What do you recommend

I’m relatively new here. Separated from my husband (still in same house. For now. I need to move out., whole different story) and my libido was down there with my depression (another long story). I treated myself to a few toys - jiggle balls, bullet vibrator, silencer vibrator (batteries go in but they won’t come out unless I use a crochet hook…) & rocks off vibrating butt plug.
Do you have any recommendations for a newbie who is open to play but single?
Many thanks in advance x

4 Likes

It depends on what sort of thing you fancy but wands are popular and rightfully so in my opinion!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with @MsSubExperimenter , it totally depends on what you like! If you like strong clit stimulation then wands or suction toys can be fun. I’m a major advocate for a good quality rabbit vibe if you like internal and external stimulation. If you like internal play a good quality dildo is a staple in any collection. There’s tons of tech toys these days too, you could get yourself something remote or app controlled for some play on the go.

2 Likes

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a difference between a dildo and a vibrator?
I think I might need to buy one of each and just try them makes a shopping list for when I’m no longer financially embarrassed

1 Like

Generally vibrators vibrate and dildos don’t. Although you can get the best of both worlds with vibrating dildos!

1 Like

Lovehoney have alot of sales that change regularly, so waiting for something to get reduced is a good way to get it cheaper. If you sign up for the newsletter they have discount codes that pop up from time to time. These usually get put in the deal of the day thread too, so keep an eye out. But you can usually stack them onto sale items to get even more off.

1 Like

Can recommend a rechargeable wand @VeryCurious6 very versatile and can tickle all those right places - nipples / clit / front and back door :wink:

1 Like

I’m just thinking about things that would be different from what you already have. I’d definitely recommend trying a non vibrating dildo because the sensations you get are different to a vibrating one (I think so anyway!), you can get realistic ones but I’d recommend trying a curved glass one. I’ve got this set and the clear one is amazing :heart_eyes: and this one also looks interesting. If you wanted to try something completely different and didn’t mind a bit of pain, I’d highly recommend nipple clamps or suckers (but the I’m a bit addicted so feel free to ignore that suggestion! :joy:)

1 Like

Oooooh!!!

Thanks all. So much to try :drooling_face::drooling_face:

This is now our /my favourite go to. I was devastated a little while ago when we went to a hotel as soon as we were allowed. Had a great time but when we got home, I couldn’t find my best bullet buddy and assumed I’d left it in the hotel room. I nearly cried :cry::grin:
Was on the verge of buying another one. Full price. Then I found it in my soap bag. Phew. Palpable relief!

4 Likes

My favourite toy for single player is a womanizer (terrible name, great toy!). Good luck finding a favourite toy.

I hope everything goes well for you with your separation too.

2 Likes

That curvy purple g/p spot dildo is amazing, cant recommend it enough.

1 Like

@VeryCurious6
When you explore Lovehoney’s site, look at all the extra info. They have articles that explain the difference between dildos and vibrators, short product video clips, sex guides, the Lovehoney podcast, really fun videos on YouTube and this forum. I would also recommend reading the product reviews. If you like the look of a particular toy, you can always ask for feedback on it in this forum.
I am sorry to hear of your circumstances. I think it’s really healthy of you to reconnect with yourself through self-pleasure. Hoping you have many big O’s.

1 Like

My favourite is my fifty shades of grey greedy girl real-feal rabbit vibrator and fifty shades of grey greedy girl power motion thrusting rabbit vibrator. And my womanizer pro40. I absolutely love them :heart_eyes: I love using them in front of him and especially when he uses them on me.
Have a good look on their website, see what jumps out at you, just depends what sort of toy you’re looking for. There’s so many with different lengths and girth, vibrating or non vibrating, realistic, glass or different materials, It’s going to be down to trial and error I think really.

2 Likes

I’ve found one thing that helps (as I don’t have a partner): sitting on the floor in front of the mirror. Not very comfortable though…

1 Like

It’s a very personal choice. I love a dildo and something buzzy on my clit sometimes. I love Suction toys at other times. I love the rumble feeling of my wand.
Saying that, I don’t solo play very often and very rarely use toys if I do, but my point is that not only is every body different in what they enjoy, but so if every session. Its all according if you want a quick release or a long drawn out solo session. Keep experimenting. My aim is to have one of every type of toy. As in 1 rabbit, 1 wand, 1 clit sucker etc. If I find a type of toy I really like then I may buy another upgraded version. X

1 Like

Clitoral sucker ie the air pulse 2

1 Like

Dang, I wanted an early night, start volunteering tomorrow. All this talk about toys is making me come over all unnecessary…

@VeryCurious6 please please please treat yourself to a womanizer or any other sucking device.

2 Likes