like to chuck these in whenever I can. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Girl time

1 Like

Iā€™m another that calls it BJ week.

Iā€™m the nightmare friend. Iā€™m happy to talk anything gynae/sex and all in glorious technicolour. Iā€™m a walking one-woman mission to educate on all the gross stuff :wink:

Take my male friend who sent me a snitty text after I cancelled a day out. Remember the technicolour bit? Well, my return was a picture message of the large ā€˜blood slugā€™ in my hand that I think has him traumatised to this day.

Did someone mention period poos? Oh, yes. Known in our house a the period runs. Those really annoying ā€˜get out of the way - NOW!ā€™ bouts of diarrhoea that accompany my periods. Even if I wasnā€™t the announcing type my partner would know itā€™s BJ week by the number of urgent toilet trips I take. Iā€™ve spoken to a number of friends about this charming little issue and quite a few women admit they suffer this side effect. I believe itā€™s the same reason we get smellier breath at BJ week - the hormone that triggers a period triggers a loosening all around our bodies.

I also recommend the ā€˜cramp wankā€™ to women as an effective form of pain relief. Whether they asked for advice or not :grin:

If the talk comes to tampons Iā€™ll always push for non-applicator types to my friends. I like to nag them to get to know their vulvas and vaginas as itā€™s the ideal way for them to learn to touch themselves. Using an applicator removes the touch (though theyā€™re handy if you need to use/change them when youā€™re out and about) plus theyā€™re not very eco-friendly. Period cups are also pretty educational.

Why am I pushy about this? My friend insisted for years that she absolutely had to remove and replace her tampon every time she peed simply because she thought she peed out of the same ā€˜holeā€™ she bled from. Iā€™m still shocked when a woman, especially my age, is shocked to learn a basic anatomical fact.

Plus you donā€™t have to pee on your string, just tuck it out of the way into your labia and whiz away!

Iā€™m brimming with period/masturbation tips for the ladies. And an awful lot of gross stuff. Just ask :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Er, my period. Never felt the need to call it anything else.
Usually an absolute relief when it actually happens as it explains the terrible skin, poofiness and mental decline the week before. Husband not bothered at all about sex on my period so it has very little bearing on what I do/ donā€™t do.

3 Likes

I say shark week or literally just on day 1 i text my master to say ā€˜ā€™ BATTLESTATIONSā€™ā€™ lol

1 Like