What do you hate doing?

Doing the washing - I also hate paying for the washing machines and dryers in halls.

Filling in forms!

Cleaning the kitchen - in a shared flat and some of them are really messy and unhygienic in the kitchen, when I have kitchen OCD. I seem to spend my life feeling stressed over the cleanliness of the kitchen.

Coursework.

Exams.

Travelling by car when I'm not driving it (just about getting used to buses).

Shaving - I always miss bits!

Ironing, so I just don't bother! Lol
Poop scooping my garden- eurgh!
Being broke as I cant afford anything off my wish list- waaah :(

Weeding the garden. I hate doing it and always put it off so the garden is always full of weeds. Hate it!!

Ohh s&s how could I forget that one! We have an allotment and weeds are our most successful crop right now lol

Cornish89 wrote:

Ohh s&s how could I forget that one! We have an allotment and weeds are our most successful crop right now lol

That made me giggle. If only we wanted to grow weeds!

1. picking up the phone

2. being forced into small talk with totally unrelated specimens in close quarters

3. being anywhere close to specimens with closely matching DNA

4. trekking to the convenience store first thing in the morning because I ran out of my coffin nails the previous night and didn't pay attention

5. cleaning window blinds — so glad I don't have to do it anymore...

speaking on the phone .

de fleaing the kitten .

real life shopping . internet shooping is the best !!!

plucking any form of body hair

meeting new people when sober

getting out of bed

paying for things in shops with a card - i always end up forgetting my number , getting flustered , breaking into a sweat and flapping

having to entertain people . i like to have one or two people over at once if any .. any more an im all of a tizz and unhappy

paying bills

school runs in the rain .

Housework in general not good.
Hate shopping of any kind, but especially the weekly supermarket.
Most of all doing homework with the kids. It's one thing that you kind of forget that you'll have to do when you have kids. Infant school homework is fun, making models, reading and spellings. It's the secondary school stuff I hate!! Didn't like it the 1st time round when I was at school and now I have to do it all over again!! Booooo!!!!

Specifically cleaning cupboards and shelves which have stuff on them. It drives me bats to take everything out and then put it all back in again.

I hate shopping for food because it's boring, and I hate shopping for something specific like shoes, a coat or an outfit for a wedding because I can never find what I want when I do and it's my size I try it on and doesn't fit or look right and I just get annoyed and frustrated. Plus I always feel guilty about spending money on myself when there's always something else to spent money on like the car, house repairs, holidays kids etc.

Doing the dishes

Hate it so much lol

Maths!

maths is fun, until you have to differentiate complex compound double angle forula, and then you sit there and want to cry.

Dishes.

And cleaning the house of the pet.

Bleuh, hate it!

I hate sitting at my computer or with my laptop and having no inspiration for the stories I'm writing. I've got one I'm focusing on at the minute, with about four more in production as well, and I can have days where I spend hours typing away madly. Other days, I sit trawling the internet through sheer boredom because I can't type a single line!

When I'm writing some of the stories with the hopes of getting them published one day, it certainly gets frustrating when I end up with writer's block!

I hate waking up to the sound of kids arguing...and you'd think I'd have got used to it by now lol

Cat Lady wrote:

RabbitLover89 wrote:

I hate sitting at my computer or with my laptop and having no inspiration for the stories I'm writing. I've got one I'm focusing on at the minute, with about four more in production as well, and I can have days where I spend hours typing away madly. Other days, I sit trawling the internet through sheer boredom because I can't type a single line!

When I'm writing some of the stories with the hopes of getting them published one day, it certainly gets frustrating when I end up with writer's block!

Ah, writer's block :( I've been there. It sucks. I think in my case one of the problems was writing a lot, every single day, so I got burned out for a while. I have so many not quite finished stories. I'm excited about getting back to them though. I've been a bit more inspired with one of them lately.

I think that's just the curse of writing. Not a lot that can be done about it.

Although, have you ever tried writing a scene from a different perspective to learn more about a different character and keep your "writing muscles" working? I think that helps sometimes. Of course it doesn't work if you are doing omniscient narrator though.

Usually, if I get stuck with one scene I'll try another. Or I'll try a different story. I sometimes do planning instead, or listen to the music - or watch the film - that inspired me in the first place. I did spend most of last week writing, about six hours a day most days, and so I may have just burned myself out. It's not like I'm working to a deadline, so I don't feel pushed to complete anything. Then again, that's also a curse, because you think "Oh I can do it tomorrow". Only thing is, tomorrow comes and you think the same again.

getting up in the morning - my bed is too comfy!

it's easier when I have a partner to make me coffee or organize my stuff when I'm in the shower - luxury!

Cat Lady wrote:

RabbitLover89 wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

RabbitLover89 wrote:

Ah, writer's block :( I've been there. It sucks. I think in my case one of the problems was writing a lot, every single day, so I got burned out for a while. I have so many not quite finished stories. I'm excited about getting back to them though. I've been a bit more inspired with one of them lately.

I think that's just the curse of writing. Not a lot that can be done about it.

Although, have you ever tried writing a scene from a different perspective to learn more about a different character and keep your "writing muscles" working? I think that helps sometimes. Of course it doesn't work if you are doing omniscient narrator though.

Usually, if I get stuck with one scene I'll try another. Or I'll try a different story. I sometimes do planning instead, or listen to the music - or watch the film - that inspired me in the first place. I did spend most of last week writing, about six hours a day most days, and so I may have just burned myself out. It's not like I'm working to a deadline, so I don't feel pushed to complete anything. Then again, that's also a curse, because you think "Oh I can do it tomorrow". Only thing is, tomorrow comes and you think the same again.

Yeah. I'm the same. I sometimes set myself deadlines. I'm not at the moment because I have academic work that has to take priority, but once that's all sorted I am going to aim to fill in the gaps in my current WIP by November, Then in November I'm doing Nanowrimo to start the 2nd book in that trilogy.

I've spent about four years working on the same story, because it's hard to get into it, but I'm not giving up on it. It's a . Then, a couple of weeks ago I started a new one that's taken up most of my time. Thankfully, I just have my job to work around and that's on reduced hours now so I've got plenty of time to write! :D